"in my mind's eye"...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Thursday 31st December 2015 ep 124 My Take. In my mind's eye..

Often traditions that societies hang on to, on the pretext that they have been cascaded down  from previous  generations  to present  times,  can be questionable . There may be significance attached to them initially, but along the centuries  as they pass through societies the  meaning may become adulterated and changed significantly  to suit personal gains and needs..therein somewhere along the line, the whole meaning of a tradition  becomes contrary to what it was set out to do. For under the name  of tradition  many injustices are carried out by the strong against the weak.. The rams head incident at the ashram is a direct imposition   against the weak widows by the powerful kanak. Kanak continues to test the waters by insisting the rams head  be cooked by dulari  and fed to dhani. When dulari  resists, she is served an ultimateto cook the meat and feed it to dhani or else no marriage! Dhani is more or less warned that family traditions of her new family have to be followed.  But good for dhani  as she gives a practical example  of  her truth  during lie detector  session, that she doesn't   compromise upon her family  traditions.  Dasharant is summoned by dadi and  he comes as the good cop and puts out the fire in the situation  created  between the two familys.. Kanak  bears  the brunt  of his hypocritical wrath  before the widows. As for him he as per usual, asks for pardons  on Kanak's behalf and  assures them or rather hoodwinks  the nave widows that such incidents won't repeat..

Dulari is not amused quite rightly too ,but Dhani  decides best to bury the story as nothing   should be mentioned to Viplav  about the incident .. as she was sure his family will not tell him anything either lest he does something  untoward..

Kanak is one embittered mother  whose son has ashamed  her before the world more so  before these puny paupers  of the Ashram. Her arrogance  that fills her head and  washes away  all elements of sensitivity and mercy in her.  It's under the strong hold of traditions she attempted to stop dhani from marrying viplav  but it back fired!  Now in a fit of rage she sets alight the shagun from dhani's house and yet again vows , if dhani  enters her house she would set alight the ashram! along with her! Dashrant turns up and begins to see with his own eyes how his closest  player too begins to crack up! she can ruin his game by her mad turns!

Part of Kanak was too disturb Dhani by the severed Ram's head.. now when Dhani is served food  she start's seeing  things like the Ram's head! Inderani thinks of a  way out that will calm the traumatized Dhani...

Dhani was right Viplav would not be told about the Ashram incident.But what does happen is Viplav  gets a phone call from Indrani suggesting he take Dhani out! Kanak is relieved  to see that Viplav has been kept in the dark about the gruesome incident  she carried out. This actually is to Kanak's disadvantage as Viplav will take Dhani out..for news years eve..

"In his mind's eye"[Hamlet prince of Denmark].. Viplav the prince of Benaras , much blessed by the gods. At the end of the year suddenly his life has found  direction! he has heard his calling! He has found a soul mate that he looked out for, all these years.. he had been here, there ,around.. but his life had a  vacuum. In the most unlikely, improbable manner ,he fell for a most unlikely person, one whom the world  considers  a pariah.. But not Viplav , for  god filled him with such grace, that he took it upon himself that all the joy, smiles, wisdom , understanding , he has, he will cascade it  and share with her. In the process Viplav learnt that he too found out things about himself which he never knew. He finds that a fraction of her now  lives in him, and a fraction of him too lives in her! Yes he is in love! and the colour of his love is white..As a lover he  pampers, goes out of the way, and comes out with innovative ideas.. for Dhani's loves  gives wings  to his imagination!..So at the end of the year, he covers her eyes and brings her to a clandestine venue set up just for his beloved Dhani.. It all feels right, since it's not really a secret meeting but more of one that is allowed and  approved! ..dhani's  excitement rises ,that was Viplav's idea, to do something that is exclusive, for to him she is special... suddenly they stop!  and he removes his palm from her eyes, and her amazed eyes behold on the ground a  tea light  outline  of?. it's their dream house  which he wished to share with her.. for a sweet and common  feature of two people spoken for and to be wedded.. is their spontaneous desire to dream about what their home would be like?.. lovingly he  takes her through a tour of their desired house.. whispering sweet nothings  shows her the lounge , the kitchen where he'd help her ,and she is more concerned about his law practice.. he shows her the bedroom that was deliberately kept small so as to promote  a cosy warm feelings ,just the two of them.. next to their bedroom is another large room which is large enough to house  eleven kids! just like a  footballers dressing room! for Viplav dreams of  asking Dhani to bequeath him with a football team!.. she smiles and  relishes  the idea..  dream house.. what a novel idea.. she laughs he is mad.. and he  admits yes.. they both admit they cannot survive each other..

More imaginative  magical ideas, from Viplav.. a hoisted  up settee..  which frightens Dhani due to her fear of heights!  the guys who control the hoist settee foul up the gimmicks! the flowers meant for Dhani shower on him! and the chunni too meant for Dhani lands on his head!  Dhani laughs and laughs.. and Viplav's  heart swells with joy, as to make her laugh.. see her laughing full of mirth, was a mission for him.. at last  at the end of the year he got his gift!

Next the meal.. table for two set up in a highly romantic setting.. Dhani confesses , it seems she is dreaming.. all this joy.. and he holds her hand places it against  his heart and  tells her the beating of his heart should tell her that it's not a dream it's for  real.. but she still fears and asks what if? He rebukes her for her doubts reminds her with great clout who he is? and now not even his own father can stop them from marrying ! gallantly her  presents her with a single red rose, asks her for  a dance and  they dance... their love ,their joy an offering to the gods  pure white as the colour white..Suddenly a candle falls by his foot and his shoe catches fire, she  throws water on it  to puts out the fire.. Viplav  is moved by her complete  panic at his  slight accident! He gathers her in his arms.. the end of this year  brought into his life  the pure fire and passion of love.. The entire scene stands out simply for seeing them celebrate their love, completely.. especially Dhani who now sings from the same song sheet as Viplav did, on his own before! 

and now for the dreaded twist..dhani prays before lord Krishna.. as luck would have it she cannot but overhear the pandit   arguing with  Dashrant.. knowing everything how can he say yes to this marriage?why is he making such a big mistake?  Dhani stands and looks anxious.. then  Dashrant asks him what is  he trying to say?.. dashrant clearly wants Dhani to hear.. why are you pushing your grandson towards his death! in his feigned style ,he replies ,please don't say this as the two children love each other..  how can he go wrong?. and the pandit replies,  loud enough for Dhani to hear.. the girls stars show she is a widow! and if Viplav marries her he will not  remain alive! that was it! Dhani is trapped by this paid pandits words.. Dhani's  simplicity will let dasharant win the game neatly.. as Dhani herself will refuse to marry Viplav if it means .. he will have to wash his hands off his life!by marrying  a widow..

It's  was lovely to see them as  couple  where both love each other.. sorry I was  out, most of the time ,hence  this was rushed.. many pardons.. I look forward to reading radnes , choco, jen's posts about this episode.. hamlet 53 1.1.16

Happy new year ,  love, peace and good will..

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Had to look up this one Hammie -   In my mind's eye . Very interesting .

HAMLET:
     Thrift, thrift, Horatio! the funeral baked meats
Did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables.
Would I had met my dearest foe in heaven
Or ever I had seen that day, Horatio!
My father! - methinks I see my father.

HORATIO:
Where, my lord?

HAMLET:
In my mind's eye, Horatio.

Will be back to respond shortly ...

Guruvishva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Keep the smile,
leave the tear,
Think of joy,
forget the fear,
Hold the laugh,
leave the pain,
Be joyous ,
Coz its new year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New year dear πŸ€—
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
HAMMIE!!!

Very very happy new year. Have not watched the epis for 2 days now. Super busy and traveling again, too
Have a good one!
Happy new year to everyone.
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hi Hammie, a very happy new year!! πŸ₯³
it's a pleasure of joy to read your take,!!! πŸ˜›
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
I am beginning my New yr with ur lovely Analysis Hammie dearπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
How is New yr ,I hope ,it started for u people by now
Awesome Analysis,Extraordinary title ,loved it HammieπŸ‘πŸ‘
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: premparbat

Had to look up this one Hammie -   In my mind's eye . Very interesting .
yeahhh the madman  for me..  hischaracter fascinates me... such a doomed persona... yes the  very lines.. the reference  is to his   fathers's apparition of course...
HAMLET:
     Thrift, thrift, Horatio! the funeral baked meats
Did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables.
Would I had met my dearest foe in heaven
Or ever I had seen that day, Horatio!
My father! - methinks I see my father.

HORATIO:
Where, my lord?

HAMLET:
In my mind's eye, Horatio.

Will be back to respond shortly ...
catch  you laters mate... love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guruvishva

Keep the smile,
leave the tear,
Think of joy,
forget the fear,
Hold the laugh,
leave the pain,
Be joyous ,
Coz its new year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New year dear πŸ€—

thanks for your lovely message..  poetry wow.. and so . apt too.. thank you my friend happy new year to you too..   strolling to your news years thread much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

HAMMIE!!!
helooo again aimf... was late in acknowledging  your last message but prompt  this time
Very very happy new year. Have not watched the epis for 2 days now. Super busy and traveling again, too
Have a good one!
Happy new year to everyone.
safe journey .. and we all await  your arrival..  me  from the control  the others at airport with garlands πŸ˜†... love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocobrownies

Hi Hammie, a very happy new year!! πŸ₯³

it's a pleasure of joy to read your take,!!! πŸ˜›

hi choco .. happy new year mate.. and look forward to reading your  moments to moment...   much love hammie