we shall overcome some day..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Monday 28th March 2016 ep 201 My Take ~ we shall overcome one day..

Such is the power of the marriage solemnized   by the deities that the vulnerable one out of the two will never be alone. The other half will forever be there to safeguard the other! With the thump the rolling pin catches dhani on the side of the forehead.  The object used  by   Kanak   to  subjugate  dhani  has to be a rolling pin. A hard  cylindrical   kitchen tool with handles used to  mould and flatten  dough in any shape or form. The control lies in the hands of one who uses the  tool, has power over the appliance , the dough  has little choice except  that of becoming malleable at the hands of the rolling pin! Kanak is the hard wood rolling pin set in her old style  power of being the mistress who controls the mansion. Dhani is the dough who is willing to making adjustments  and adaptations.. To grant reasonable control to the rolling  pin! Not in a power struggle but all for the sake of the mansion's stability.. 

The bang at Dhani naturally causes immediate reaction from viplav, first thing first, cold compress  of a warm care  of attention   for dhani , that instantaneously  falls into  judgement and verdict! Yes he saw clearly what his mother did!  Spontaneously viplav's  defensive loyalty  comes into play for his wife. Reacts at his mother , whenever she cannot bear Dhani's sight! She should pick on him rather then Dhani. To his mother it is clear siding with  his wife that viplav  is doing .It irks her even more apart from the fuss  he makes of Dhani's forehead  at the hands of the flying rolling pin! Dhani judges the  situation  as it shows signs of worsening  ,that which she wants not!  She  deflates the situation by  supporting and covers up for  Kanak  before her son, that the action was a mere accident!   Kanak of course finds  dhani's defence of her as nothing short of patronising! And walks off. 

To cover up  for each other s shortfalls for the sake of a good cause seems to be a  developed  trait of widowhood. At  the haven in the ashram   Rajlaxmi  covers up for dulari when questions are asked about Dhani's sudden wedding! She says the groom was impatient and hence the hurry!

But  Viplav  is in no mood to put a lid on  the incident with dhani. He wants clarifications  from his mother despite  dhani's effort to cover up and stop things from blowing  out of  proportion.  For his wife's defence, Viplav rages  thunderously! raises the tempo of his voice and demands why  his mother  attacked Dhani? Dhani's interjection  of it being a mishap! he pushes aside .Will Viplav have to learn to balance  how he perceives the love of these two women? for  slight imbalance  in his show of love towards  one and less to the other , will make him end in a pickle .. as in now, where  Kanak his mother clearly feels  her significance in her son's life lessens due to Dhani! Embittered   Kanak denies the incident ,  furious, he calls her a liar and since she too wants to rob him of his  peace she  resists giving  him an answer of why she dislikes Dhani. More arguments  in defence of Dhani ,she's been accepted by his grandparents,  except  her who rejects! but for his mother Viplav yells accusations, she  always  wanted to split them  even used tripurari!  Kanak defies  him still ! and he threatens his mother with age old sore that children give their parents,  he'll take Dhani and leave  home if she doesn't end her sharp turns and attacks on Dhani! he seriously raises the health and safety issue of his wife ,which is not unjustified on  his part.  Then Viplav  calms down, and  as the son, teaches his mother  the lesson of  what constitutes a happy family ,where people are supportive of each other, understand each other love each other, sadly  he cannot find any of these things in this family.. hence she is welcome to have her home,her anger and her hatred! and before her very shocked eyes  Kanak watches her son grab his wife's arm and  leave her room!  love begets love and hate begets hate..

Dashrant  catches sight of  a furious  Viplav  with  Dhani in tow in hand  as he heads  to his room, where he locks himself and refuses to let  Dashrant enter despite  Dhani's pleas. Dashrant uses his  good sense as opposed to   Kanak  who is hot air and  sums up,  falls outs happen in all households. But Viplav too was not  one to mince his words  he told his dada ji he was leaving due to his mothers  violent turns against Dhani and he relates the rolling pin incident.  Tells dashrant in no uncertain  terms that if this family  shows disrespect and puts his wife  down he would rather leave than put up with such treatment. Dashrant  is devastated as he fails to calm his  grandson  down. But dhani offers her help, wants time with her husband.

Dhani uses the wife's prerogative! the things a wife has to do to make her husband  see sense! a feigned  headache, tender emotional blackmail, her head  aches due to him latching on to his angst, an appealing defence of his mother, justifications for his mother's anger , bust up of shalu's marriage, her misjudgement of raja's goodness, they need to work in clearing this misconception..kanak is also annoyed  due to their secret marriage! any mother would be angry? she reminds him even her mother was enraged when she found out! Viplav disregards the comparison between the two.. As the truth is  that dulari  loves and trusts viplav  utterly, where as  kanak.. Dhani admits his mother hates her ,but surely his love for her is stronger than the hate  his mother has for her.. She empowers him that things will change but will take time, she needs his help as she has come to this house to make it not break it! Viplav  regrets her first day began on such a bad note he wonders what she is made off? and warns her not to be so perfect that he fears. Dhani replies she knows but one thing, with love, one can overcome  anything.dhani reminds him, he loves her ,she loves him together they shall over come one day! She tells him not to lose faith!  Keep cool headed! And stay calm, understand things , don't overact and take decisions in haste! Viplav  listens to his sensible wife dhani and leans forward and does the obvious, kisses his wife hastily on her  lips!seems hard to accept that viplav a lawyer has to be reminded  about certain golden rules  of living. As sometimes in a situation that appears volatile it is perhaps   useful to have a close  confidante  talk through things objectively ,as it can have a calming effect.

Kanak mirrors her son's earlier furious behaviour and loses it before Dashrant. Shares with him her deep rooted  loathing of so much so as sighting Dhani. Dashrant rebukes her and tells her  to wait for the opportune moment.  Kanak worries him by  a truth, give Dhani time, till she delivers an heir?

Funnily enough her son Viplav is thinking  on those lines ,  which he totally misunderstands, yet he suggests to Dhani let's give mother a bonny  baby boy! That should surely make her happy and Viplav  wants to start on that assignment forthwith  but  is snubbed by his wife as they have to get ready for the havan.Asking his mother permission to leave would perhaps clear the air Dhani reckons ,and Viplav like an obedient husband agrees..

Viplav peeps at his mother through her ajar door, she is trying to rub off some scar , she mutters what scar is this? won,t come away... This scene to me is inspired by the scene from Macbeth ,where lady Macbeth frantically  washes off imaginary blood off her hands.. In the scene it's her guilt  to   instigate her husband Macbeth to murder the king.. Here ,Kanak  rubs off an imaginary stubborn stain that refuses to come off.. is it that of being plagued  with widowhood by providence? She always looked down upon widows as  inauspicious  and pariah ,now try as she may she cannot reverse that situation..  However   Kanak  seeing that Viplav is about,  calls the scar , the pain she caused Viplav ,  to invoke her sons feelings, moved by her words , he gives her a protective hug..and she cries ,dont leave her and he appeals can she not love his love? He asks her is her anger greater than her son's love.. Viplav will have to learn that yes her anger towards  Dhani is  more than his love towards Dhani.. He gets his answer  when she snubs dhani as she asked permission to take Viplav for puja to ashram..but dashrant deceitfully  comes and gives permission and praises Viplav for  making up with his mother. Dhani, he praises for her effort in calming Viplav and  Kanak he threatens  by saying seems the keys to the house should be handed over to Dhani.. He knows how to pull  Kanak up for her offensive behaviour. But Dhani clearly says she cannot take away  Kanak's role. Viplav tells his mother ,the girl she loathes so much, is the one who stopped him today from leaving home.. he assures his mother he loves her and will continue to do so, but that  he loves Dhani too and will continue to love her too.. viplav tells his mother,the girls she loathes..is the one who stopped him from leaving home today..

So a desparate Shalu is seeing raja secretly.. he makes good use of her being besotted with him..leads her on to serve his purpose. She is his golden goose.. Shalu meets her bhai and bhabi in the drive.. as a bro viplav asks her where she'd been and she replied , around with a friend. Dhani praises Viplav  for his cool headedness.

Viplav takes his wife for a spin in the car.. there is talk about going abroad its a lovely scene where the wife thinks about the money for the holiday..

Overall it was a  pleasant episode, with lots of husband and wife scenes. the background continues to be a bitter kanak.both dhani and viplav  think of how best to deal with Kanaks grievances and wrath.. Dashrant keeps up appearances.. ohh the episode had a moral ring to it  viplav advising kanak,dhani  giving bashan to Viplav.. and there was a question  viplav asks Dhani ..which I have  the actor ask in another programme..barbie might know..  hamlet53 29.3.16

sorry for posting  so late ,had visitors..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nuttyme thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey hamlet... 
Gud post. Btw... What's the question Viplav asks dhaani??? 
Am sure Barbie n u can share here too!! πŸ˜Š
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ brilliant as usual hammie,
Title is perfect n d beginning is beautiful.loved d way u compared dhani with d dough.
Viplab is going through d real test, lets see if he can bring balance in his relationships .dhani as a wife and as a daughter in law also tries to rebuild d family bonding together.I am loving this pair more now.
Thanks a lot for giving us d opportunity to read ur take , everyday. I am always amazed at d fact that when someone knows how to play with words he can make a simple scenario look special.
bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nuttyme

Hey hamlet... 

Gud post. Btw... What's the question Viplav asks dhaani??? 
Am sure Barbie n u can share here too!! πŸ˜Š

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† u are tang khiching (teasing) nutty?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
the ques is "Tum kis mitti ki bani ho Dhani"πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
i am sure Hammie must have got a deja vu feeling just like Rama and MeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
samiaadiya12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
good post hamlet like always😊
Meenakshi-rg thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great post as usual hammie.
And that macbeth kanak scene was good.
Silverrmoon thumbnail

Dear dear Hammie...Wow good comparison of dhani and Kanak to that of a dough and rolling pin...perfectly fits the situation...I'm glad viplav reminded kanak of the meaning of a family that which unites people not meant for breaking the house. He anger is justified and nobody should be subjected to physical torture.

DT again remindes her wait for an opportunity and then make her move. She starts with it saying I lost my temper please don't leave me blah blah blah to viplav after seeing dhani she forgets about it πŸ˜†πŸ˜† She clearly feels losing to dhani her hatred has increased ten fold...dhani being a wise one advises not to lose his temper and realize the present situation rather than throwing fits all over.The kiss seem spontaneousπŸ˜†dhani seems surprised was a natural reaction as if it really was eisha'sπŸ˜†.

And coming to shalu she meets him secretly and she does what her illusions says so...be with raja for he is your well wisher...it's a pity she has started creating a web of lies and to cover up one lie another lie is created. And she doesn't realize the gravity of the situation...As you said shalu is indeed a golden goose as long as she lays golden eggs its utilized later its dumped or its finished forever. I loved reading your post looking forward to the next part...Till then take care .

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful symbolisms and imagery in your post today, Hammie.

Overall, an enjoyable episode. Eisha is eye-candy, and the CVs has good dress sense for her. Aimf likes her get up in the elaborate embroidered floral tops and solid colored saris.

- -Vip and Dhani your hyped up honeymoon may not happen, for we know that as you are embarking on the trip, you lovebirds might be sidetracked to another adventure --saving Shalu from the clutches of demonic Raja, who might decide to run away with her precisely at the time your flight is taking off.

--Kanak, Kanak, Kanak! What to say about you? You are acting like a child who did not get her favorite toy for christmas. The comparison to Lady Macbeth is very apt here. Is she trying to wash her hands off Dhani, or her culpability in Shambhu's murder? At least your detest is out in the open, unlike wily DT who is a chameleon.

--Shalu, it appears that you are  chomping at the bit to run away with rotten Raja asap. Fear not. Bhaiyya and Bhabhi to the rescue.

That is all for now, Hammie. Take care and rest well.

Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Well Hammie,  I will come over and enjoy your wonderful take to see the episode through your eyes...

Your "Balan" theory with the malleable "Dough " was absolutely great.
K T with her temper that sits on the tip of her nose flies off the handle when she sees Dhaani.    Really she has to be shown and soon from Viplav or D T that she had better put a stop to her ugly vengeance or she will be the one to leave A N.

Dhaani making light of this act of sheer hatred is another mistake she going to regret if she thinks this is the right way to win a Heartless woman's heart.😑
K T is a Tyrant and if you do not stand against Tyranny than you are as bad as the Tyrant is.

Viplav tries to get to the root of K T 's hatred and here again Dhaani tries to make him
understand that K T has probable cause for her anger.

Really Dhaani !! this woman has tried to KILL you several times and besmirched your character and you still think you can win her over with your love and being a doormat for her to walk over.   Wake up ! before she puts you to sleep forever.

I skip over Shaalu and Raja, and their idiotic tete e tete,  Shaalu better smarten up before the lech gets you into more trouble than you are capable of handling.

I found Viplav suggestion to give K T a grandchild to change her mind cute but at the same time I could visualize KT trying to find ways to stop Dhaani from getting pregnant.  

Well in the end both Viplav and Dhaani will have to come to a decision in how to overcome this overly negative atmosphere they are surrounded with in A N.

Thank you Hammie,  for coming everyday to give me pure pleasure in reading your lovely thoughts on every episode.

Take care,  hope you always find strength to overcome any obstacles that may come your way.

premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

We shall overcome someday ...

Your title bought a smile on my face as I was reminded of my yester years. Oh those school days when in assembly we were asked to sing songs and one of them was " We shall overcome ...we shall overcome ...one day ... Mann mein hai vishwaas poora hai Vishwas . hum hoge kamyaab ek din..."  . Years of innocence as I call them .

And innocence is what I see in Viplav & Dhani's eyes , words and belief. That one day it will all be ok with the family and we will all live happily ever after . Maybe yes in fairy tales and TV series.  Life itself is a bumpy ride . Turning a hateful heart to love is a miraculous event specially if one does not even have a clue why hate in the first place.

Viplav intends to find out and he walks into his mothers room to demand an explanation. Why mom do you hate her so much ? You spent so much time trying to seperate us and steeped as low as to involve your name with Trip . Issuing an ultimatum that it is not possible for me live in a house and family that hates my wife. A family is meant to love , respect and trust each other and all this is missing . Viplav walks out dragging hsi wife and leaving a fuming Kanak behind.

So Vip did think that getting Dhani accepted by all would be a piece of cake ? His mother loves him and he loves Dhani is equal to mother loving Dhani . That too after a gunshot wedding . Hah Men ..when do they ever get this MIL - DIL equation right ?

What follows next is so typical of who we know Viplav and Dhani to be.

Viplav in a huff locks himself and Dhani away with his dadaji banging at the door.  Viplav once did tell Dhani that when young the only way he could get his family to agree with him was throwing a tantrum. Chilla-Chilli karni hi padti the. Shouting at his grandfather across a closed door , if my wife cannot get respect then I will not live here .  Impulsive Viplav ranting without understanding the consequences of his statements. 

Dhani on the other hand locked in the room with Viplav runs to and fro between Viplav & Dadaji trying to pacify her husband on one side and troubled about dadaji standing outside. Trying to diffuse the situation by trivializing the issue - Nothing happened , it was just an accident.  Listen please listen to me Viplav. Dhani gets to open the door and requests DT for sometime till she can calm him down .

I thought the contrast in their personalities was very well demonstrated. Dhani believes in showing the other cheek when slapped and Viplav believes in hitting back . For Dhani the world and hearts can be won with Love and goodness and for Viplav it is demanding and asserting. What both need to understand and learn that there is a time , place and situation to use any arsenal . If there is place for goodness there is a place for a fight too . Viplav is right in standing up for his wife and so is Dhani in her place to give it time and patience. Its just the way they are - complementing each other.

The scene in the car for some reason was very endearing . Viplavs wants to show her the world and Dhani in her newly awakened desires is excited for any adventure with him. Just meaningless banter - passports, airports, money ... and the holding of hands. I will hold your hand in the entire journey ... and my heart melts.

There were bits of DT and KT and their politicking .  Handing the household keys to choti bahu ?  Kanak apologizing to her son and seeing red th every minute Dhani comes in . Shallu seriously needs some attention before she does something silly. And Raja fuming watching the happy couple while his plans have all gone awry .

Lovely episode . So the Acceptance Phase is on . The question is how long will the honeymoon continue and what is next for these two . Lets all wait and see.

Love