The mysterious veiled woman..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Thursday 3rd March 2016 ep 179 My Take ~  The mysterious veiled woman

The garments we use to cover our bodies is to abide by codes of decency in society. With our garments we protect ourselves against the changes of weather. Through our clothes we cover our selves to adhere to the norms that affect our lives, be they work clothes, leisure or pleasure apparels. Alongside our lives may be influenced by our own traditional cultural or  faith beliefs,  where our garments  play a significant role too. Apart from clothes jewellery too down the ages, features strongly in our lives.  In today's episode we see how clothes and ornaments are used in a  given scenario.

Shalu's sasuama, swirls an embellished red chunari over her would be daughter in law's head, in the presence of all woman. This act with an article of clothing symbolizes a visual  vow taken by the  mother in law   that as  of today , Shalu is like  the daughter of their household. The fact that the mantle is placed upon the head, which it the crown of a person shows ownership  to safeguard  Shalu's honour. Arti is performed and blessings showered upon Shalu.  Kanak in a white sari  that epitomises her widow hood smiles like a proud mother. Amongst the crowd from a distance  Viplav as Shalu's proud brother smiles too. However by him,stands Dhani in a red sari  disguised  as a dancer for all , but a wife for Viplav , but generally   recognized as a widow. This  entity  stands  veiled , she hides her true colours as much as  she hides her true status publically.. For Dhani her garment  conceals more than her body ,  it screens her real relationship with Viplav. That which her husband is desperate to declare and claim over.

The ceremony , of godh bharia , requires more worth and  attention to be given to the daughter  of the household. Since  Shalu  hails from an affluent family, what better way to raise the daughter and her family's  respectability  than  by showering her with gifts of gold jewellery. Here a precious metal is offered as a blessing. The ends of her limbs are decorated with jewellery. The grooms mami ji does the honours of putting gold kangans on Shalu's wrists. The voice  of grounded values dadi, speaks out a prayer for her only granddaughter, may the gods will it  that Shalu's wrists   are never denied of jewellery  and her wrists are forever  graced and flattered by bangles. Bangles a piece of jewellery loved by every young girl,  as they symbolise her dreams  of accentuating her beauty for the man she loves. Dhani is moved into prayer, my god,  dawn such a day in her life too, when her mother in law  accepts her as her daughter in law . Viplav for obvious reasons feels his wife's wrist with his back hand surreptitiously, and realizes to his surprise. Her wrists were bare. Upon asking her he finds out about her farsightedness .she abandoned the idea of keeping them on as his mother might recognize them and she would be caught. Her veiled reply earns her his admiration,  for   leaving nothing to chance! Viplav ponders on her words, but after second thought, swiftly Viplav repeats what dadi  had pointed out that a girls wrist should  be decorated with  jewellery, besides she happens to  Shalu's sister in law! so symbolically  her wrists shouldn't be bare! Viplav unwinds a sacred  red thread of his wrist and winds it around Dhani's delicate  wrist ,so that the emptiness  of his beloveds wrist  is graced by his sacred  love symbolized with his  red  sacred blessed thread. Whatever curses Kanak sends towards Dhani ,the deities make Viplav reverse them.

The veiled girl in the red sari ,since she is covered up , becomes an object of great interest, as that which is kept under wraps  provokes more the inquisitive nature of.. Raja's modern day urge  to capture the memorable moment of godh baria  in a selfie  brings him straight into the  ceremony and he  snaps a shot in which on examination , he notices Viplav  chatting to someone  veiled ,in a red sari. He decides to snap the pair, for further questioning from Viplav , but the identity of veiled woman does excite him! a particular person in particular garment  becomes for Raja a point of fascination. Mission accomplished Raja leaves. But the demand for Shalu's  bhabi to come and give her blessings comes up.  Kanak , puts a stop by stating the known truth. Viplav's unmarried. But Viplav  is ready once again to give back every privilege to Dhani as his wife and as shalu's  bhabi. He never does a shoddy job. The  gods themselves divine wisdom to go around  and find  the right bearings for both him and more importantly  for his wife. He empowers her , to follow him. Full of beans he jumps up on the dais that Shalu sits and announces , if her brother is here!  Her bhabi  is sure to be here to!   Kanak is gobsmacked as he declares, true say he's still a bachelor, but since it's his sister Shalu's ceremony , so all the men present in the ceremony here except for Raja! are  like brothers to Shalu! So their wives  would be bhabi's to Shalu! So come forward all Shalu's bhabi's  step forward , his mother will give them gifts to bless  Shalu with! Dhani  veiled in a  red sari  comes too. and  Kanak watches inadvertently, while dadi  passes   gold anklets to Dhani , who with much love and blessings tenderly  puts  around Shalu's ankles. Viplav stands over on the dais and watches with pride as Dhani due to  Viplav's bright ideas  manages to  shower her love as Shalu's bhabi  on her husband's sister.  Kanak watches with her nose in the air, but suspiciously nevertheless. 

Dashrant bids Shalu and Raja to seek blessings of bhole Nath.. The veiled  lady in the red sari fails to notice Shalu's would be groom as he passes behind her. Whilst all disperse, Viplav exerts  his right over the veiled lady , who  conceals her face from him but not her heart that overflows with love for him.  She wishes to leave ,but he delays her by insisting she eat, she must be starving. But she declines and demands for a parting kiss from her.. Viplav this time kisses her forehead covered by her pallu..but that would do as long he gets to show his affection ,his gratitude to his beloved wife Dhani for making his day by being  by his sided as his wife ,even though  under cover..

Will the veiled woman escape from the wrath of the second mistress of this house? her Viplav's mother,her mother in law , for whose love Dhani prays to be blessed by..hey you! stop! and Dhani stops, behind her stands her husband on one side and his mother on the other side. Dhani knows Viplav will not move , he will keep their relationship  veiled like the pallu on her head.  But his mother will! and  Kanak does move , she comes towards  Dhani who  froze at the front door.   Kanak commands her to turn around and  face her.. Dhani does and  Kanak  wants to see who this veiled woman is? Who are you she demands? Dhani turns and faces  Kanak. Kanak  puts her hands on Dhani's pallu and is about to deface Dhani.. when suddenly turns and grabs hold of glass! Cuts his palm ,yells on top of his voice! Glares at a horrified Dhani to run!.. Viplav holds the fort for his beloved  to escape.. while he diverts attention and hollers his lungs out. Dhani  speeds off briskly and   Kanak watches her slip through the gates. But she has a rough idea who the woman might be!  Kanak, forces him to look at pictures of other girls.. she screams at him ,he's still under that witch Dhani's spell! Viplav shuts her up by saying he'll consider about marriage once Shalu is wedded .Later she shares  the news with Dashrant that Viplav has rejected ria.. He warns her, give him time as time sorts everything and she'dbetter not meddle and ruin everyting.Kanak never forgets her foes whatever the occasion may be.When  Suvarna and  durga come to offer felicitations. She manipulates them by showing them their place as menials and says if a whole load of  pots are not scoured and cleaned, dashrant  household will get a a bad name, as her maid  has taken sudden leave. Tripurrari arrives is told his wife and mother are doing the washing up! He is livid. Tells them  now he will return to Benaras only  when he's made it big!

Raja shows Viplav the picture.. Viplav admits she's his girlfriend he wanted her to attend the function hence she was veiled!raja replies its like in the films! Viplav replies their love story is not less than a film..    

Dhani questions  her mother about the charred remnants .dulari replies its better to burn one's past destroy it..  then as her mother, she  refers to Dhani's future, tells Dhani she is very blessed and her wedding shopping should start now..

So ends  Shalu's godh bharia.. the mystery of the veiled lady continues.. and we know now tripurari is leaving Banaras.. will he return ?hamlet53 4.3. 16

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ahhh its Friday , no hospital duty , follow ups and rounds, no convulsing and hypoglycemic baby.I feel lazy.
Happy to b d first one to see n read it.
when I watched this episode could I imagine that someone can describe it this way?I have seen d hide n seek of vidha , smart viplab, irritating kanak , determined tripu, a new dulari.but d way u focused on d veil , from d beginning of ur take to d end its very beautiful hammie.loved it.
loved ur way of storytelling in this take.d mystery is yet to get unveiled.
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

"Amongst the crowd from a distance  Viplav as Shalu's proud brother smiles too. However by him,stands Dhani in a red sari  disguised  as a dancer for all , but a wife for Viplav , but generally   recognized as a widow. This  entity  stands  veiled , she hides her true colours as much as  she hides her true status publically.. For Dhani her garment  conceals more than her body ,  it screens her real relationship with Viplav. That which her husband is desperate to declare and claim over"

"Viplav unwinds a sacred  red thread of his wrist and winds it around Dhani's delicate  wrist ,so that the emptiness  of his beloveds wrist  is graced by his sacred  love symbolized with his  red  sacred blessed thread. Whatever curses Kanak sends towards Dhani ,the deities make Viplav reverse them. "

Hammie ...BEAUTIFUL !!!!      Will come back with more tomorrow.
Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8
Beautiful descriptions and an imposing take once again, Hammie! Like someone said a couple of days ago, your introduction paragraph is so good, no less than a bestselling novel's intro👏 After reading your detailed take, the episode seems to sound not that bad. Viplav's way of handling things have always been debatable due to his lack of maturity most of the times. However I'm impressed with his behaviour this time. Not revealing his marital status for the sake of his sister's wedding, at the same time not letting off the rights of Dhani as his wife and Bhabhi to Shalu was admirable. His tactical approach by calling all others as bhaiya to Shalu, and their women as her Bhabhi's thus making sure his wedded wife doesn't miss out the chance was really a touching gesture... Love this quality of Viplav❤️ Like you said, The use of garment by Dhani in today's episode was more to hide her real identity rather herself. Especially from people like Kanak. So Viplav saved Dhani in the nick of time before Kanak gets acquainted with Dhani's presence there by hurting himself... A perfect husband material this guy is❤️... Dhani is a blessed girl.. So RA still trying to know about Dhani and he took a pic of them together? Wonder why? He seems to have a big poky nose, indeed😆. Kanak trying to hook up Viplav with any random girl is such an idiotic thing to do. He knows his desires better, why to force him like a kindergarten kid? Her behaviour with Durga and Suvarna was yet another example of her heartlessness... Hate her!

And like Ratna mentioned, me too have the same doubts? Why didn't Dhani notice her ex MIL and BIL while they were present during the ceremony? When RA could suspect just by tasting Dhani's food, why couldn't she recognise them from their voices? Pretty unbelievable or illogical, I dare say! The story is going mediocre on many occasions only with ViDha and their scenes as the patch of bright liveliness. Though TP exited from Banares pledging to come back with more power, hoping for his come back one day coz he can only be the important trump card in the downfall of DT's image. Wishing to see Daksh come back, he is terrific actor!

Thanks once again for your everyday effort in posting your wonderful takes. 😊
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie, the take is wondrously written. Thanks for the meticulous effort and your minute observations.
Here is a small doha (couplet) and a few thoughts  from my side:

Veiled is the lady who has nothing to hide
Villains nefarious, they openly glide

Veiling for Dhani is potentially an empowering position --she can see without being seen; she has access to everything, but no one has access to her identity. However, I am confused as to why Dhani remained clueless when confronted with at least three people from her past milling about her. How could she not have recognized either the ex ma-in-law or Aunty Klepto, or even Shady Raja?? She could obviously see Viplav, as she approached and talked with him. She could see where she was going, and she was in the same room as the ladies from her past. Therefore, it appears that there was some carelessness in handling this on part of the CVs.

Other than this blooper, I liked the veiled lady symbolism. The presence of the veiled lady symbolizes many things:

--The hidden marriage awaiting to be revealed, but right now under wraps so that Shalu's already compromised chances of getting a good groom do not suffer by the so-called scandal of the son of the house getting married to a widow.

--The presence of many things that await revelation at Ayodhya Nivas: 1. shambhu's murderer, 2. DT's plotting behind the benevolent patriarch mask, 3. Kanak's shenanigans, 4 Tripurari's escapades, 5. Mamiji's kleptomania, 6. Raja's shadiness, and 7. Dhani's past.

--The thinly veiled disdain and revulsion that Kanak has for Durga and her family

--Finally, the veil symbolizes denial that is rife in the codependent and dysfunctional family unit. As long as secrets are concealed, there is comraderie and a semblance of bonhomie, and the status-quo is maintained in a given family unit. People are desperate to feel accepted and approved, and therefore go out of their way to be in denial. Here are some examples:

Kanak and DT are in denial about Vip's feelings for Dhani

Durga is in denial of her menial and illegitimate status in the Tripathi household

Vip is in denial about the extent of his mother's hatred of Dhani.

Have I forgotten anything else? Does anything else strike you?

BTW Why is Raja so interested in Vip's love-life? It is almost dysfunctionally voyeuristic!

That is all for tonight Hammie. Om shantih

Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
manuelaema thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post . Thanks . Dhani mother knows about her marriage with Viplav? I missed some part .
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@manuelaema

Welcome to Hammie's thread. Yes, the takes are great.

Dhani's mother does not know about her wedding yet; she was just wishing to be prepared for the wedding, in case Viplav showed up and demanded that the wedding should take place soon, as is his nature.
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Wonderful take Hammie..!! 👏
Loved your extra ordinary elucidation for a interesting episode..Don't know what captured me to pull yesterday's episode..I loved ViDha scenes much..Contentment and exultant impressions on VIP face watching his beloved wife doing rituals for his sister. aww!! He is a dream guy, passionate lover and perfect hubby  !! .Great to watch VIP extricated her on a edgy secs from KT...
How one can look so ruthless and merciless !! KT !! It's unbearable to watch KT entreated attitude against SUV and DG...😒
welcome back TP..!! His short term scenes worthy to watch...His brawny and enraged looks made that scene powerful..His assertion and covenant challenge to DT family looks fearless..!! RJ and VIP interaction nothing to offer much. seems VIP gonna to land in trouble later...😒
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hammie.. 😳
Superb initial lines n great take as always.. 😳
Yes the epi was gripping n vry well executed. Kt's suspicion n Viplov's extreme heroic ways to save his wife honor was highlight for me.. my mom's reaction on his heroic way was worth watching 😆
Raja is behavng typical shrewd villian now ready to jump on Viplov. . N vipu not suspecting his bizzare behaviour at all as always... 😡 cv's 🤢 I'm gonna bang their heads.. if they won't stop showing viplov dumb idk wat I'm gonna do.. 😆 .. I kno it's getting frustrating 4 me.. thek hai he's hopelessly in love nowadays n it's not that I'm complaining. . 😛 but still I don't want this RA manipulating or overpowering him at all... I want Gold medalist VB..bas..!! 🥱
bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Hammie for the great take🤗..i loved how viplav hurt himself to divert KT's attention so that Dhani could escape..but about one think i was wondering...after the godbharai dhani was standing so close to shalu's MIL to be and the thief mamiji but why did not she recognise their voices? god knows, i mean the CVs know😆..and KT's behaviour towards durga and swarna irked me yesterday..they two are innocent souls..will tp come back after sometime? he is an important character..may be some other actor will play tp if not daksh..
everyone in the forum is irritated with raja's interest in vip's personal life😕 but i think raja wants to become more of a friend than viplav's jijaji , so he ques him about his girl friend..but bhukamp ana abhi baki hai when raja will spot dhani with viplav on the mahashivratri night (acc to TOI articles)..i hope cvs will show something very interesting for rise in trp..rise in ratings is much needed..
hey Hammie i was inactive the whole day becoz of my studies🤢..but could not stop myself from logging in and read ur extraordinary take..I salute ur effort Madam😃..and 1 more thing that dhanteras at diwali wala episode of LTL was telecasted on 5th nov 2010😉..see u soon with ur replies..