Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki

Rishi's Mom is Jealous and Insecure

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Rishi's Mom is Jealous and Insecure

Rishi and Tanu are young, carefree kids playing together while their moms are involved in adult activities.  Their dads are good friends and their moms hang out together.  The difference is Tanu's mom is happy with her family life while Rishi's mom is smitten with jealousy and is highly insecure.

Rishi's mother's (I do not recollect her name) relationship with Tanu and her family is problematic.  Fortune tellers and life experiences have shown that Tanu invariably ends up saving Rishi's life whenever he is in danger.  This makes people in the community say that although she (Rishi's mom) may have given birth to Rishi - it is Tanu who is his life-giver and destiny. In fact,  his parents had been warned that if Rishi does not marry Tanu by the age of 23 he may even die.  These situations have led Rishi's mom to be jealous and hateful towards Tanu and her family.  

This attitude of Rishi's mom is different from the stereotypical mother and daughter-in-law problems which is based on the negative perception that  many mothers adopt a biased assessment of her daughter-in-law and vice versa.

Here the core of the problem lies in Rishi's mom's insecurity to win back her status as Rishi's life-giver.  This has lead to intense feeling of competition in her to make Rishi dislike and reject Tanu and all women.   She made sure that young Rishi grows up having little or no respect for women; that he sees them as objects of pleasure and sex; and that he becomes a playboy.

Further, she made her husband choose between living in India alone or relocating to the U.S. with her and the kids. Rishi's mom never understood that as a mother her job is to foster and educate her sons, to give them wisdom and prepare them to be responsible and good community members and leaders of their future family.  Instead, she has deliberately decided to be a "beeach" (bitxx) and instill negative values in her kids - just to ensure that she triumphs over Tanu!

It remains to be seen if this serial uses Rishi's mom as an example of 'repentance' and disperses educative values of the importance of understanding relationships between mother and daughter-in-laws.

Edited by anonee - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Superb Meena....Ur logic add beautiful meaning to d epis......but its EK show, she ll ve plain villains who ve no rules nor logic to follow....
anonee thumbnail
Originally posted by: nirmalac99

Superb Meena....Ur logic add beautiful meaning to d epis......but its EK show, she ll ve plain villains who ve no rules nor logic to follow....

Hi Nirmala 😆 good to hear from you and see your wonderful emoticons.

This is my first EK show - but what you say is what I have heard - "no rules nor logic".  Being the eternal optimist - I am going to hope for the best, enjoy the show, and see how things unfold while giving it a bit of logic where I can 😉
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is a very nice analysis. We shall wait and watch how things develop.
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Was truly waiting for you to gain a better understanding of  the episodes. Simply brilliant. 😃
Chitra_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Nirmala...warm welcome dear.😃

@amif...would love to read your views too...
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@chitra
Hello, and nice to hear from you. I have only watched one episode thus far, and will participate more after catching up. I was a bit uncertain about this show, because of what appeared to be a supernatural track, but so far it appears to be well-made as is the case with new shows. Let us see how it all unfolds. Have a great day!
KratikaSengarKS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Meena as usual 👏👏👏
Nour7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think rano feels this competition or insecurity towards loosing her son to Tanu.
Rano doesn't believe in  these prophecies , she just believes in what she can sees. For her only money , fame matter. She doesn't believe either that her son has a marana dosh in his kundli and the only one who can protect him is tanu or that they are meant to each other (they're related somehow).She'll always be the obstacle in their relationship. For her no friendship matters , she wanted to begin a new life in America and to forget all the past.
anonee thumbnail
Originally posted by: aimf

This is a very nice analysis. We shall wait and watch how things develop.

Thank you @aimf 😊

Yes, the story has begun well.  They have made it clear that it is a different form of saas-bahu relation.  Let's enjoy it.