a truth to one is to another a lie!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Thursday 24th March 2016 ep 197 My Take ~ a truth to one is to another a lie!

Bad news spreads like wild fire.. wagging tongues  now plagues the Tirpathi's  like the Holika's  fire that rises up before their very eyes. Dashrant receives an invitation  for  initiating worship at a local temple from two pundits, that which he accepts, but denounces from their mouths the news that  the whole of Banaras is rife with the sensational piece of breaking news that his eminence's grandson has married a widow! It's like salt for the mighty Dashrant's wounds .Without a doubt Viplav has shamed him the most ,as he is the high priest of this holy city.Worse still  the press has chugged out the news like a hot potato. He weeps for being  excluded by Viplav regards his marriage. Not for once does it occur to the Tirpathi's if Viplav left them in the dark, it was because of their blatant  opposition of Dhani that  forced him marry in secret! Dashrant weeps about  the loss of his clout and respectability all is lost! The prodigal son turns up!  hands held behind his back ,head held down in respect. But  the woman who bore him  gives him the dirtiest of looks! He is the cause of their  disgrace and he has the cheek and nerve to show his face. Yet to Viplav,  his being there signifies that they are his family that he loves.  To indicate he owns up to his marriage. That it's an honourable act that he has undertaken .One of a kind ,exemplary noble act which may well be a message of hope for other  young widows who live life of the living dead! That they too can start life anew by remarrying. As the occasion requires he wishes his family well for Holi.. But is  rightly so, according to his family , turned down by his dadi ji for turning up late!As they  had already set alight the Holika bonfire.! Besides he is admonished for not valuing time.. and if  his senseless timing  continues  he too in time  will be overtaken by time. Viplav  replies  ,to him the time is right! as the bonfire  still smoulders  and the fire can still be raked! For Dashrant the reference  to time is clearly to  warn Viplav  that  in future he will realize the decision he made of marrying a widow at this point in time.. Will prove regrettable ahead.. However for Viplav it meant the time had arrived that he should marry Dhani before more misunderstandings created gaps between them!              

How is that queen widow Dhani ? a question  that his dear mother puts before him.Calmly viplav  accepts that , Holika continues to reside in his mother! but he does need to set her right.. He clarifies,  she is fine , however she no longer remains a widow! This is enough to   indicate a barrier  between him and the remainder of his callous family! Thus before his  very eyes, they stage a  walk away from Viplav. He sees the burning of  hate ,  class segregation, and distinction between human beings still  burned in the bonfire before him ,but he sees too, the fire  made no impact of burning  away vice from his family's heart and mind..ah well! Viplav  accepts, as he crouches before the bonfire..time is a great healer, besides tomorrow is  day of great rejoicing!

The women whose lives are a bland palette  imposed by society, today  with Viplav' and Dhani's love! turn's the ashram into a flower garden. Colours, primary, red , green  and blue and secondary colours  of fuchsia, orange   purple! sing of the  hues and tones of the universe! Created by the magical ,miraculous hand of the great one in the firmaments!  All wear white that will by  mirth ,  merriment and peals of laughter ring around the walls of the ashram !will  soon turn all the white!  with a kaleidoscope  of colours!  Today all inhibitions of  severity and piety are  set aside .Only fists full of powdery colour is smeared hurled ,thrown and  scattered on each other. Today was all about giving and receiving the colour of happiness that love brings in life!

Dashrant is hounded by taunts of his pota's marriage to a widow, his holi is dull, at  the temple Phool Chand ,yet again plans to publically disgrace Dashrant! He adds red chilli powder to a platter and passes it off for vermillion ,  for Dashrant  to put   tilak on the  sacred statue of lord Krishna. Raja happens to be at the right place at the right time! He watches  Phool Chand pour chilli powder . this then would be the opportunity  he sought of crawling   his way  back into AN. Dashrant is yelled at and stopped by Phool Chand  who  creates a stir by tasting the chilli powder  and thus he stirs the crowd that maha pandit is so mentally disturbed due  a crisis in his  domestic life that he  failed to realize he is putting a tilak of chilli powder  on lord Krishna ..dashrant  suffers degradation. Then the opportunist Raja once again steps in like he did with the shivling  incident. Deviously he steps in to redeem the  esteem of Dashrant tirpathi.. by taking the platter on him and tipping  all the chilli powder on himself  to prove it was  vermillion that Dashrant was using! and not chilli powder as his eyes would be burning by now! He tells Phool Chand off and keeps sucking up to Dashrant by repeatedly calling him ,his dada ji.. thus Raja attempts to rob Viplav of his birthright ,and to get an entry into AN!  Raja uses the tool of chilli ..to burn Viplav when he finds out this vermin Raja  has infested his home again, that too with full support  from  Viplav's dada ji! who will now treat him Raja! as an antiseptic emollient to sooth the burn of losing Viplav!

Viplav becomes a lively, vibrant Ranjhana! in the ashram as he hugs a completely  multicoloured  Dhani close to his chest , his bright and gaudy Dhani  swathed and completely immersed in the colour of his love!  As the powdery colours whizz around and settle on who  so ever! Love ,sincerity ,and  trust in each other prevails! At the ashram..it's victory of virtue

Raja in AN is given ablution it's like all the past grievances against him are washed away. He muses the chilli incident aided him to dupe this senile old geyser and now he's back to put to use his lies ,deceits  and underhand games and what's more he here to stay!he uses  winning trust  words like he'll suffer more tortures  to save his dada ji's honour..he presses all the right buttons! apologises  for his family..then plays on their weakness of  anti Dhani  emotions; insists she killed his brother ,although Viplav got her an acquittal he still believes that one person's  right can be  wrong to another person... he plants doubt in their already warped minds! Raja connives, Viplav is blinded by Dhani's love ,but one day the  truth will come out that Dhani did  murder  his brother! Viplav consider all her lies as truths ,a girl who wasn't sincere to her husband how can  she be sincere to another! Dashrant  begs him to reconsider his decision..regards Shalu, and he leaves them hoping by replying he would want shalini to be settled in a secure family..meaning him and his family. So to turn Viplav's family, against him was the present  Raja gives to the tirpathi's for holi         ..dashrant confides in Kanak this Raja is one who protects and safeguards his esteem  and family name..he gives his approval for the right off  cheat Raja Awasthi!  Will Kanak allow this fraudster to usurp her son Viplav's birthright??

Viplav  dances as he waits for his bride  to come down.. slowly she comes down his eyes behold her beauty and his heart sings with joy! Yes the colour of his love is white, pure, innocent  and sincere he kept his promise ,he nows  waits to take her away as his wife from her home as  the tradition goes...  varmalas are given and received by them.. arti is done, blessings are received and then its going away time.. embraces, a few tears, from mother ,friend and  elders.. Dulari s little girl goes with the best man in the whole wide world..

Yes it is a happy episode.. dhani leaves the ashram with the man she loves. Great success story. But put off by raja's  come back into AN.. Why do good and bad exist side by side? when never the twain shall meet.Why cannot righteousnes live on its  own??? is it because evil teaches us to  fight resliently  to bring back goodness into place?   Alas! all I want now  from Viplav and Dhani is to become ONE and fight like hell!  and rid their world of wood rot that eats and gnaws away at their home silently!viplav is good at clearing off and eradicating  infestations! go viplav go! smoke evil out of your home! turn it into a temple of love!dhani is beside you!    loved the song Ranjhanaa,.. my favorite lovestory set in Benaras..  wah ji wah ! hamlet 53. 25.3.16

JUST FOR TODAY MY FAV Dhanush in dp... love this vibrant actor!

Aimf..you told me to sleep.. nah man! had to see the episode and wanted some colour!  lovely jubbley! 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgm1u2gPxzw#t=33[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sati65 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
very nice post...well written
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammie ,
Yes me calling u thrice.its my way of appreciating ur writing, whenever I find it brilliant beyond my expectations.
N u know I wasn't d only person calling u thrice.
I really regret for d fact that I never tried to learn d international language.atleast today I could have expressed how much I liked ur take.
Which part I loved most? Can't decide.

He sees the burning of hate , class segregation, and distinction between human beings still burned in the bonfire before him ,but he sees too, the fire made no impact of burning away vice from his family's heart and mind..ah well! Viplav accepts, as he crouches before the bonfire..time is a great healer, besides tomorrow is day of great rejoicing!

Or this one ?

The women whose lives are a bland palette imposed by society, today with Viplav' and Dhani's love! turn's the ashram into a flower garden. Colours, primary, red , green and blue and secondary colours of fuchsia, orange   purple! sing of the hues and tones of the universe! Created by the magical ,miraculous hand of the great one in the firmaments! All wear white that will by mirth , merriment and peals of laughter ring around the walls of the ashram !will soon turn all the white! with a kaleidoscope of colours! Today all inhibitions of severity and piety are set aside .Only fists full of powdery colour is smeared hurled ,thrown and scattered on each other. Today was all about giving and receiving the colour of happiness that love brings in life!

I loved it sooo much.feel proud to b a part of d forum where u write.
Ignoring d monstars ,d masterminds , d evil duo n trio plus d stupid mouse fulchand.d episode was such a happy n vibrant looking they couldn't make any impact on me.I was looking at d colors , dulari happy face , dadi n Raj Lakshmi enjoying , viplab dhani romance everything looked so beautiful.
n u made them look more beautiful. โญ๏ธ
N thanks for d song too , well matched with ur take.I love d movie n d song too.though tum tak had a more powerful impact on me so forgot this one thanks for reminding.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hello Hammie. 
I am happy that I could read your lovely post again.. after a long time. And Ranjhana is a beautiful movie..although love was one sided ..I mean Danush's love. And the song is the best..gr8 work of A.R.Rehman.

About the episode. I know I missed many episodes. But I depended on you ..coz..I knew whenever I have time..I'll come here and understand the situation. And this is what happens. 

Raja is a clever man. Viplav's family doesn't need another reason to stop ViDha's marriage. They were against it from the beginning. 

I am dying to the that scene which you descriped beautifully. Viplav as Ranjhana.. It is a dream to watch it. I'll try my best. I hope web network helps.
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Hammie
Hope u doing great dear..
Very beautiful take once again n yea it was a happy episode..good winning over bad..
Ur last lines said it all my dear..๐Ÿ˜ณ
I loved loved loved their holi song choice.. this movie n the song always gve me the Banaras feel n I think even cv's knows dat..๐Ÿ˜ณ
RAs vinaash wud be done by AN's Ram n I'm eagerly waiting to see ViDha triumphant soon..
Thnk u dear for writing for us once again..
Take care๐Ÿ˜ณ
captkirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A title with so much hidden meaning. I for one can totally understand it's innuendos. Will elaborate later...too many thoughts rushing into my mind.
Silverrmoon thumbnail

Dear Hammie ๐Ÿ˜Š yesterdays episode was very soothing...after all the tensions in the ashram, the ladies got to forget the world and be in a heaven even if it was for a short time...they were in total bliss. It was such a beautiful scene they enjoyed it to the most ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ... i found it silly that when DT was about to rang to the murti PC came announcing it was mirchi powder at that time DT could have asked how does he know of it ? 

And it was some other pujari who brought it ๐Ÿ˜† but no logic went out of the window...and woah this snake raja is desperate to break dada pota bond ... DT kanak have donated their brains to some radhi wala i guess can't even sniff one of their kind. The way he convinced them wah DT and kanak fail to see anything beyond the hatred for dhani. The celebration was one of the best ones shown on Tv , of course i loved holi celebration in IPKKND๐Ÿ˜ƒ  You my dear write very very well. If you do have time plz make atleast a ss or os on Vidha๐Ÿ˜ƒ  Till then take care๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by pearl100 - 8 years ago
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely take again, Hammie, and very poetic also. Enjoyed it immensely.

Your post inspired me to offer some musings on a few characters. Last time I talked about the character-sketch of Shalu, and this time it is about Dasharath Tripathi:

The indomitable Mahant Dasharath Tripathi loves himself and his status more than anything and anyone else. His narcissism is so full blown that any affection he is capable of having towards others, especially younger males, is  deeply flawed, conditioned as it is by the intense desire for extending  his own glory to cover the whole of Benaras. This yearning is what essentially constitutes Dasharath Tripathi --it is a greed that is incapable of being fulfilled, primarily because greed is like a fire, which never says "enough." No matter what you put in the fire, it consumes it, and is ready for more. The yearning is also unfulfillable in Dashrath's case due to the karmic irony of the situation --the more one wants something and the more one uses dubious means to get it, the more elusive it is.

Dashrath wished to have his desires fulfilled through a "perfect" offspring, but what he got instead was dear Shambhu, who according to Dashrath was physically flawed and mentally unavailable for manipulation as he took after his mother. Tripurari was another flawed offspring, as he was coined on the wrong side of the marital law, making him illegitimate. Yet, Dashrath's hunger for fame and domination was so intense that he used Trip to get his needs met, which In fact that appeared to be the only purpose in Trip's life. All that DT had to do was to dangle the possibility of legalizing his and his mother's status, and Trip was ready to dance in harmony of Dashrath's tune. No matter what, Trip would bribe, kidnap, maim, burn, kill anyone to fulfill his own burning hunger to be called the legal scion of the great mahant.

Trip was a bad seed, and nourished by the flames of Dashrath's hatred and constant exploitation, he snapped and left the scene, only to return with a greater vengeance and stronger purpose to destroy that which gave birth to him.

Then came Viplav. Could he be the perfect "son" that Dasharth longed for --a son that would set his own fame blaze like a thousand suns, the hopeful emblem of which Dashrath wears in the form of a locket on his neck and that which covers him in the form of the golden embroidery on the shawl on his back. Viplav is too righteous and too carefree to be used in Dada's dirty tricks and even though Dada dotes on his grandson, the doting is doubtlessly dotted with the desire for control and manipulation. Like Trip, Vip also rebelled by marrying Dhani and by defending her against his own sister's would be in-laws' (oulaws') murder allegation. Unlike Trip, Vip's defiance is not motivated by revenge or hatred against DT.

The latest in the line of the desire for the son/sun is Raja Awasthi --the doyen of bad deeds and ugly intentions. DT finally sees in him a kindred spirit --someone who cares for his fame and status almost as much as he himself does, and this causes DT to fall in love with Raja. DT's yearning for status and fame makes him succumb to Raja's manipulation. Will the same greed that made Dashrath reject the well-bred and righteous beau for his daughter in the past be instrumental in selecting the wrong partner for Shalu and make her life miserable? It is possible. Will the same greed be his own Achilles heel for DT, and cause his downfall at the end? Quite likely. Will Dashrath wake up in time to see how his desire is driving him insane and causing misery to others around him? Perhaps with Vip and Dhani's help this is possible.

Also on the main forum:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4595473

Cheers and thank you Hammie for indulging this long post.
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for a lovely take Hammie.

Believe it or not Easter is not a Federal holiday in the States. SO while all have been celebrating Holi and observing Good Friday , me like a good girl am going about my business for the day . I definitely envy you guys who have a good long weekend to relax and watch IShq.

For me the Holi episode as I call it was all about Love ( Ishq) and Color ( Rang ). Two families , one emerging from the prejudices of society and one burying themselves further . View of that common link between the families , Viplav , one looking at him bringing joy in their lives and the other thinking of him bringing disgrace. Just like Viplav bought Love and Color in the lives of the Ashram ladies , Will Dhani do the same for the people in AN ? I very much hope so ... this is the start of their next journey and looking forward to it .

The Tripathi's stand spent , sad , lonely in front of the dying fire when Viplav walks in . Was he sorry that he was late ? Not really . They chose to isolate themselves from his happiness of winning his case and he was hurt. He greets everyone with a HAppy Holi when Kanak taunts him about his "Vidhwa Rani " to which he sadly but clearly replies that she is ok. The family walks away leaving him alone by the fire.

I found this scene to be nice and felt sorry for the Tripathi's . Viplav has been their pride and joy . BUt now that the Baccha grew up and made his decision the family finds themselves to be on the fence. DAdaji feels weak and let down . KAnak has her anger to fuel her but genuinely she too feels let down by her son. If only this family could address their real objection to Dhani . Give Viplav the backing he deserves in his choice of a partner . Unfortunately they are too wrapped in their ego , hatred and prejudice that they are unable to rise out of darkness.

It is said that Evil feeds on a weak mind. Seeing DT in need of support Raja makes a move to step in. His fake concern and fake tears which once impressed Viplav are being targeted at DT. False pride is an evil too and RAja smartly plants doubts against Dhani to the entire family. Shallu standing listening to his rejection again - I wonder what went into her mind. From her point of view Raja rejected her again . Does she still want to get married to his guy who has no genuine concern for her ... I so wish she stands up and rejects the guy when the time comes. Shallu don't disappoint me please.

I left the BEST for the last - The HOli celebration. I have seen the two scenes a number of times for the reason that it is done so well. It was like the actors were given a perimeter of the basic scene and were asked to just PLAY . It just spoke about LOve and affection between the actors and characters.
RL being the perfect saali ,
Dhani chasing Viplav as he was deviod of color,
Viplav the first to put color on Dulaari,
Dhani kissing her mom,
Viplav and Dhani playing and hugging each other ,
Viplav hugging Dhani & Dulaari ,
the group hug , and the explosion of color across the screen... I do not know that songs that were played nor the Ranjhana movie ..but it seems very appropriate . It was a lovely scene without inhibitions.

Upcoming is Dhani's bidai... eager to see what the next track is . I too join @aimf in asking you to sleep in time and look after yourself. Though selfishly will ask you to keep writing...else what will I read when I wake up at 5:00 am every morning...

Have a great weekend everyone. Now I believe we will meet on sundays as well ?
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@aimf BEAUTIFUL   ๐Ÿ‘

And therein lies DT's vulnerability ...Him searching for an heir who is an extension of him . A Patriarch who genuinely believes in a Class system in society where people ( men & women ) have their own specific functions and utility.

His sons have disappointed him and his one "baccha" that he had faith in has let him down . Its not that he does not love him but he loves himself more.

Viplav marrying Dhani is a blow to him . HE is weak and vulnerable now , he is getting old. Will he change or will he break is what is to be seen.