Worst book you've ever read :P - Page 3

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by Cocktail24

The Aleph & Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

May I know the reason u hate Alchemist? 
Originally posted by Starkheart.

Worst is a kind word for that book.
Yes. I could not believe that I was actually able to read it till pave 5 ðŸ˜† How can someone write some utterly one-dimensonally, it shocks me. ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Angela_Grokes

Yes. I could not believe that I was actually able to read it till pave 5 ðŸ˜† How can someone write some utterly one-dimensonally, it shocks me. ðŸ˜†

It's a disgusting fact that his books are successful. God!

I had to read whole of his Half Girlfriend due to a bet. It was suicide.

It's a disgusting fact that his books are successful. God!

I had to read whole of his Half Girlfriend due to a bet. It was suicide.
Oh yes! That is very true. I don't even consider them close to literature. As a matter of fact, no one should! 

But then book like 50 Shades of Grey, which lack any storyline or literary excellence, are bestsellers, you cannot expect anything thing better!
Originally posted by Angela_Grokes

Oh yes! That is very true. I don't even consider them close to literature. As a matter of fact, no one should! 

But then book like 50 Shades of Grey, which lack any storyline or literary excellence, are bestsellers, you cannot expect anything thing better!

I can't understand what people find in such books.

There are tons of amazing authors in India like Chitra Banerjee, Jaishree Misra, Amitav Ghosh. I don't understand why teens prefer CB over them.

I can't understand what people find in such books.

There are tons of amazing authors in India like Chitra Banerjee, Jaishree Misra, Amitav Ghosh. I don't understand why teens prefer CB over them.
[/QUOTE@Bold - To satisfy their hormones probably. ðŸ˜† But on a serious note I feel they don't want to go in for something smart and want to just read something mindless yet fun. 
^What I don't get is why go for a badly written book when you have well written lightreads.

^What I don't get is why go for a badly written book when you have well written lightreads.
Because they dont get the same attraction there. They chose a novel by - 
Popular read+contemporary+mindless+attraction = Found! ðŸ˜†

Not necessarily sensible are they?

May I know the reason u hate Alchemist? 

Maybe its among the Books I've read of Paulo Coelho.. I have found them much more intresting an having a deeper message  whereas Alchemist  had a simple message that instead of leading an boring life take up new experiences.. and maybe its not that I hate it .. but instead I have read more books better and intresting.. making me read the book again .. whereas  I lost intrest  midway while reading Alchemist and Aleph.
^ the Alchemist is indeed very simple and it's one of the reasons I love that book. Sometimes it's those simple things that we forget to realize.