/Vishkanya: Episode Discussion Thread #1\

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi, Vishkanyans

This is the thread we can use to discuss daily episodes.  Anybody who wants can summarize the evening's events, and then they & others can comment on that.

Thanks

.V.

Edited by .Vrish. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
todays episode completely belongs 2 malay...i find him so cute 2day...
Vr15h thumbnail
Okay, to summarize everything I've read about the story so far - others can fill in...

So Kalpana, Appu & Tapur are at the party, where Vikram, one of the guests, tries to grab Appu.  She scratches him, and since she's Vishkanya, he first faints and then is later taken to hospital, where he is critical.  The family search that house for an animal that would have scratched him, not knowing that it was a Vishkanya.  Kalpana somehow manages to get Appu out of there.

Next day, Malloy visits the hospital on hearing of the attack on Vikram, and there, he spots Kalpana.  Kalpana stealthily escapes the scene, after having a close look @ Vikram and recognizing that Appu was now fully lethal & ready to be released on the Mittals.  At home, Kalpana & Dadi have an argument about using  Appu as a tool to destroy the Mittals.

Following day, police appear at the Mittal mansion w/ sniffer dogs to find the animal.  After drawing a blank, they decide to visit the Ghosh  bari.  In the meantime, Malloy, after his repeated knocks on the door go unanswered, decides to come thru the window, and manages to persuade Appu not to raise the alarm.  Kalpana was hesitant to allow the investigation in, but decided to let them.  Malloy on seeing them all persuaded Appu to hide him in the cupboard.

The investigating party searched the whole house.  When they got to Appu's room, the dog cowered on seeing Appu, obviously recognizing her as lethal.  Malloy's aunt searched the room, and stumbled on Appu's ayurvedic meds, but otherwise, drew a blank.  Downstairs, the dogs suspected the locked storeroom, and another search was made there, but nothing was found.  Later, in that room, Kalpana pushed the mirror exposing an entrance to the godown which exposed some woman to whom she brought tea.  She assured her that Appu was close to her goal.

Kalpana also met Malay and asked him to visit their house openly, so that he could take Appu out & introduce her to the world.  Later, within Malay's earshot, she talked to Appu about visiting a temple.  Later, they were at the temple, where Malay, his bro & 2 friends happened to be there.  Kalpana feigned being called out to the hospital and urged Appu to stay w/ Malloy, requesting him to take her home over Appu's objections.  Malloy agreed.

At the car, Appu waited while Malloy returned after changing.  They drove off, w/ Kalpana hiding behind a tree watching all this.

Precap: Appu is enjoying the breeze  by sticking her hand out, while Malloy, who is distracted, runs head-on into a truck.  Will they survive❓
Vr15h thumbnail
Ok, so yesterday's episode showed Malarajita chasing the truck  Tapur was in, w/ a few gang members trying to assault her  When they arrived, she managed to break free & escape.  She certainly showed fighting spirit - fighting off those goons, and running away.  What was strange though, was her not returning - did she not see Apu?  Or does she hate her so much that even in this sorta situation, she doesn't wanna be anywhere near her?  One disappointment - Appu didn't scrath the guy who was trying to attack her - he would have been killed

Finally, Mrs Mittal & Mrs Ghosh confronted each other, w/ the former warning the latter to keep her distance from Malloy, and threatening to take him back to London.  She was apparently trying to fix him up w/ a gal, and he was too busy in the Tapur chase.  One thing I like - Mrs Mittal confronted the real culprit here.  If only she knew that Kalpana was out to kill  her son, not make him a jamai.

The precap scene showed what was there in the TB article - Appu carrying Malloy back to the car, when a cobra attacks her.  As is now known, the cobra will die.  Will Malloy be conscious enough to notice?  Will Appu guess that she's a vishkanya from the snake's fate?
Vr15h thumbnail
So the 2-some has gone from a 3-some to a 4-some, w/ the Mittals trying to get Malloy hitched to Taneka, and succeeding after Kalpana's manipulating events  by announcing Appu's engagement.  In retaliation, Malloy gets engaged to Taneka.

So Malloy goes w/ Taneka to the Ghosh bari and flaunts her b4 Kalpana & family.  Appu looks really depressed, and to rub it in, Malloy suggests them going out on a double date 😈  Now Kalpana has to produce the potential groom.

So Kalpana no longer needs Appu to cooperate w/ her, since Malloy is completely under her spell?  But that breaks once Malloy gets engaged.  Kalpana would need Appu to somehow scratch members of the Mittal family.  Instead of targeting Malloy, she should target his mom, who is the most serious threat to her family.

Didn't see last night's episode, so let's see how this plays out
Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice episode today. 
I liked Malay and Kanika interaction. I am really liking Kanika's character.

Even "Arjun" was nice. Love the way Kalpana calls him "Orjun" 😆

Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

So the 2-some has gone from a 3-some to a 4-some, w/ the Mittals trying to get Malloy hitched to Taneka, and succeeding after Kalpana's manipulating events  by announcing Appu's engagement.  In retaliation, Malloy gets engaged to Taneka.

So Malloy goes w/ Taneka to the Ghosh bari and flaunts her b4 Kalpana & family.  Appu looks really depressed, and to rub it in, Malloy suggests them going out on a double date 😈  Now Kalpana has to produce the potential groom.

So Kalpana no longer needs Appu to cooperate w/ her, since Malloy is completely under her spell?  But that breaks once Malloy gets engaged.  Kalpana would need Appu to somehow scratch members of the Mittal family.  Instead of targeting Malloy, she should target his mom, who is the most serious threat to her family.

Didn't see last night's episode, so let's see how this plays out

I cannot understand what Kalpana wants. Does she what the whole family dead or just Malay? Why doesn't she hire a hitman to get the job done? why this elaborate vishkanya drama? 😕

When I try to think logically, it gives me a headache. So I just shut my brain and enjoy the show. I find it much more entertaining than a lot of other stuff on TV.  

Kalpana's obsession with Malay is sickening. She has been focused on him since he was a child.  Edited by Katori - 8 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Malloy is the son of Kalpana's ex/fake hubby & her sautan.  Even though it's unstated, that's why  she wants Malay dead.  Her ex hubby cheated her by marrying her when he was already married, and I suspect Tapur is their kid.  While her de facto sautan had been hunting down her  family,  which is why she has that  elaborate scheme of having a house right next to theirs, instead of being on the run.  So she has a doubly strong reason for wanting to get back at them, and what better to do it than target Malloy.

What I don't get is - does she want to sacrifice Appu in the process of getting this done?  In other words, does she want Appu to marry Malloy?  B'cos if she does, and Appu then kills  Malloy, then she would have widowed herself.  That sort of an attitude even from a mashi to a niece would be pathological.  My reading of it has been that she wants to draw Malloy close so that he gets killed, w/o marrying Appu.  Kalpana has seen Nilanjana become a zombie, and presumably doesn't  want the same thing to happen to Appu.

In which case, if Appu does marry Malloy, wouldn't that completely sabotage her plans to kill him?  Another complication w/ such a marriage - while there is no blood relationship b/w Malarajita, they are in fact half cousins.  So wouldn't their marrying be somewhat verboten, given that both Kalpana & Malloy's mom know these facts?
Vr15h thumbnail
Finally, this story makes some major strides tomorrow, w/ Appu going to Malloy's house and telling him that she's willing to be his but on one condition: he has to completely restore the dignity of her mom & grandmom.

I don't doubt Malloy's willingness to do that, but now, he'd have to armtwist his own family to go along w/ him.  The only thing that might make him stall is Appu's secret.  Given Malloy's support for them, Kalpana should forget about including Malloy in her revenge & only targeting his mom & aunt.

Also, if Malloy's mom wants to sabotage the relationship, she can tell him about how Kalpana secretly married his dad, and how Appu is his sister (since she doesn't know that Appu's mom is actually Nilanjana).

One question - where was Tapur in all of this?  Her home is being attacked, and she's nowhere?

Anyway, I think the next few weeks will quickly culminate in Malarajita's wedding
abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
bt i thnk appuz comment was a sarcastic one lyk how can he restre her familyz lost respct,may b she says so its also impossible 2 her to be with him

if malay wants 2 restre the rspct nly he cn do it by marryng appu,which i dnt thnk appu wnts as she well aware of her being vishkanya truth