tarry my love! I cross the threshold to come to you!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Wednesday 2nd March 2016 ep 178 My Take ~tarry my love! I cross over the threshold to you!

During various phases of our lives we have to cross many limits, deal with many edgy decisions,  embrace many new beginnings, and face many onsets. These thresholds may occur in our academic , professional, emotional  relationships. Crossing a set up earmarked border, may culminate in  achievement  of  qualifications and a  job .  Emotionally it may end in marriage and starting one's own family. Crossing the threshold  to me, whilst watching today's  episode meant  leaving behind the old self and moving over to the other side  to embrace the change that waits for the person on the other side! In other words it's to traverse over to the other side to enter into new relationship , namely like Shalu and Raja or to go over a post to reinforce  an already established relationship like Viplav and Dhani.

Dhani had a rough day. A busted date, found out and abused by  Kanak. Faced further show down from   Kanak at  the  ashram.  An emotional pep talk by her mother that calmed Dhani too, but  didn't rid her of the  bare truth she hides from her mother. Now the final wait for her love's nightly visitation to her room. Viplav adventurously repeats his nocturnal sneaking into the ashram and finally after  ducking from Sita maa , finally braves it to his wife's room through  the window! Dhani  is wary of his childish antics and scolds him what if he  injures himself? But gallantly he tells her, in her face,  for her sake  he's happy to  get  hurt too.  Viplav senses she is down in the dumps but Dhani being Dhani, prefers to suffer within rather then spill the beans about his harridan mother. Viplav  is not an idiot  he knows she not herself, but respects her privacy and  gets to the real reason of this visit.. To invite her to Shalu's  godh bharia.. Quite simply he wants her to attend. Viplav in true style, frequently coerces her to act like his wife , beyond the boundaries of the ashram, be  it the double date  only recently ,where the poor girl got caught! now he wants her  to be present by his side  at the pre nuptial ceremony at his house. Dhani thinks it an unthinkable notion and declines the invite .Viplav is not going to take her no as her answer and he resorts to his old pressure tactics which he put into action during his ashram days! Whenever he was asked to leave the ashram he would black mail the widows  by demanding for his lawyers fee! and they would  give up arms and give into his demands of allowing him to stay at the Ashram! This time before her very eyes he sits on the floor yoga style and threatens he'll perform yoga and chant Om all night till in the morning when, he's found in her room so there! If she doesn't agree to coming! His childish obdurate black mailing pranks! finally breaks through to Dhani and she gives in!  he is chaffed and he confides, he'll be over the moon tomorrow it'll be his sisters pre wedding function, a  wedding ambiance covers  his  house, she his wife, if she's beside him on the occasion ,it will double his joy.. that's all he wants to say , the rest is up to her.. reluctantly she says, she'll try to be there  and then asks him to leave as its late. Viplav true to himself once again kicks up a fuss refuses to leave! But does so unwillingly as he plants a smooch on her forehead and exits her room! Courtesy of Viplav's demands, Dhani wonders how will she go tomorrow?

Let the godh baria begin! Guests begin to pour in there's a festive atmosphere, both men and women dressed flamboyantly in heavy gold jewellery  to boast  less of their looks and more of their wealth, and status. Raja asks for the whereabouts of his maternal aunt.. who turns up  with a keen eye on any items of stray gold that she can get her hands on!how her hands itch!  It is a habit with her to steal, not too much for wealth but for the thrill in the act of pilfering  property or belongings of others! Without them knowing of course! But not just any belonging she has a keen eye for items of gold! and a guests jhumki does fall on the floor and she sweeps as it up swiftly as an eagle  snatches up a piece of food!  The full of spunk aunt is introduced to Shalu's family, dadi's gold kangan make her mouth water!  Ceremony begins with tilak  of the would be groom by  brides brother! Kanak being a widow is stopped by Dashrant for actually participating in her daughters ceremony.. the high priest has to uphold practices , starting from his own home.. a widow is stigmatized by ill omen and her shadow  should not be cast upon Shalu who is starting her new life..viplav  puts the tilak on Raja but every so often he looks to the door, impatient for Dhani's arrival!.. But Dhani still struggles with how she will get to the function! She has to get there  if not then ,Viplav will feel awful!  she doesn't know how?  Once  the ceremony finishes presents are given to the groom , by Viplav. The aunt's eager greedy eyes can't get over the bundle of gifts and she decides to take them up to the room to make space for more gifts.. but it's really to  get her hands on the jewellery   in the jewellery boxes!

The girl is called for the ceremony and men are requested to leave by Dashrant . Raja is sent to his room. But Viplav hovers near the door, his impatience gets the better of him as he pines for Dhani's arrival. Dejected he begins to lose hope but continues to skirt about the entrance! Hopelessly..  suddenly  a  troupe of  traditional  singers dressed in identical  red saris  with faces covered with red pallus begin to cross  the threshold one by one .. Viplav looks at their backs as they walk in a queue  to the low stage.. then suddenly the last member of their troupe puts her right foot forward and crosses the threshold of AN.. thus enters the bahu  of the household .. a married Dhani  takes the bold step and crosses over to be part of her love ,her Viplav's wife..she has entered his house as his wedded wife  dressed in red with a her face hidden under her pallu.. yes hidden ,till it's time for her to tell the whole world  she is Viplav's wife!  Gingerly she walks ahead into the house, but the treacherous winds blows her pallu off her face !some  guests look  upon her face and compliments her beauty and wonder if she's the girl for whom the ceremony is happening? dhani clears their misunderstanding and says its Shalu's..then Dhani fixes her pallu once again..and finds her man who is crestfallen still  turning his neck on the look out.. Dhani asks from behind her pulled down pallu, is he waiting for someone else? Viplav's eyes pop out! he knows that voice! He turns to look at his belle in red and Dhani lifts her pallu and lets him peek and he almost yells dha!!and she pulls it down right away as he looks around and then grins unable to contain his ecstasy! Dhani whispers, he called her, how could she not come,for him she can do anything.. Viplav takes it to mean get close!, he grabs her by the hand , but she scolds him ,what is he doing? He feels completely silly and goes all starry eyed, he so happy to see her that he could.. and excited he moves over to the troupe and bids them to begin! and the singers start their traditional songs.. Viplav gives her a look and  she  responds by joining the women and sits  behind them.. Viplav gives her a  joyful hooded glance, smart girl his wife is sitting right where he wants ..  Viplav casually slides  down close to her with sweet nothings and nothing else in his wicked little brain of his! It's his heart that goes boomty! boomty! boom! close to her.. his brave intrepid Dhani, takes up any challenge he gives her, that's why he fell for her!   she is a born  winner!a go getter! and she's got him from  head to toe!  Impishly he pokes her in the waist just to tell her baby.. behind you sits your lord and all!he gives her  love you loads looks , pity he can't see her smile or her  thrill of having his highesss VT inches away from..look, have to laud your courage wife.. she has come to our house..all by her self ! and he turns behind him and holds a platter of samosas and offers her one but she mumbles, he must be  out of  his mind! what if some one sees her eating? he moans, oh come on !dont be such a party pooper , besides he's sitting with his wife! Doesn't care what anyone thinks! what's wrong with sitting with his wife and sharing food with her he whinges like a child.. and Dhani turns her head  away from him..why can't he understand , she is his wife in name but in action, and public deeds she is for the moment just a  simple singer  dressed in a red sari like the rest of her troupe..

In Raja room the frantic hands of a person who is obsessed to feed an urge to steal is busy opening jewellery boxes! sounds  of ecstasy  come out of her voice as  she holds pieces of heavy gold ornaments in her hand. Raja intrudes and snatches the ornaments from her hands and reminds her  how in Kanpur too she was know as a kleptomanic! The embarrassment  they had to suffer at her  obsessive urge  to steal. She will have to put a stop to her urge over here! Raja snarls at her angrily and she defends herself no that time it was due to Suman.. and he snarls don't take Suman's name before him! he never wants to be reminded of that! 

A grim reminder of the past.. dulari  has an old trunk open, she pulls out  a bunch of tied bangles a yellow sari and a photo that has Dhani in the middle flanked by sasuma  and dulari.. she is alarmed . inderani comes into the room and  suggests that Dhani's past should not have a bearing on her present ..she owes it to her daughter Dhani.. inderani bids her to destroy the evidence.. dulari sets the sari the picture and a piece of paper alight.. in the hope that Dhani' past  doesn't loom up in the present  and cast a bleak shadow on  Dhani's future..

Kanak sets up a meeting between vidya and Viplav according to Dashrant's instructions. Viplav meanwhile is busy making passes at Dhani.. but   Kanak  comes looking for him and he saunters off from Dhani.. Dhani stands slightly shielded a swagger of a sheer curtain..   Kanak comes closer to Dhani , but Viplav flies in  and  swoops her away..  Kanak introduces him to this vidiya girl. Viplav steals a glance at Dhani and decides to make her jealous to test her love , by laughing  and  smiling with this vidiya girl. Dhani under her pallu goes green with jealousy although her  cheeks get flushed with his familiarity  with the girl. He gets her a drink and then checks Dhani ,gives a smug grin and chuckles inside  at making Dhani jealous. Dhani can't take it and she moves away from there..

Aunt goes over to Dashrant and asks she has picked up a rumour that Viplav is having an affair with some widow. He denies it, says his child is very honourable some one has been bending her ears.. then   Kanak joins in and gives her usual foul rant against widows being characterless  always on the lookout for  ensnaring  rich young boys with their dirty vile manners. She says her son is pure like the lotus flower that blooms in muck..   if they cant get hold of the rich boy they start spreading stories about them! Dhani overhears  kanaks banter which isno surprise to her and she slips away.. away from Kanak..

Viplav spots her and carries on the tease , how did she like vidia ?  he liked her, seems nice..dhani sobs and he realizes , his joke has gone far enough, hey he was only jesting..dhani replies snivelling she knows he is joking,  she trusts him completely..but it's her destiny she doesn't trust , hope he won't desert her.. Viplav holds her face gently and slowly lifts her pallu enough to  reaval her forehead and looks into her eyes and says, no..never, he is linked with her eternally  for his next seven lives.. then plants a kiss on her forehead affectionately and cover his wife's face again..

An interesting episode.. the aunt is introduced. has an urge to steal others belongings.. does the rest of the family have an eye on other's belongings? dhani as viplav's wife crosses the threshold.. just like raja did.. such  intrigue.. aunt named someone called Suman? who was she?? raja was clearly disturbed by her name... kudos to viplav! he does exactly what he fancies! and his sweet dhani can never say no to his  impulsive demands.. except a kiss..   hamlet53 3.3. 16

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie!!
Great great takeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Such fine writing you treat us to daily! Thank you. Very nice introduction and conclusion.

Me thinks that Suman may be a girl that Raja was connected to or betrothed to in the past, and perhaps she found out about the thieving Aunt and the villainous beau and handed them over to the police or something like that. Perhaps this Suman might be introduced soon, or meet Dhani somewhere, leading to the pardafaash (unveiling) of Raja and his band baaja. Now, this is something I am looking forward to.

Dhani and Viplav are indeed being daredevils, and I wonder if they will be caught soon. Raja has already snapped a photo of them together. Might he use it later to emotionally blackmail Vip for some reason or another?

Trip has stopped being the gopher for all events auspicious. I wonder what they will do to his character --will he and Sue be shown to move away from Benaras and set up house elsewhere never to return?

The plot is getting mysterious. Let us see what happens tonight.

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
u write so well Hammie...i mean how will i say?...u r truely wonderful...a brilliant writer...the title of ur post is great and so is ur take... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ i have nothing to say about yesterday's episode...yes i loved the two smooches and the episode was also nice...but i loved ur writing much more...jitni bhi tareef karu tumhari woh kam hai (sory if u dnt mind...i said 'tum').. πŸ˜ƒ .i think since the day i joined IF u have become my english teacher..i learn new words from u...when i was a non-member that time also i enjoyed reading ur takes...sorry i have written nothing about the epi...what shall i write? U have written everythng.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ⭐️ thanks for the wonderful take 😊
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful title n beautiful take for the episode hammie.
Love it.
Everyday u r consistent with ur beautiful piece of writing .
Apart from English , I have found two things that i must learn from you.patience n dedication.
Yesterday's episode was a good one.d color worn by dhani soothed my eyes.I have seen her in a bright color after a long time.viplab's naughty kid like attitude is entertaining , its better to enjoy it before d storm comes, that's what i told myself.but can't , when d tension of truth revelation is there.
dhani proves that for her love , she can cross d thresholds, viplab brought such a change in her attitude.
Hammie d beginning is as always d most enjoyable part of ur take , its amazing to see through your eyes , a simple episode become special , we can connect ourselves with d melodrama going on d lives of d characters, which happened with us also but was left unobserved.Edited by simplejoy - 8 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Hammie!!    hi aimf.. gosh one keen reader.. was delighted to see you here as soon as I posted..
Great great takeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Such fine writing you treat us to daily! Thank you. Very nice introduction and conclusion.
thanks..  for thinking so  aimf
Me thinks that Suman may be a girl that Raja was connected to or betrothed to in the past, and perhaps she found out about the thieving Aunt and the villainous beau and handed them over to the police or something like that. Perhaps this Suman might be introduced soon, or meet Dhani somewhere, leading to the pardafaash (unveiling) of Raja and his band baaja. Now, this is something I am looking forward to.
ohh this could be one aspect..  its interesting one name has given vent to speculation
Dhani and Viplav are indeed being daredevils, and I wonder if they will be caught soon. Raja has already snapped a photo of them together. Might he use it later to emotionally blackmail Vip for some reason or another?
another great point..   yes may be.. its just that other sources  chug out  so much info on new entrants.. that viewers like me already form preconceived ideas..i dislike promos.. so much takes out the fun  from watching the show.. one knows what to expect
Trip has stopped being the gopher for all events auspicious. I wonder what they will do to his character --will he and Sue be shown to move away from Benaras and set up house elsewhere never to return?
Trips hasn't been spoken about or seen.. really miss that character..  he had evil ,but vulnerable evil..  hope  this aunt and raja renew some interest  in the show  for me..
The plot is getting mysterious. Let us see what happens tonight.
please hope no more comedy capers of rom the leads..  can we have some serious stuff now..
thanks for reading and sharing some interesting views aimf..    much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Barbie_KK9629

hi barbie..😊
u write so well Hammie...i mean how will i say?...u r truely wonderful...a brilliant writer...the title of ur post is great and so is ur take... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ i have nothing to say about yesterday's episode...
thanks so much  barbie.. there are many other brilliant writers on the forum..   we are blessed
yes i loved the two smooches and the episode was also nice...but i loved ur writing much more...jitni bhi tareef karu tumhari woh kam hai (sory if u dnt mind...i said 'tum').. πŸ˜ƒ
look I DONT  even mind tu.. chaalte hai.. no problems.
.i think since the day i joined IF u have become my english teacher..
πŸ˜†  and teacher is well pleased with barbie..always attends my class.. in top form..
i learn new words from u...when i was a non-member that time also i enjoyed reading ur takes...sorry i have written nothing about the epi...what shall i write? U have written everythng.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ⭐️ thanks for the wonderful take 😊
thanks so much for doing your homework.. by reading my take and enjoying it ..especially the smooches.. many thanks and  with love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplejoy

Beautiful title n beautiful take for the episode hammie.  hi taz 😊
Love it.  thanks so much
Everyday u r consistent with ur beautiful piece of writing . I  try.. let's see for how long
Apart from English , I have found two things that i must learn from you.patience n dedication.madness.. Iam realizing  taz..
Yesterday's episode was a good one.d color worn by dhani soothed my eyes.I have seen her in a bright color after a long time.viplab's naughty kid like attitude is entertaining , its better to enjoy it before d storm comes, that's what i told myself.but can't , when d tension of truth revelation is there.
dhani proves that for her love , she can cross d thresholds, viplab brought such a change in her attitude. well pointed out taz.. romantic comedy before  the storm

Hammie d beginning is as always d most enjoyable part of ur take , its amazing to see through your eyes , a simple episode become special , we can connect ourselves with d melodrama going on d lives of d characters, which happened with us also but was left unobserved.
thanks for thnking so  taz.. btw I  quite liked  the introduction of the   funny aunt.. good actress she is..  even liked raja's growl yesterday.. dhani looked lovely in a red sari..   ... nice to hear    from you .. πŸ˜ƒ much love home..

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey hammie..u changed ur pic again...this is dutta kya or viplav?? samajh mein nahi araha hai..that diwali wala pic hai na?? naku chose that blue dress for her saab😳..am i right??
check this pic..yehi hai na??  batao batao else i will not be able to sleep tonightπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Mishal was looking so so so so handsome❀️😳

premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Hammie

Your starting para on Crossing the threshold is so apt . Life , very much like a TV show , leads us on to a new track and we take a leap of faith and walk the road in front of us. Now that Viplav and Dhani are married the next phase for them is to get their relationship accepted by their families. For Dhani it is "leaving behind the old self and moving over to the other side to embrace the change that waits for the person on the other side!" and her courage to do so .

Viplav sneaks into the ashram at night to find a tensed Dhani , She indeed had a bad day with Kanak at her heels but she is not going to tell that to Viplav. He in turn has other things on his mind. His sisters wedding function planned for tomorrow and his wife is required to be there . He creates a fuss and Dhani reluctantly agrees having no clue as to how she should accomplish such a task . Was touched by Viplav's request and his insistence on her presence. Its the respect he wishes his wife to get , he is proud of his choice and loves her immensely and its her right to perform the ceremony . He is asked to leave as it is very late and will be questioned if caught.

The ceremony begins with family and friends ( I think they have done away with Pankay & Raj . its been a while since they appeared ) . All proceed to the podium when DT whispers to KT to be away from the scene . Reminds her that she is a widow and should stand away . Viplav does his bit of putting the tilak on the groom and presents him with gifts and some more which are eagerly grabbed by the grooms aunt. All the while Viplav's eyes are at the door waiting for the one person who he longs for.

With the next phase of the ceremony to start a group of singers enter the house followed by a women in red with a ghughat . She stands next to Viplav who is lingering at the door asking him if he is looking for someone else coz she is right besides him. Viplavs happiness knows no bounds and he lights up in joy and happiness at her sight. She refrains him from taking her into his arms and sits by the singing ladies joining their song. Viplav unable to keep away from her finds a place behind her away from everyone's sight and watches her with love and pride. How she took this risk of being exposed all for him and now he is her fan . Both exchange a bit of loving banter one oblivious to the surrounding and the other in total awareness of it.

This for me was the favorite scene of the day . Its beauty lay in the fact in what they wanted to do for each other . He wanted her to be part of the family celebrations as it was her right and she wanted it because he had asked her to . The Ishq . And yes they both looked very good in blue Sherwani and red saree.

The irony of Kanak being stopped to join the crowd struck me versus Dhani in red who was now qualified to participate.

One wonders what happened in the past that both mother and daughter seem so frightful of it reappearing again. Dulaari yet again opens up a memory box dreading the havoc it may create in her daughters life. Badi amma advices her to let it be where it belongs , in the past and move on. Dulari finds the courage to burn the memorabilia as it was time.

An interesting episode . so many balls up in the air and one wonders where and how will they fall. How and when will the Viplav Dhani wedding be exposed ? How will Dhanis past be uncovered and what will it be ? Will Raja & Shallu wedding happen ? What is Raja's story and his mother and aunt , How will DT & KT react ? And with all this What will become of Viplav & Dhani. very interesting...

That's all for now Hammie.
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Barbie_KK9629

πŸ˜ƒ yes when i was changing it  I THOUGHT of you..πŸ˜†
hey hammie..u changed ur pic again...this is dutta kya or viplav?? Dutta shreRam Patil.. Dutta Bhau..
 samajh mein nahi araha hai..that diwali wala pic hai na?? naku chose that blue dress for her saab😳..am i right??  πŸ‘β­οΈ  yes you can never be wrong barbie..   it was during dhantera's puja at diwali...  I chose it due to the royal blue colour.. eems.. Mishal like  this colour..

check this pic..yehi hai na??  batao batao else i will not be able to sleep tonightπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Mishal was looking so so so so handsome❀️😳  as viplav.. in royal blue slim fit sherwani  he look  elegant... this picture you uploaded was 2011   i think..  5 yrs? ago..thanks barbie..