Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heavens_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I said it ones, and I shall say it again... Writing a story is like giving birth. The writer goes through so much of emotional and physical effort to bring stories that are on par (some are even better) with any stories we will pay money to read. They are being generous and letting us read their work freely while putting the same amount of effort and dedication.

Some repay this generosity by stealing their babies and IF is making it so easy for these thieves. That is so not done and as like any other law to protect one's own. What is the point is acting after a misdeed but be proactive to prevent it when you have the means to do it. IF should support these authors to protect their creativity. IF should appreciate this is not just a story to authors but something as precious as their child.

We have already lost so many good authors due to plagiarism. Let's not lose anymore.

India Forum, please act on this soon. This issue should be on the top of your "important and critical" list. Do act fast and support our dear authors. Show your support by making your site something most of us want to visit instead of using your moderators to just closing threads.

Sandy, thank you for this initiative, and it is about time the members also stand up for all authors.

Do right!!! Act now!!! Fight Plagiarism!!!

Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Totally agree with Sandhyas suggestion ...
something drastic has to be done to protect all the hard work
our dear writers go through in bringing us such beautiful stories ...
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sandy di thank you for this thread. It's saddening, discouraging to see creative work being stolen like that with no consequences for the plagiarizer. 
We need a stricter policy and immediate banning of members who indulge in plagiarism.  

1) There should also be a NOQuote code as many can quote a post and copy it from the editor window.     

2) No copy should be allowed for multiple posts on a page. 
Edited by cineraria - 8 years ago
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Heavens_Flower

I said it ones, and I shall say it again... Writing a story is like giving birth. The writer goes through so much of emotional and physical effort to bring stories that are on par (some are even better) with any stories we will pay money to read. They are being generous and letting us read their work freely while putting the same amount of effort and dedication.

Some repay this generosity by stealing their babies and IF is making it so easy for these thieves. That is so not done and as like any other law to protect one's own. What is the point is acting after a misdeed but be proactive to prevent it when you have the means to do it. IF should support these authors to protect their creativity. IF should appreciate this is not just a story to authors but something as precious as their child.

We have already lost so many good authors due to plagiarism. Let's not lose anymore.

India Forum, please act on this soon. This issue should be on the top of your "important and critical" list. Do act fast and support our dear authors. Show your support by making your site something most of us want to visit instead of using your moderators to just closing threads.

Sandy, thank you for this initiative, and it is about time the members also stand up for all authors.

Do right!!! Act now!!! Fight Plagiarism!!!

Word. 
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i stand beside all the original writers...
anisharoy1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it's sad.
because of this many stories were remove and many readers like me were not able to read them.
I agree with every point of yours
cherrybloom1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I am in support of this petition!

Writers go through so much physical and emotional exhaustion to bring their stories to life. I've been a witness to plagiarism time and again on this forum and it's high time this stops. The attitude of the plagiarisers has been turning from bad to worse and it is now readily believed that plagiarising is okay since so many other people are doing it.

NO IT IS NOT. Just like it is not okay to murder or rape a person only because so many other people are doing it, it is not okay to steal someone elses hard work and give it your name for the sake of attention.

India Forums should come up with ways to make sure that the work of a writer and the writer are safe. Complete threads could be put in [NO COPY] or the read only' sound great!
Edited by cherrybloom1 - 8 years ago
sudhareddy thumbnail
This is indeed a good suggestion Sandhya and thank you for this thread.
It is a huge loss for us when we see writers moving away and taking out their stories from IF because of Plagiarism.  We don't wan to lose our amazing writers.
We always support all original writers in this and respect their hard work for their stories
ARSHI_FAN11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Dear Sandhya,

Completely support you in this fight! Plagiarism is not only a crime against writers but loyal readers alike. As a reader when you connect yourself to a story you connect to the writer as well and its a double distress for readers when not only the stories they love are so ruthlessly copied but the emotional / mental stress that the writers go through.

All the ideas are absolutely doable and must be implemented, if not for anything else but to maintain the integrity of this forums that is loved and trusted by so many.

1) No copy for all the post
2) No quoting - I agree some readers would really like to quote parts of a story but I believe it's still possible to give reference rather than full quoting. As a reader to protect our writers I am sure we all will be willing to make this small sacrifice
3) As a forum, there is a severe need to run a check on content that is being posted (if not all but at least some) on a regular basis for plagiarism. I know this may be a huge effort but I am sure some technology can surely be explored and implemented by the IT teams of IF.

These kind of repeated incidents not only harm the writer and readers but are a huge threat to the reputation of the site as well.

Hence, a very humble request from all of us to please make the security of posted content more robust.

Thanks a lot Sandhya for this initiative!

thumbi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Plagiarism is very demotivating for the writers who spend hours thinking about lines for taking their story forward. Each word they write is precious! Anyone can place words together to make a sentence, but some exceptional writers in this forum do that with such excellence and they end up being the victims of this. 

I fully support the Fight Against Plagiarism, even at a cost of not being able to read my favorite authors here!

Edited by thumbi - 8 years ago