Debate Mansion

Does marriage give man a right to demand sex forcefully? - Page 2

Poll

Does marriage give man a right to demand sex forcefully?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Yes I can vouch safe for that. We now need to learn a thing or two about legal system and law as part of medical course. Because doctors have a very big role in the mating out of justice and up keeping of law n order in both civilian court and criminal court. 
Our country legal system doesn't even acknowledge the word marital rape and there's no provision of let alone asking for punishment for the husband not even ground for divorce. 

Not only that. Your husband can file for divorce or even canceling of a marriage as legally valid, if the wife refuses sex. 

Sad but true. 
Wife either has to prove that husband dishes out domestic violence or is negligent or is infidel. Or else just suck it all up. In fact if husband complains in court that wife doesn't give him rights of physical intimacy court can either order the woman for restoring conjugal life and sex failing which husband can easily get divorce by default. 
Our legal system needs to change. 
Edited by AnnaPaquinFan - 8 years ago
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Of course not. Sexual intimacy should require two CONSENTING parties. Not sure about India but marital rape is illegal many parts of the world.
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I wonder why always men are at receiving end?
Does marriage give woman a right to demand sex forcefully? 

Marriage or no marriage,  no one has right to demand sex forcefully. Period.

maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WhiteRose, What you said is an important point.

But then in India, the laws are not gender-neutral and the laws are biased in favor of females.Consequently we have many false cases of dowry harassment, domestic violence on wife by husband and many false rape cases.

And what happens when a man says his wife demands sex forcefully on him. The society will ridicule him and if his wife tells he is not giving proper sex for her, that is what people believe. People blame the husband only. And starving sex is also crime.
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: AKT.JA

[Just curious, how many of the voters are men/women who have some experience with the subject, or is it just theoretical? 

I hope it is just theoretical for OP because vague anonymous questions are not the best way to seek advice on real-life situations.

That out of the way, here is what I think...]

The wording is a bit vague. If you mean rape, why not call it rape? And no, one does not have the right to rape his wife. 

On the other hand, there is plenty of room in relationships for both partners to pressurize each other on various issues, not just sex. 

What is "verbal threat"? It could mean "I will kill you", or "I will take sanyas" or "I will tell your mother/friends". We may feel differently about these "threats".

IOW, it is perhaps near the outer limits of ok to forcefully demand sex, but not ok to forcibly perform it. 😊 

Seriously, so much in life depends on details: 

At one extreme, the couple may be having plenty of sex, but the husband is so unreasonable that he cannot take an occasional "no". I'd think, what a jerk. At the other extreme, the wife could be thinking that marriage is all about kitchen, saris, and jewelry, and the couple have no sex life to speak of. Now the guy has my sympathy.

And, as mentioned above, the "threat" in question could refer to physical harm or simply "I'll tell our friends that we never do it."

Finally, marriage is not a jail. It is ok for either partner to leave if he/she is sufficiently unhappy and unsatisfied. Of course such decisions need to be taken with careful thought, and with awareness of consequences to reputation, finances, future relationships, and other family life (eg, relationship with children).

Anyway, a thought provoking subect!

Well said😊

Isn't love the solution to everything? With Love, comes respect and understanding😳
Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Well said😊

Isn't love the solution to everything? With Love, comes respect and understanding😳

Good one ALT.JA.
Autumn, if the live is there where is the question of forcing upon? But yes that's how it ought a be.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
See its how the need is perceived and fulfilled... the whole idea of marriage has been for a woman to make herself available to satisfy the mans needs.. Todays women are assertive.. want their need for sex to be acknowledged yet want to hold it back in a controlling manner.. in other words the modern woman is confused.. about her fit in a melding social milieu... so what a woman of yesterday would offer herself with simple compliance...has to seeked by todays man with lot of deliberation and drama...also po*n is so widespread.. the man is planning a some act every day and is becoming more of a moron! 
If man needs to be more considerate and not a sex maniac.. the woman should offer herself.. by becoming more available... 
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Alekha, i did not see your mail until now. No,i t's never ok for a man to force himself on a woman. He has no right to abuse you either emotionally or verbally. You have respect the word "consent". He needs to understand forcing someone is not respecting their right. A person has to consent willing . You cannot force yourself on someone.
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

See its how the need is perceived and fulfilled... the whole idea of marriage has been for a woman to make herself available to satisfy the mans needs.. Todays women are assertive.. want their need for sex to be acknowledged yet want to hold it back in a controlling manner.. in other words the modern woman is confused.. about her fit in a melding social milieu... so what a woman of yesterday would offer herself with simple compliance...has to seeked by todays man with lot of deliberation and drama...also po*n is so widespread.. the man is planning a some act every day and is becoming more of a moron! 

If man needs to be more considerate and not a sex maniac.. the woman should offer herself.. by becoming more available... 

😲🤔
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Forcefully, includes threatening, verbally or physically.
No

Is it ok for someone to leave marriage on the grounds that he is not satisfied with sex? He wants more or 'other things'🤢

Yes