A palanquin from the ashram..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Friday 25th March 2016 ep 198 My Take ~  A palanquin  from the ashram

Faith is belief in the unseen. Its like god he/she is not seen by  our naked eye, but  we believe  in his or hers  presence. Because the goodness ,the little voice within  us, tells us  that an omnipotent  presence  engulfs us. The episode is about believing in something that hasn't happened, yet breeds sheer perseverance that strengthens and gives hope of unseen yet  better days!

Going away from her mother's house to her husband's house..a parting that every mother wishes her daughter  to  be blessed by, happens in the ashram.Dulari unlike  Kanak is the mother  who is blessed by this privilege. Blessed is Dulari as a mother for her daughter , once a widow, now leaves with a man who loves her daughter sincerely ,honourably and dearly.  Viplav according to faith rituals  takes  the daughter of the ashram , but leaves a vow with his wife's  family that he would be her lord protector. Parting with loved ones cause tears. An admixture of joy   and sadness. Sita maa the grand old lady of the ashram celebrates the fact that blessed is Dhani  and blessed is  this day, when the ashram boasts of a widow leaving in a palanquin rather than in a coffin! her words are  a chilling reminder of the quality of life the doomed, abandoned widows are likely  to suffer the rest of their lives. They enter the ashram alive and leave it when dead and cold! But Dhani goes alive tied in a matrimonial bond. Farewells ,hugs and a send off!  

Fanfare and band makes a booming statement of just married! Dhani feels as his wife now ,  as her mother bade her before she left, to give due respect to her husband's family at all times.   Sensitive to their needs Dhani requests Viplav to take her to their home without the  band as  recently   Shalu's marriage  issue came through, and their loud celebrations  may   cause more harm then happiness. 

Raja s sown seeds of malicious propaganda against Dhani takes very little time to sprout  in Dashrant's  bruised ego. Raja  actually has caught hold of both Kanak and Dashrant's deep rooted hatred against Dhani.  Before Viplav  brings his  bride to the threshold of the house   Kanak gives her verdict she will never except that witch Dhani as her daughter in law! due to her son Viplav! Dashrant pretty much assures her  becoming a daughter in law matters not in the least! as the status will only be in name not in  true meaning. Both appear grateful to the outsider Raja who pointed out that this Dhani who never stood by her own Awasthi  husband! how is she meant to show  since allegiance to others? A doubt towards  Dhani's integrity is  implanted by Raja in these two  characters of the household .Dashrant  finds respect for  Raja and gross disrespect for Viplav!   Kanak is so steeped in her hatred towards  Dhani  that she fails to pick up the implications  Dashrant s statement might have for her son in the near future.

The son arrives with his wife.   Kanak and Dashrant's  reaction is vivid, no two ways about it they are united on this one ! Viplav will be punished for marrying this widow and thus her entry into the house will be made virtually impossible. It was like killing two birds with one stone. Holding hands to reinforce he is with her in every step she takes ,he walks with her!viplav leads Dhani to the threshold of his house . Wth confident smiles at each other both hide each other's nervousness  and pause at the door like two unwanted guests. Viplav waits then  suggests he'll go in and arrange for the rituals of the bride stepping into the house.  Kanak comes as the angel of hell and her face and manner says it all ! Viplav still has faith in his mother after all he is her son and surely she will not deter him from stepping into his own house. Dhani tugs at the end of his shirt for support ,Viplav gives it by grabbing her hand in his,  Kanak  sees this as an act of defiance  rather than a act of celebration that her son has married  and entered  a new phase of his life. For Kanak this is a slap of providence! that she receives across her face. She not so long ago, was the haughty attractive queen , affluently and  bedecked with jewellery of this household. While this chit of a girl!  who now stands before her on the other side of her threshold,Dhani! was a pathetic, puny, pauper widow!now the witch  stands  in coloured apparel, flattered and enhanced by jewellery as her sons wife! While herself Kanak, stands inside the house as a widow, dressed in a white stripped off her glory and grandeur .Yes she is bitter at the hands of destiny! that now gives this beggar Dhani now  the  splendour that was once hers!. More sentinels of the house appear on the inside of the threshold dadi, dada ji.. their faces unwelcoming. Viplav's words of near regret are brushed aside and so were his words of compassion and appeal to them, all the worlds grandparents and parents forgo their children's  follies for the sake of their children's happiness!   would they not accept Dhani for the sake of their son's happiness? he points out  legally she is his wife! and as such, he argues  that they choose the option  of accepting  her as  their daughter in law.  Kanak uses corrosive language to punish  her son. he qualifies for her wrath,. he has married the girl who ruined the chances  of her daughter's marriage  !he has set this woman free! so he could marry her! Kanak deduces, Viplav  is a selfish brother  goes ahead and marries! regardless his  sisters  marriage disaster  due to which they have been publically disgraced. Viplav still reckons his dadaji will stand up for him but he too shuns him and turns away! so does dadi! Viplav yells no one can deny the truth!the court  has  acquitted  Dhani!  but  they would rather believe the Awasthi's than him!!  he begs his mother Dhani is his happiness, lay aside her son's follies and accept Dhani!  Viplav argues in defence of his wife as a faithful husband!

Kanak let's her son  grovel before her for his wife's sake but then her warped love for her son  gives in and she  goes, and returns with a huge platter of burning red hot coals which she scatters across  the threshold for Dhani to cross and bear and  relate to the same bitterness and never ending burning that  Kanak now feels  due the misfortunes that have befallen her! to me Dhani as a young woman  who herself experienced many calamities at a tender age ,thus relates to  Kanak, who bans her from crossing the  threshold and entering her home! but Dhani  is a practicing devote  of god and goddess and thus believes in the virtue of mercy ,forgiveness and granting  sinners a second chance like the deities  do. She asks kanak  to grant her a second chance! to prove the truth.. clear misunderstanding and misgivings! but Kanak defies her from stepping into the house! lest she burns her like the burning  coals! 

A concerned mother has premonitions her daughter is being  persecuted and  excluded  from her rights. But sita maa calms the insecure Dulari, that Dhani is now married and whatever  happens  Viplav is by her always  ..

Viplav gives in and wants to leave if they are unwelcome. But being a woman especially who has suffered rejection , renunciation, Dhani  shows resilience and faith in herself and impresses upon Viplav,that leaving under such circumstances  will cause  wider gaps between them and their family!so she would rather not leave her  home and stay together and win back the trust of their family . Viplav  gets empowered! and says with a wife like her he's ready to tackle the whole world!and he wants Dhani to call   Kanak  her mother !

Kanak goes back to Dashrant to rally support from him in telling Viplav and Dhani too leave!!as he is the elder! but then another elder dadi serves  Kanak  with a dark warning by stopping Viplav from entering  the house ,if he goes he might not return and they will lose their  child! 

Meanwhile Viplav with his bare hands  moves the hot coals..  and moves them aside and makes a path  for his Dhani to enter and runs to get a pot of rice but before Dhani enters! dadi Viplav's princess comes, brings tears to Viplav's eyes he had faith, that all else would desert  him, but not his dadi!  who does their arti and Dhani kicks the pot of rice and  as Lakshmi  goddess , dhani enters, her feet dipped in vermillion, she takes  footsteps in the house and alongside  her  auspicious red foot prints, follow  her husband's footprints too.. he is beside her till eternity...

The episode has some lovely vidha moments as husband and wife. dhani has rather swiftly, put into practice her mother's advice  with regards to treating her new family. Hardships at a tender age has  given her a thick hide. With her husband beside her,she can face a brewing storm called Kanak. Both viplav and dhani , put out the burning coals of hateful wrath, with love! dadi has once again she too like dhani, believes in keeping the family together! rather than set them asundar. Mishal and Eisha left a mark with their performances ..overall a good  episode. viplav did what he promised her ..she will cross the threshold andclaim her home too ..hamlet53 26.3.16

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silverrmoon thumbnail
Dear dear Hammie πŸ˜ƒ the episode was good overall...one thing i liked was how sita mai reminded the laides in the ashram to value what they have presently...how bitter is windows life and how lucky one widow is to start her new life all over again. 

Dhani keeping in mind of shalu's situation requested viplav to stop the band from playing any further...she indeed cares for viplav's family than the later caring for her.I for one din't like that how dhani could forget that kanak tried to burn everyone alive in the ahram how she was involved in shambu's murder and asked kanak the mahan woman to give her a second chance ?πŸ˜• She knows kanak can be deadly and dangerous in spite of knowing if she is asking its like adding mirchi and salt to her wounded ego.

DT should start using his dormant brain else the leech raja will bring them to the roads and then there is nothing he can do about it. I hope viplav either kicks him out of banares or legally punish him so that he can never plan to destroy another family or another woman's life.

Dadi let go of her pride and she knew she couldn't afford to lose a gem like viplav over her differences with dhani. I loved reading your post dear...waiting for your next one πŸ˜ƒ Very well written. Til then take care. Love SwathiπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by pearl100 - 8 years ago
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hammie dear⭐️superb title n another profound post yet again..😳

yes the title of ur post is d nutshell of episode n of course of Ishq too,, the message is conveyed effectively n in a poetic manner by cv's.. they does deserve applauds..πŸ˜ƒ

so yes the core msg the centuries old custom changed but not yet accepted not in family let alone society,, lot of work...hardwork n patience required n the first step taken by Dhani y'day supported fully by her husband,, 😳

very positive episode n me happy being watching another milestone achieved..πŸ˜ƒ
thnk u dear for writing for us once again ..😳
take care..

Edited by NusiSg - 8 years ago
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hammie hiii,
A simple sweet title, perfect one.
finally d palanqui n reached AN.
I fear that d kitchen politics will start from here.
a serial can't run with vidha sweetness only.
it will need evil plans to seperate this couple , who has always proved their bond is unbreakable.
I loved dhani's concern for shalu.she is so sensible.n loved d way viplab dhani were exchanging looks,n finally they entered AN , with faith in their mind.u have described beautifully about d faith as ur introduction , yes its faith that gives us d courage to live.to make our footstep over unseen.
Overall it was an OK episode.u were brilliant in ur part as always. πŸ‘Edited by simplejoy - 8 years ago
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Excellent take !! Hammie..!! πŸ‘
A great pleasure and you know how the magic spells through your words.!! Just enjoyed reading it..!! 😳
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pearl100

HI swathi... waise i hope hammie got your name rightπŸ˜›  looks like I DID!πŸ‘
Dear dear Hammie πŸ˜ƒ the episode was good overall...one thing i liked was how sita mai reminded the laides in the ashram to value what they have presently...how bitter is windows life and how lucky one widow is to start her new life all over again. 

yes... appalling though regards their way of live..damned forever
Dhani keeping in mind of shalu's situation requested viplav to stop the band from playing any further...she indeed cares for viplav's family than the later caring for her.I for one din't like that how dhani could forget that kanak tried to burn everyone alive in the ahram how she was involved in shambu's murder and asked kanak the mahan woman to give her a second chance ?πŸ˜• She knows kanak can be deadly and dangerous in spite of knowing if she is asking its like adding mirchi and salt to her wounded ego.
yes she the mother in law from hell.. will burn my bahu  type.
DT should start using his dormant brain else the leech raja will bring them to the roads and then there is nothing he can do about it. I hope viplav either kicks him out of banares or legally punish him so that he can never plan to destroy another family or another woman's life.
 raja has a quality that   dashrant  masters duplicity... jame ge indono ki...  viplav and dhani battles..   lies...  hope they win
Dadi let go of her pride and she knew she couldn't afford to lose a gem like viplav over her differences with dhani. I loved reading your post dear...waiting for your next one πŸ˜ƒ Very well written. Til then take care. Love SwathiπŸ˜ƒ
DADI... loses to her ward.. the boy she planted good values in.. mishal's face went straight to my heart.. the tears.. at the triumph of his hope!      swathi.. me too look forward to hearing your take.. much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NusiSg

hi nus😊  
Hammie dear⭐️superb title n another profound post yet again..😳
sita maa..the old luv's words..went straight to my heart.. dhani was the chosen one!
yes the title of ur post is d nutshell of episode n of course of Ishq too,, the message is conveyed effectively n in a poetic manner by cv's.. they does deserve applauds..πŸ˜ƒ
yes me too loved it
so yes the core msg the centuries old custom changed but not yet accepted not in family let alone society,, lot of work...hardwork n patience required n the first step taken by Dhani y'day supported fully by her husband,, 😳
says alot.. a faithful husband in thick and thin ..
very positive episode n me happy being watching another milestone achieved..πŸ˜ƒ
thnk u dear for writing for us once again ..😳
take care..
thank you Nus for your on going support and interesting comments.. much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplejoy

Hammie hiii, heloo doc sahiba
A simple sweet title, perfect one.  thanks taz
finally d palanqui n reached AN.   doli is  much used  item in uk in Asian weddings and ghori too,mare..
I fear that d kitchen politics will start from here. me to...palzz.. no..
a serial can't run with vidha sweetness only.   but their sweet bond can fight evil .. by kindness,patience and respecting their elders
it will need evil plans to seperate this couple , who has always proved their bond is unbreakable.
I loved dhani's concern for shalu.she is so sensible.n loved d way viplab dhani were exchanging looks,n finally they entered AN , with faith in their mind.u have described beautifully about d faith as ur introduction , yes its faith that gives us d courage to live.to make our footstep over unseen.
its faith in each that they have empowers viplav and dhani..
Overall it was an OK episode.u were brilliant in ur part as always. πŸ‘
thanks taz, for your constant  encouragement to continue the takes..  I should be so luckyπŸ˜†..  give my love to your little devils who must be crying for  you white coat..thank you , much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cocoatree

Excellent take !! Hammie..!! πŸ‘
A great pleasure and you know how the magic spells through your words.!! Just enjoyed reading it..!! 😳
hi  cocoa,  so lovely to see you read the take.. me trying to downsize my takes.  read yours  moments great appealing as usual.. thanks for  your interesting posts ,much love hammie

Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hammie, what a great title,  A Doli leaving a Widow's Ashram with all the White Gang happy to see a Widow adorned with colour going back into a community that once shunned her.  Even God, she must have a big smile on her face.

Sita Mai said it well, a  bride leaving the Ashramin in a Doli is so much better than a Coffin.

Raja the Snake Oil Salesman has started to poison the Tripathi's with his venomous lies about Dhaani and the otherwise wily D T and K T seem to be duped by his lies very easily.    Smell the coffee D T and K T you are being bamboozled by one that is an amateur at , what you two are master at and still you are taken in this easily.  
Soon you will have to eat crow and know that all your hatred was  unwarranted.

Kanak at seeing her son with the woman she abhors at the doorstep of course goes into her over the top dramebaazi with insults flying out of her mouth at rapid speed.😑
This woman needs serious Therapy from a very patient Psychiatrist that will not want to throttle her after only one session.!!!

Daadi after some  thought gives in and goes to welcome the G S that she loves and does not want to loose.   And so Dhaani and Viplav enter the House of Horrors with a 
smile at being accepted by at least some members of the family.

My advice to you dear Dhaani never go out into this house without looking behind you, and left and right of you if you want to survive to tell the story.

The newlyweds have some "Choochi Coo Moments" and try to put behind them the greetings they received from dear Saasu Maa of Hot Coals.

Hammie , I hope this is not going to turn into an evil Saas and a mute dumb Bahu show or I might just have to invest into buying  a Wig because I will be pulling out all my hair,I swear.😑 

Thank you,   Hammie , and I leave you with the famous serial line... Don't worry,  everything will be fine, I just have to keep repeating that till I believe it myself.

Take care,  may all your days bring you joy.