India-Forums

Doli Armaano Ki
Doli Armaano Ki

TOI:Wheres our money? Ask the actors of 'Doli Armaano Ki'

Sutapasima Coolbie
Sutapasima
Sutapasima

Posted: 01 March 2016 at 8:22pm | IP Logged

Kamya Punjabi and Mansi Salve, who worked with producer Pearl Grey in the show 'Doli Armaanon Ki', are upset about not being paid even after five months since the show has gone off air.

Kamya says, "As soon as the show wrapped up, they stopped paying us. Their office does not respond to our calls. Pearl too, has stopped taking our calls. I spoke to her in December and she asked for time till January, but we still haven't got our dues."

Mansi, who has approached CINTAA (Cine & TV Artistes Association), adds, "My work is my passion but also my bread and butter. We all work day and night, leaving our children at home. I want to support the production house I work for, but how long can I wait for them to clear my dues? Even the cheques that were given to me have bounced. I want my hard-earned money."

Other actors, including Kunal Karan Kapoor and Mohit Mallik have also taken up the matter with CINTAA. Producer Pearl Grey tells Bombay Times, "I owe money to people and will pay everyone as soon as I arrange funds, which can be possible only if I work. But because Dilip Pithwa from the Federation has barred me from all channels, it's becoming impossible. I will pay Kamya soon because she has not gone to Federation or CINTAA. I can pay others only after Pithwa withdraws the letter from channels. If I am not allowed to work, I should not be expected to pay".

Tanvi Trivedi | TNN | Mar 2, 2016, 12.00 AM IST

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.giggles.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top