Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Tuesday 29th March 2016 ep 202 My Take ~ two headed monster  

Within some cultures across the world ,a woman is still perceived  as one  who  plays a vital  role in  being the home  maker. The wife in particular  is the  one  expected  to   pull a family unit together and  to at all costs keep  it from disintegrating. Due to this serious onus  that females  have to bear, mothers from an early age  make it their duty to educate and condition  their daughters  in the  challenging task of dealing  with the family  they are wedded into. To me the tempo of the  episode  is set on the theme of the values for life  skills  given by two mothers  Kanak , dulari to their respective daughters   Dhani i and shalu.

Whereas Dhani  wishes to show  inclusion  of Shalu for the puja at her ashram. Shalu rejects it vociferously before her mother as an act of constant  annoyance for her on  dhani's part. She blames her brother for having dhani's love's blinkers on !that he fails to note how much   Dhani   irritates  her.  Kanak  instead of  discouraging her daughter for misinterpreting   dhani ,grabs  the moment and shows agreement with her daughter  and uses shalu  as  a potential ally  at  bringing   dhani down!.  As the elder she reflects,  that due this witch   Dhani! her son viplav is a changed man,all due to  Dhani  who she will sort out..  Both mother and daughter  have it  in for  dhani! Even her good turns will be seen as bad turns. Shalu  wallows in self pity that due to dhani she gets told off! for Dhani its like  facing a two headed monster!

In the love nest the needy male,Viplav seeks attention from his wife.like a new wife his slightest lethargic relaxation alarms  Dhani! and he admits to a small headache ..no wonder with the amount of headache his mother causes him its hardly surprising. Nothing like a soothing  gentle head massage from the wife's healing hands.As usual  Dhani  blames herself for his headache, he hadn't eaten a thing at  the ashram,  but she has just the thing for him. Chocolate!  With maternal caring touch she makes the moment sweeter and creamier like the chocolate! by feeding him pieces. Suddenly by her attention and care his headache wanes away. The melting quality of the chocolate when crossed with heat, affords them  the joys of tasting chocolate  on their persons. Such sweetness  to the taste. Gradually  a wave of slow passion ,arises within  both and soon both are swept  away by the arduous  wave of love.. The two become one, joined in wedded bliss tossed in the oblivious ecstasy of love.. as they block all the unsavoury  family bickerings outside the closed of their love nest..  

Another mother exists, who nurtures her son in the crude act of hunting for their next meal. Raja is scolded for not using his mind effectively as Sulochana's  greed grows. Desperate measures are suggested as eloping with Shalu..but this son tells his mother he'd rather wait and act wisely rather than act in haste  and ruin the plan.  This two headed monster of mother and son,too apart from entry into the mansion  also cranes  its neck to get  Dhani! 

One daughter continues to do things   on the sly . Shalu   looks for a particular  chunni she needs to wear as she secretively  goes to meet Raja. Her urgency brings her to the servant who  is about to launder soiled  clothes. Shalu banter about the  missing  chunni alarms her mother, who wants to know what the hurry is? its slips out of Shalu's mouth have to meet a friend !kanak  quizzes her and it seems  Shalu's dirty linen is about to be washed in public  but is saved by presumably   Dhani's supposedly  vermillion wiped piece of clothing .kanak scoffsi its that widow's  vermillion and Shalu conceals her lie of hoodwinking her mother by  sneering bro is completely immersed in her love.. really it applies to Shalu who is utterly lost in Raja's love! Is she up to no good?

Dhani faces the mirror and smiles as she recalls the sweet confectionary chocolate moments with her love. Her heart swells with love and she shies away from her own bashful face.. Viplav phones and wants her to check the travel brochure to decide where she wants to travel ,then later they  can check and confirm their choice. One look at the   brochures leave poor Dhani   blank.. She is quite  ignorant  to the sorts of places viplav might like. Shalu might help to throw some light on his favourite holiday spots..

Here  again   Dhani's  approach for help from Shalu is totally miscalculated.  Is  Dhani insensitive to the fact  that  Shalu is at the moment cut up due to her foiled marriage  to  Raja?  Dhani  alerted Viplav towards his mothers angst towards  them ,her in particular.. but in the scene with Shalu regards the travel brochure it appears Dhani  fails to see the girls   misery.. or possibly Dhani is under the misconception that  Shalu is over the Raja debacle?  A simple honest request from  Dhani due to her illiteracy  irk's Shalu and her rage  comes out forth with  setting the brochures alight ! !with a basically ,go to hell to   Dhani!  from Shalu. Dhani manages to retrieve its charred pieces, where as shalu  follows with a  verbal volley  by her mother like venom! Spews it at  Dhani! she irritates her! taunts, mocks her by asking her! telling her how lucky she is by being married twice while  for her marriage  was stopped from happening twice!  To everything that  Dhani utters, Shalu twists and reverses ! acts monstrous  towards  Dhani..  Dhani begins to get the picture..that Shalu  instead of showing gratitude to her, for saving her from that sheep in wolf's clothing Raja! Shalu blames her for stopping her marriage .Dhani  does uphold herself and admits before Shalu , she will not apologize for getting her marriage  stopped as she feels she did the right thing. In  a desperate moment,  Dhani also tries to expose Raja's true colours but a highly  strung Shalu pushes  Dhani out of her room!   Dhani eventually realizes she shouldn't have mentioned  going abroad to  Dhani. ..

Her mother had taught her, be sure to treat elders with respect  and younger ones with love. Hence no way is Dhani going to repeat the incident to Viplav. Back in the room he wants the brochure and she quietly backs to the bin in their room and drops the charred brochure as  a disposed off topic. Then pretends to look for the brochure and  finally tells him she misplaced it..  He asks where she was ? She replies Shalu's room and he hugs  her ,wants to know how Shalu  behaved  with her? dhani for the solidarity of the family  lies and replies yes she spoke to her nicely .. She goes to make his tea to stop her tears from spilling... and her mother's words come back to her.. She has to maintain faith! that perseverance will pay eventually.  That she has to  keep the family together! Its the woman's role  that determines  whether the family  stays  united.  Dhani  draws strength and emerges  strong! hopeful she will win hearts!  !

Dhani goes down the stairs she meets   Kanak going up halfway.. Kanak checks her and restricts her freedom of movement! orders her no widow is allowed to enter the kitchen! Acidly  Kanak continues to insult  Dhani by reversing the role of the widow  with  Dhani. For Kanak , Dhani remains the perennial widow! while  she remains the married powerful mistress of the mansion !

Viplav  pleased with   Dhani's treatment of Shalu  brings her a box  of chocolates. His sister turns it down and her guilt yells out  as she says he's come to fight  Dhani's case as her lawyer! Because, He gets the picture and reveals  Dhani  never mentioned  that she burnt the brochure !  she actually  covered up for her!Shalu back chats with him and he tells both   Kanak and Shalu, he is made to feel like a stranger, pushed into isolation  in his on house, due to the treatment they mete out to his wife. In rejecting  Dhani ,they reject him.. finally he advises his mother if she respects and accepts  Dhani .may be Shalu, will follow suit too! Viplav leaves the room and sees  Dhani tearful huddled against the wall outside the room..

Overall  apart from the love nest scene,the rest of the episode sounded grim Shalu is doing her own thing.. Eisha  and Mishal  were great..   hamlet53 30.3.16

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

revathirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you hammi for d wonderful post...πŸ‘
kiranpri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Hammie for the lovely take. I have not had the opportunity to watch the serial this past week or even come online for more than 5 mins. Today I took some time out to relax. I enjoyed reading your post as it felt like I was watching the episode. 
Will catch up all the episodes soon hopefully.
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thnk u so much Hammie for another wonderful take dear...😳
waah Double Headed Monster,, maza aagya.. so apt..😳

I love how u compare 2 mother's up bringing at the start⭐️ yes ur right Shalu jst as her mother need someone to blame for all her miseries... I do think it was actually very rude of Dhani to take those brouchers to her but atleast this help shalu open up her bottled emotions,,the frst step been taken,, she can get help now.. shalu's matter has not been addressed properly till now n I hope now ViDha act wisely n bring about the truth of RA n fix shalu n KT... that's the onli way left for Dhani ofc😊

other than that we had dat steamy hot choc romance of ViDha,, connecting their present romance with past scenes..cv's are actually successful in keeping the essence of old IKRS..πŸ˜›

thnx once gain for writing for us dear Hammie..😳
take care.
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hammie dear ,
Brilliant as always .
U know what I like most about ur takes.if I mention everyday it will b boring.wish I could write something about d episode too.I can't write actually.in Bengali , yes sometimes but not in English. 🀒 so I can't take part in discussions regarding d episode , symbolism n etc etc.
I love reading ur take n can tell u how much I liked it n enjoyed reading d story from ur point of view.can't thank u enough, I missed d episode yesterday , there is no repeat telecast but still I can enjoy d episode , that too in details.
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie

Aimf is sick as 2 dogs --fever, pounding headache, chills, etc. Yes, my friend, it is the full-blown flu. So why is aimf telling you this? Looking for sympathy? You bet! πŸ˜†

Coming to your take --today's was specially enjoyable because of the all contrasts you have drawn --between the daughter and daughter in law, between the son and the son out-law, and between the two monster in laws. Very nuanced and enjoyable reading. Thank you.

My thoughts on this episode are similar to yours. Yes, there is enough of inimical saas-bahu drama, but with Kanak's well drawn character, it is so much more than the regular kitchen politics. Kanak is a murderess and a control queen and will stop at nothing to ensure that ViDha get separated.

Also, I must say that I found it refreshing that there is no big hype about the "first night" between the leads. It is wonderful that the story between two people madly in love is allowed to progress at a natural pace without any contrived attempts to delay consummation in order to hold viewership and raise TRP.  In this and other ways, I find our serial a notch above the rest.

A spoiler OLV showed Shalu becoming all goody-goody again and mending her ways. Whether this is for real, or whether Shalu is going along with a ploy by rotten Raja so that he can worm his way into the Tripathi household remains to be seen.

That is all for now. Bed calls. Take care and best wishes.
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^^Awww Get well soon . Hope a lot of people are fussing over you - the bright side of feeling sick .

In the meantime we Ishq girls will try and entertain you .
Silverrmoon thumbnail
Sorry of the dealy Hammie...

Dear dear HammieπŸ˜ƒ ...as usual brilliantly written...now whatever dhani says it will be taken on a negative note by shalu the new member of kanak taunt group...her behavior towards dhani is not acceptable at all...dhani I feel shouln't have gone to her and ask her where can she go to enjoy her HM...it is like adding salt to shalu's wounds, but shalu insulting her shoving her out shows what mind set she has developed recently.

Dhani for once should stop trying to be a saint and get humiliated over and over. Viplav rightfully said the insults which both mother and daughter hurl at dhani are bounced back to him...taking chocolates from brother is taken in such a wrong way bad very bad ...he requests kanak to stop with her drama which she obviously wont listen...shalu wont learn a lesson unless she faces the truth in a very hard way.

Dhani looks soo pretty no wonder viplav can't keep his hands to himself πŸ˜†...she is indeed beautiful be in a white saree or colourful ones. Till then take care dear. Waiting for your next part.πŸ˜ƒ

Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hammie my dear Two headed Monsters don't scare me enough to tell you once again
that reading your take makes me "happyyy "😊

True what you have stated that most cultures expect women to be the home makers.
But I think it takes both the woman and a man to make a home successful  and as they say it takes two wheels to make the cart move smoothly.

Dhaani's wish to try to bring Kanak to like her...notice I did not say "Love" is going to be a lobourious job and are we ready to wait that long to see her insulted and called a witch every day.  
And now Shaalu  is turning into another shadow of her mother, and we have not even seen the real face of D T yet.  so much hatred for one girl under that roof in too depressing.

And then we get the chocolate feeding scenes and we get to forget the  meanness outside their closed bedroom doors.

Dhaani and her remembering her sweet night spent with her loving hubby blushes
and her shy smile tells how happy she is with her new husband that loves her more than she ever expected.

Dhaani going to Shaalu after knowing what she thinks of her was an obvious mistake
and Shaalu does not disappoint, with her trying to burn the brochures of the trips.
Such a spoilt selfish bitter person Shaalu has turned into and still stands firm in her belief that Raja was made for her.  Wish Viplav and Dhaani try to show her soon what that snake is like before Shaalu makes a colossal mistake and does something stupid.

Thank you Hammie,  for your chocolatey take that always leaves a sweet taste behind.

Take Care...hope your day sparkles with joy.

premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hey Hammie .

you are so right about the theme of todays episode and the values and skills that are handed over from a mother to daughter. How a mother sets the example and the daughter picking on them as her life moves ahead. Daughters are called a reflection of their mother . The Dhani & Shallu contrast so well portrayed and highlighted by you , the difference in their upbringing.

The "love nest" as you call it is the space where both Viplav and Dhani can shed off their headaches and heartaches and just be together. Oblivious to the world outside they continue to build on their love and trust as One . A no fuss , important scene to be honest and done aesthetically .

Vipal is in a hurry to decide on their honeymoon destination. Dhani confused has no clue of what to choose  . The only person she can think of who can help her is her sister in law who is literate and of her age group with whom she can discuss something like a honeymoon.  . When in a new house a bride often looks for support from people who can be their friend besides their husbands. Was she right to walk over to Shallus room for a suggestion  ?  A mistake indeed but not because of insensitivity . Dhani did not think it through nor did she anticipate such a violent reaction from her SIL .

And Shallu ?  Should I sympathize with her or pity her ?  She has yet to grow a spine and a thinking mind of her own . As Viplav said she is Na Samaj . She mimics her mother's actions and words to gain attention. She did that at the Pindi pooja during Shambhu's death and now again channels her unhappiness towards Dhani in the way she has seen her mother do it. The one person who is giving her attention is Raja and she has promised allegiance to him. So gullible that can be taken advantage by anyone who is not her brother or bhabi. Found her actions to be cruel .

She compared herself to Dhani saying you have had the fortune of marrying twice ( something Kanka too said a day ago ) and I've had the misfortune of 2 broken engagements . Really Shallu , Kanak ?  Dhani living a life of a widow and being mistreated by the family you want to send your daughter to is her good fortune ?  Is the good fortune just the Act of getting married ? Gosh what is with people to put "marriage" on such a pedestal . Its an important part of life not life itself.  I would really like someone to tell this to Shallu ..but who will ?

From KAnak & Shallus's perspective I get it . They are the ones with the prestige, the money and the means for a good life but with a reversal in fortune it is the poor widow who seems to have the last laugh . And to deserve such a recognition from Viplav it has to be Dhani who has bewitched him - that chudail is the enemy who needs to be exterminated .

Now the last scene , my favorite of the day . Viplav walks in with a box of chocolate for his little sister . Asks her to sit together and share a piece . Shallu is in no mood to indulge him gives him a dry response - you have come as a lawyer to prosecute me as I burnt your brochures. Viplav , the elder brother and on recurring advise from his wife to be calm, quietly replies that he does not even know about the incidence . "Thanks for clarifying it and for making your feelings towards Dhani known. She is trying to built a bridge with you and all you can offer her is hate ". Not backing down or threatening to leave AN he asserts that Dhani is her because of him and she has an equal right to stay here as you have,  She deserves the respect and if you cant give it willingly do it as a favor . Coz all this hate that you hurl at her is directed to me .  Loved Loved him standing up for himself and his wife.

He walks out reminding Shallu - "Here is the chocolate box I bought for you ..." it was bought out of love and care ..its is still here for you .  He bumps into Dhani outside who stands with tears of gratitude in her eyes for the Love this man has for her.  Ishq Ishq...

Yeah a bit on the senti side but these women need a lesson in life ... will they ever learn.

Thanks All for reading my ramblings everyday .  I am loving the show even the days when I am all full mode complaining.

Talk to you all soon.