all the tricks in the book!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Wednesday  23rd December 2015 ep 117 My Take

One look at the pair of them, who will imagine an Artic zone exists between them. Both seem two young people having a conversation.. about the weather? since it is a lovely  crisp sunny morning.  it's certainly not the  weather that is Viplav's focal point.. it's her, the feisty Dhani, for whom   he has his heart  set upon. He clearly carries the notion within himself, that the prudish Dhani  still hides within her  a tiny fraction of a  portion  of love for him.  With great panache he presents the kangans in the name of his grandmother and  implores ,that she accept it. Dhani is not a dimwit either she recognises Viplav harps on about the will you marry message. She looks at his face and thinks ,talk about being pushy this city slicker, can't accept no for an answer.  Without meaning to sound harsh she does question his cocky attitude.. look have you lost the plot  or what? when did  I say yes to your proposal? that you formalize it by giving me the kangan.. Viplav takes it with a pinch of salt, yes true you haven't and you'll take your  on sweet time  in  saying yes .. but in the meanwhile  why don't you  just keep them anyway.. Viplav discovers that Dhani is not the usual young girl who is taken in by gold jewellery, normal girls would accept any way .But Dhani is extraordinary in a world of ordinary young girls.. she soar above the usual and is thus unusual. Of course she refuses to accept them out of Viplav's hands and the pair drop at her feet rather unceremoniously... Viplav who is on the lookout for opportunities to impress upon her she  has  been manufactured by the gods for  him! teases  with a twinkle in his eyes, no point in acting shirty , what's yours has landed before you Dhani.. At your feet.. Surely you can't  reject them now, as  it's sweet dadi who has sent them for you.. Dhani muses, put your angst on hold Dhani .. and solicit the case of a friend. This is the moment   to barter with vikal babu. With a smile she obliges him, but with a condition. Over the moon Viplav muses for you sweet Dhani say the word i 'll pluck the stars from the sky!  and he assures sure he'll do anything. Well for Dhani there isn't much to get sentimental over.. and she faces him and commands , he'll have to get married  to someone else!  He isn't sure if he heard correctly  and  questions her sanity.. Dhani calmly asks him , yes he should marry Rajlaxmi as she loves you madly! and Dhani  bends and picks up the gold kangans as if to say to him..  Offer these to Raj laxmi.. She'll accept the for sure..

But Viplav is irate , what is she on about? It's his heart that's in question here! Does she think he is some pawnbroker who'll accepts any old  pawn  sold to him by her ! He brought the kangans for her! Besides because she has refused him doesn't mean she should go around looking for replacements for him! No he wasn't interested in Raj laxmi!  and has no intentions of marrying either! He tells her straight. He loves her and that's that! He growls . But Dhani  puts up a stiff front and replies in third person, the girl you love you doesn't love you! But there is another who loves him dearly! Viplav just rolls his eyes helplessly, such a dimwit! This girl is it's unbelievable! muses Viplav and tells her  ,listen stop making castles in the air! Viplav will not love anyone else! But Dhani  argues ,you're not listening to me are you? I don't love you! Raj laxmi loves you but you don't love her! She will be right for you so you'd be better off marrying  her!  But Viplav  argues , don't accept your condition as he loves her and her alone ,always! But Dhani retorts she spent , a few days with him  role played  as husband and wife and he assumed she loves him? he snubs her.. Do you mean to tell me that love happens in few days? and you'd better  listen again! he only loves her not that rajlaxmi or any other! and he also knows that somewhere she too loves him but is frightened to admit it, but never mind and she takes the kangans from .. In the meanwhile  he'll  keep the kangans with him when she says yes, he will give them back to her  .. a lovely scene where Viplav  fiercely tries to persuade her to accept his love ,and  Dhani too equally aggressively tries to dissuade him by decreeing he marry and love Rajlaxmi!

On second thought he says why not get you to say yes to me before  your god and he drags her into the temple.. She struggles but to no Avail.. As she see his pure spiritual and physical  defiance and under the benign watchful eyes of Durga maa . He places her hand on his head looks down daringly  into her eyes and challenges her to swear before the goddess   by his head that she doesn't  love him!  He was sure she wouldn't dare lie she was likely to say yes!  But she looks at him and then looks at devi maa  and he mocks her is she thinking shall I torture  him or give him relief..? She moves her hand, turns from him and  looks at Durga maa .. She receives her command , and remains silent.. But knowing Viplav  she senses he needs a definite sign so she puts back her hand on his head and swears  by it.. No she does not love him! Let her be! She leaves him crestfallen as he was sure she would say yes.. He looks upon the mother goddesss  and implores , Durga  maa  if his love is true and pure then Dhani will return immediately to the temple. Till then he will not leave the temple and  defiantly he pinches off a live  flame from lit diva  and places it on his  bare palm.. as Viplav boldly triggered by the passion and grit of his love crosses path with  the invincible Durga goddess herself..in the hope that she will be moved by his  devotion to her..and her compassionate quality of being the mother goddess who come before her with a sincere and contrite heart.. his scalding flesh cries out to Durga maa.. make her come back! reveal to me your will show me my love for Dhani  appeases you..

Dhani comes down the mandir steps hurriedly ,is stopped by Rajlaxmi  who  wants her to return to the temple.. but Dhani was unwillingly as Viplav was there.. Rajlaxmi has all the more reason to insist that Dhani return back to the temple with her. For this was Dhani's test.. whether she encourages a liaison between Viplav and her.Dhani too wants to prove to Viplav that she meant what she said about getting with Rajlaxmi ,and that she Dhani has no issue with him.. she hopes he'll get  the point she does not love him and that she spoke the truth before devi maa.. he'll see that had she loved him would she bring Rajlaxmi to him??? but seeing Viplav with a flame on his palm,makes Dhani call out in great alarm vikal babu!.. Viplav in that one scream  of hers gets her answer  and devi maa's answer to him as well.. she cares for you Viplav.. but it  will be a long and arduous task for you to win from her the love that will match yours..In the meanwhile Viplav is somewhat perplexed to find Raj laxmi running to him! grabbing his hand and telling him off for causing himself self harm..as for Dhani  she stands and looks upon him distantly ,making her point to him about loving back  this friend of hers! he doesn't really care what she says, that he 's educated yet he acts in such a manner an illiterate manner! In fact he snubs  her, by telling Rajlaxmi   to tell Dhani not to make comments ,or question his love ,he hasn't given that right to anyone!  Raj laxmi  who is well aware of who Viplav  pines for? replies  objectively  , your love may be for anyone but to burn yourself is not right! get to the hospital now! But Viplav glares at Dhani with lion like eyes.. you may swear and lie by my head, before the gods ! but I heard the cry of your soul at seeing  my suffering Dhani.. I heard it.. and don't for once  dare you doubt! what I feel for you and only you! for the colour of my love remains white... 

Finally Dasharant pays Tripurari  a vist at the prison and mocks  his stupidity due to which he failed  to marry Dhani  and to finish her off.. now his pota Viplav is bearing the brunt of her deceptions ,she' spinning  him mercilessly like a  spinning  top! but Tripurari points out to dashrant  Viplav is not he one suffering it's him who's suffering, as according to plan he said he would marry his mother and give him Tripurari the family  name. Dashrant mocks him ,fat chance of that happening! plus threatens Tripurari .. that he Dashrant is all powerful  and is capable of anything.. besides Tripurari should remember  that Durga his mother is still in his grip!

Dhani during her chores recalls Viplav' palm cutting into the sword and today he burnt his palm  she winces as she scours the metal plate ,her heart too she scoures to see the shine of what  exactly she feels for him? ..but recalls he publicly called her his  wife to be?  and today, she swore she didn't  love him.. before devi maa .. she is so confused.. her mind   refuses to think clearly...but Dhani is blessed she has one person Badi maa who has mentored her all along..today too, she guides Dhani to revise her decision regarding Viplav.. if her heart tells her one and her mind another,it's best she  gives preference to what the heart says.. as decisions taken by the mind sometimes end in being regretful .. she reminds her that Viplav is a man one in a million one who really loves her..and she can only guide her as her mentor but the decision of course has to be hers.. Dhani thinks hard.. somehow  what ever badi maa said does not feel right ,muses Dhani..

Meanwhile viplav racks his brains! as to how else he can motivate Dhani towards him? ,he had tried the kangan method ,the putting spiritual pressure method.. even emotional black mail method by making her swear on his head! no progression.. a little but not enough! Raj gives him some idea and he rings Dhani and tries on the contemporary method.. chat her up on the phone, remind her he knows what she would be doing at his point in time.. making a flower garland.. talk poetry with her Viplav! tell her his life is also scattered like flowers ,without purpose and meaning.. gather them and string them together with the strings of his love and hers.. into a flower garland with her delicate hands and give his scattered life, a form and shape!  But! He cries she never gives him a chance..and then he puts into action the next segment of his plan, where.. the bloke invites the dame out for a meal. Dhani of course turns him down along with his flippant frivolities! But Viplav being the pushy bloke that he is, tells her.. no problem he'll be there and wait for her regardless, and if she doesn't turn up then he'll sit and starve! Of course he believes she would never see him suffer in starvation! and so she will turn up his heart tells him so!

Talking about meals..suvarna brings Tripurari's in the prison and along with her comes his mother who makes him eat humble pie!

Dhani sits threading flowers on a string.. recalls his words.. she seems to want to attach the string of her love to his .. but Rajlaxmi comes in ecstatic  at the feel of  touching vikal babu's hand.. she babbles on, she reckons he'll marry her soon and she is the best fit for him ,as she will be able to fulfil the duties of a rich wife..may not know  how to converse in  English..but knowing her she'll learn that too, in no time..and Dhani goes along with Raj laxmi 's dreams.. love ,passion? For vikal babu.. she'll do anything! Dhani decides what she has to do.. vikal babu will not forgo his food.. she will send him food for love..

Viplav is all hyped up ,table for two booked up for to complete with serenade of dheere dheere ,their tune.. he waits and then he gets the call from the proprietor  she's here! he waits expectantly and sees her shadow, then the fall of her white sari.. as she approaches the door and ..there stands before him Rajlaxmi!  He asks how come? and she replies Dhani asked her to come alone... yes Viplav is devastated but is still a gentleman eats with Rajlaxmi.. half heartedly.. Dhani for some reason unknown to her picks up the phone to speak to Rajlaxmi... Viplav at the hotel and Dhani at the Ashram phone in hand, both look miserable..

Fine episode.. conflict that creates friction.. and yes there is fire on both sides.. Hamlet53 24.12,15

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful take, as ever, dear Hammie

As you said earlier, this track is "cute" with the boy head over heels in love with his unrelenting lady. However, it is better short-lived, else it gets very repetitive.

The camphor flame on Viplav's bare palm, and at the same temple, is a nice touch. Earlier, it was Dhani who burnt her palm in the exact same place and manner to atone the perceived violation to her honor after Vip rescued her from the river and changed her sari in front of Mother Durga. Dhani was atoning for allowing herself to be laid bare, literally, by a stranger, and seeking to strengthen her commitment to the norms of widowhood. Viplav, by his extreme action, was laying himself bare in the Divine Mother's presence, and seeking to strenghten the depth of his love. Dhani's action of burning her palm arose from a sense of helplessness and guilt at being rendered unable to follow the prescribed norms of widowhood. Viplav's action is in defiance of conventional norms of courtship and Dhani's rejection of him arising from prescribed norms of widowhood.

Dasharath is even cleverer than we have given him credit for. By putting Trip behind bars, DT has raised the bar on what it means to be wily. When Dasharath told Trip that Durga was in his grip, I thought that he referred to Durga's being spirited away as a hostage to an unknown location. But, with Trip behind bars, this is no longer necessary. Trip has been put in a cage of social censure and nonacceptance. Dasharath has set Durga free, alright, but continues to hold her vision hostage, where she sees only what is apparent on the surface, only whatever he allows her to see. Seeing is believing, and Durga's disappointment and rejection of her son is going to be an added reason for Trip's mounting resentment and anger against his father. It would be no surprise if DT were to meet his death at Trip's hands later on in the serial.
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great take dear..😳
Epi was fine Viplovs on right track I'm glad.. I was furious on Dhani she shouldn't hav send RL ur right he was devastated.. But yea even she was sure that's how onli he wud hav his meal.. she can't see him suffering indeed.. 😳 n Viplov a true gentleman hav had dinner with RL although he was sad n annoyed.. I fell for Vips all over again there..😳
Precap was interesting. .can't wait to watch today's episode. .
Thnk u so much for writing dear
Guruvishva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful take as usual my dear πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
Haven't watch the epi but which you say satisfied me a lot πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
Strella thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great take as ever...Hammie.
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Amazing analysis dear HammieπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
LOved reading it😳
Hamlet53 thumbnail

hi aone, great to see you on my thread.. welcome to Ishq..  lively buzzing  forum with friendly   welcoming members.. much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

Wonderful take, as ever, dear Hammie
hi  aimf  good to see you ,hope you feeling ship shape
As you said earlier, this track is "cute" with the boy head over heels in love with his unrelenting lady. However, it is better short-lived, else it gets very repetitive.
and I second that..mind you  there's up to a point i can stand it..i think we get the message viplav in particular is giving and dhani is not far behind
The camphor flame on Viplav's bare palm, and at the same temple, is a nice touch. Earlier, it was Dhani who burnt her palm in the exact same place and manner to atone the perceived violation to her honor after Vip rescued her from the river and changed her sari in front of Mother Durga. Dhani was atoning for allowing herself to be laid bare, literally, by a stranger, and seeking to strengthen her commitment to the norms of widowhood. Viplav, by his extreme action, was laying himself bare in the Divine Mother's presence, and seeking to strenghten the depth of his love. Dhani's action of burning her palm arose from a sense of helplessness and guilt at being rendered unable to follow the prescribed norms of widowhood. Viplav's action is in defiance of conventional norms of courtship and Dhani's rejection of him arising from prescribed norms of widowhood.
 yes it showed in his action..which she dismisses , before raj laxmi..i wonder if she think s he'll become more loopy?
Dasharath is even cleverer than we have given him credit for. By putting Trip behind bars, DT has raised the bar on what it means to be wily. When Dasharath told Trip that Durga was in his grip, I thought that he referred to Durga's being spirited away as a hostage to an unknown location. But, with Trip behind bars, this is no longer necessary. Trip has been put in a cage of social censure and nonacceptance. Dasharath has set Durga free, alright, but continues to hold her vision hostage, where she sees only what is apparent on the surface, only whatever he allows her to see. Seeing is believing, and Durga's disappointment and rejection of her son is going to be an added reason for Trip's mounting resentment and anger against his father. It would be no surprise if DT were to meet his death at Trip's hands later on in the serial...yes and what's more  trip will expose dash before viplav as well.. thanks so much  aimf for always commenting  on my work.. pleases and encourages me to no end..   take it easy.. dont over do it.. many thanks and much love hammie

cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Brilliant take and great analysis ever Hammie..!πŸ‘πŸΌ
your poetical theory on  phone conversation ! ❀️
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NusiSg

Great take dear..😳  hi nus good to see you
Epi was fine Viplovs on right track I'm glad.. I was furious on Dhani she shouldn't hav send RL ur right he was devastated.. But yea even she was sure that's how onli he wud hav his meal.. she can't see him suffering indeed.. 😳 n Viplov a true gentleman hav had dinner with RL although he was sad n annoyed.. I fell for Vips all over again there..😳
Precap was interesting. .can't wait to watch today's episode. .
Thnk u so much for writing dear
yes dhani. has a lot of explaining  to do.. thanks so much  for always reading and  commenting  much love  hammie