a widow's vermillion..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Monday 7th December 2015 ep 103 My Take .. a widow's vermillion..

Such is the unexplained furore of love, that the lover and the beloved both endeavour to surpass  each other in the service of love! such is this fevered emotion  of love! Viplav came like the flight of  an arrow to save Dhani  from the pit of vipers!   Propelled by some undefined bond each one within themselves is filled by a desire to flee from vice so that virtue emerges as exalted . Each wants the other's effort to win . Dhani  wants Viplav's  effort in   retrieving her to be rewarded ,so she fights her groggy unsteadiness and  soldiers on upon the steely  wide shoulders of her redeemer. As long as they stand united they can meet any adversity in the face.. Adversity then  most commonly comes forth in the form of resistance from the foes side  whereby the rescuer and the rescued are chased in their efforts to flee! But then love fears not, being chased! It's only motive is to hang on to the precious gift bestowed upon man from the gods.. Love..

Hence just when Viplav and Dhani reckon ,they have made it.. a common issue of no fuel in the vehicle that will carry them to safety  occurs! This is done to to test their physical and mental agility in a stressful situation!, so their sense of quick decision is verified. As Tripurari's goons catch up pn them , Viplav  decides,   run Dhani  the goons draw  close. Thus starts the  chase Viplav and Dhani's  symbolic  journey  of life.. running  through the uneven rugged  precarious  ways of the world, meandering  and weaving  ahead  to a clearance,  chased by   the trials  and tribulations of life!.. They   run together, hand in hand ,fingers interlocked as  two powers rolled into one! Viplav helps  Dhani through the  woods of obscurity ..till  their troubles , the enemy  does not matter anymore!  Together they come to land's end.. to the ravine of revelation.. which will reveal what they mean to each other! Beneath  the gorge is the deep blue sea. Viplav and Dhani  stand now as captives! between the devil and the deep blue sea!. The goons mock Viplav , you don't stand a chance now, you're in a catch 22 situation ,death before you and death behind you! Viplav confesses,  no he's done with running so come he's ready to fight them!  he fights them ,they are many he is one .. it is worth mentioning here , that Viplav  is not a thug or a streetfighter  , by upbringing.. so despite this, he gallantly defends  Dhani and protectively stands before her like a metal breast shield. But  his commitment to Dhani's protection  gives him more laurels  to reach out for; when  a person covered under a blanket , drags a line on the dry soil at the land's end with a wooden pole,and  progresses forward at the held captives  Viplav and Dhani.The person stops, points the pole  at  Dhani .. the proposed target... then changes his plan, and  points it to Viplav! this golden boy has ruled enough!  snuff him out first! that should  give this Dhani a living death too!.. muses Tripurari , underneath his blanket.. and with all the hate in his heart,  he strikes the pole viciously  under Viplav's neck!  and Viplav  doubles up stunned.. but Tripurari , decides to do a good job, raises the pole wields it with force , and slams it down  atop Viplav's head! with such might that Viplav holds his head in his hands and spins slowly... for you Dhani , I receive this strike! I may jest ,but the colour of my love is to protect your honour and your dignity .. he digs his fingers on the sides of his head and the world begins to turn dark and hazy for him.. Dhani in panic and frenzy  bites the arm of her captive , runs towards a tottering  Viplav and takes a vital ,sane decision  that will save the life of her vikal babu.. she runs , grabs his arm and  leads  Viplav to the edge of the  ravine and both  jump into the water... the colour of my love is white.. vikil babu.. the colour of my love is to save your life  vikal babu.. like you saved my life at the banks of the sacred Ganges ..that night.. muses Dhani as she  goes down  with him go hand and hand .. slowly sinking downwards ,but their unnamed  bond ascends upwards to the heavens.. down they drop with an enormous  splash in  the deep blue sea! Tripurari and his goons look down and all they can see is a circle of foamy froth where his two targets fell! His goons congratulate him as his troubles are doubly over , but he tells them  he needs to see their dead bodies to confirm both as dead. Dhani takes a decision to end her life by jumping over the cliff , but in actual fact  it's to save Viplav's life. Tripurari watches the circle of water, the dip which will drown him too!when prabhu finds out what he's done to viplav.. Tripurari knows his  satanic intelligence  has been watered down.. he is drowned by the question,what if they are not dead?? he wants to  see their dead bodies! His goons are instructed to check both banks of the river.. no rest for the wicked..

Kanak pulls her weight around and literally, throws Durga out bag and baggage!  she makes good use of the excuse, it was due to Tripurari's gross deeds,  that babu ji  is in hospital. Kanak calls them ingrates and says , her son Tripurari  has the mentality of one who bites the hand that feeds him! But  Durga  begs for time, till prabhu  returns home .  Kanak knows if he comes home ,these low lives will continue to scrounge off him. So  Kanak picks on suvarva   calls her  a widow..  Durga is deeply offended and  picks up her suitcase  and goes back  to her old  house.. Kanak shouts get tiffin ready to be taken to Viplav..

Tripurari  goes to visit Dashrant , who asks is  the work done? he lies through his teeth,  your want is always adhered too,   and how can it be that the work  not done? dashrant  asks, so it means you killed Dhani?you deserve an award.. like a lying toad, Tripurari  deceives , your blessing is my greatest reward and to obey your command  is my  belief.   Dashrant  says Om shanti.. Dashrant, deserved penalty ,is quiet, betrayal by Tripurari..

Kanak arrives at the hospital with dadi. She tells her go to babu ji.. and she'll feed Viplav..  since yesterday her child hasn't eaten anything..gives impression of a mother's love for her son. Since he was thrown out  Kanak  is seen doing her motherly duty, in defending him , picking on tripurai and his family.. so much so she has kicked them out!

Dsahrant meanwhile still needs assurance from Tripurari.. are you absolutely sure you saw  Dhani dead? Tripurari ,lies trust me she's finished..but then triprurari cannot afford to tell his maha Guru the truth, but dashrant says, leave before someone sees him here.. but  dadi sees him tending to a sleeping Dashrant she asks him what is he doing here? after creating so much trouble how dare he turn up here..he says, you know full well why ma'am.. l have the same right to be here  like your son Shambu , surely you know this much! he snubs dadi  and walks off. Kanak comes running .. maa ji can't  find Viplav anywhere near the hospital. Looked everywhere  phoned him it's not connecting.. dadi is worried and  Kanak becomes hysterical..  and says,  Babu ji  is unconscious and he sits up all of a sudden ! dadi says you have regained consciousness ? he feigns, he felt like someone was shaking my soul..they cry where is viplav? the scene , is comic the way  Dashrant sits up ! when compared to the breaking news that where is Viplav??

The eye moves slowly to the edge of water where lie  two washed ashore bodies of a man and woman propped up like dear life.. against a sloping ,smooth, slippery flat rock..They both lie  backs to each other, facing  the other way. They lie still.. young innocent beings, surely  the ocean has coughed them up  because it  too refused them a watery death.. For sure, one lives!  the woman's fingers move on the slippery rock as drowsily she opens her eyes, looks up lifts her head,  looks around and finds her fingers interlocked with his fingers the entwine of a connection.. she raises her self and sees Viplav ..sets her fingers free.. calls for help anyone there? she leans over him and pats his face.. vikal babu!! shakes him by the shoulder! wake up!! she feels his head looks around, calls out! any one listening? tries again to revive him by shaking.. then grabs him from under his armpit and turns him over from his side onto his back.. gently  puts his bleeding head on the  flat slippery rock and calls out his name again, vikal babu ..  but to her horror feels his warm blood at the side of his head!... that's it cries Dhani helplessly, blames herself in utter panic ,it's all her fault! had he not come to save her! he would be alive she cries hysterically, dear god!! please make him better.. get up vikal babu!! in panic she rests her head on his chest to hear if his heart beat.. it beats Dhani.. why would it not? half dead too, I  your vikil babu  can feel you are by myside  .. caring for me.. 

Tripurai asks his man if he had gone looking for them ,he replies sent around their photos  to the edge of the riverside.. well probably find their washed off bodies there. Tripurari.. says till I myself done see them dead, they are alive for me.. he says check the hospitals of the area. for if they are alive! that's where they'll head for..

Dhani continues to shake and calls out vikil babu! to revive him.She tears her sari pallu.. and tries to block his bleeding.. by bandaging the circumference of  his head she calls out, he has to be taken to hospital..  is anybody around? she finds an abandoned  four wheel wooden barrow

Tripurari gets home calls for his mother. she's not at home this must be all  her doing pulls out his phone.. rings Kanak.. ma'am ,she says and she demands, where is my son Tripurari? he replies,first you tell me where is my wife and mother ? she says they can both go to hell! where they should have been ages ago ,now answer my question where is my Viplav? and he cuts her out and says, it's your son who will end up in hell not my mother! 

He storms into  his old  house..and demands from Suvarna  where is my mother? she says she was here  must be around? and he says where? has she disappeared ,it's you that should have gone ,you have become an ill omen between me and my mother! he grabs her arms! as soon as you arrived everything turned upside down, because of your inauspicious presence, my mother was kicked out of the house  I dreamed years to occupy! It's all because of you ! get out. suvarna digs her heels not going anywhere I am your wife .. a wife stays  where her husband is and he says who says you're  my wife? never accepted you as one  to this day nor pur vermillion  in your parting.. by filling it your self doesn't mean you become my wife..dont! I'll end this drama right here! he wipes the vermillion out of her parting with his palm.. Durga comes and says stop! Suvarna will not go anywhere ? he hugs her and she says I won't go anywhere and neither will Suvarna she runs to Durga he pulls her stay away from my mother..she says today if you don't put vermillion in her parting right  now! you'll never see your mother... so by force he puts vermillion in Suvarna parting..

Young Dhani a widow dressed in a mud covered patchy white sari, labours, plods and struggles on dutifully like a wife who puts her own life through danger to save the life of a man who is not her husband.. yet he  comes to save her virtue,  gets beaten badly,  many times he saved her precious life by being stoned, thrown shoes at, being burnt! this man is not her husband.. yet she wants to obey and serve him with all her heart, mind and soul.. why? he is not  her husband! nor has she the sindoor of Vikil babu  in her maang.. then what bond makes her plod on wearily with this precious load..? Dhani  stops tired..

Well friends to me this episode is  all about the matters of the heart.. I saw and felt it with my  erhh half a heart.. the best scene for me was the sindoor scene in the end.. it specifies the sanctity and commitment of marriage.. an unbroken bond ,at least divinity  decrees it that way..however  sindoors  sanctity is lost somewhere with Tripurari and Suvarna.. Durga knows full well it's significance.. and last and but not the least .. the widow Dhani and vikal babu know the true reverence of the sindoor.. and they are not even married ritually..  the meaning of sindoor can be seen in the lives of  these two souls.. Hamlet53 8.12.15

Precap:  trip says to Suvarna I swear nmy mother I haven't done anything to Dhani. red van pulls up behind her..an ambulance pulls up too and Dhani turns the wheeled cart...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A very beautiful and poetic take.  👏👏👏

Taaliyaan taaliyaan!!

Your words flowed with ease and and your creative imagination, in full bloom, is discernible throughout this take.

Some thoughts from my side:

1. Precap: Dhani sees the horrid red van and makes a u-turn with the hand cart. I think once the goons get the all clear in the hospital (that there are no people matching the description of ViDha) and leave from there, Dhani will go and admit her Vakil Babu in that hospital, and therefore will be safe from the surveillance of Trip and his hitmen. Or Dhani might try another hospital that is somehow missed by the henchmen.

2. Trip and Sue's relationship is that of Perpetrator and Victim respectively. Plus in today's episode, Durga plays the role of the Rescuer/Enabler in the whole scene of "sealing it with sindoor."  Trip, Durga and Sue are clearly replaying the dysfunctional dynamics of the codependent triangle.

The question, really, is what exactly is Durga trying to sanction and seal through forcing Trip to complete this marriage ritual? Is she giving trip the proverbial James Bond "license to kill?" Trouble is that Trip already had taken that license with Sue even before she was his legally wedded wife. Is Durga giving him the permission to continue to torture Suvarna? The sealing-it-with-sindoor is a futile attempt by Durga to stem a canyon-sized wound with a band-aid. I doubt if Trip will ever learn the sanctity of marriage.

Sleep well and take care.

Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

A very beautiful and poetic take.  👏👏👏

hi  was hoping you'd reply... feel good now ..
Taaliyaan taaliyaan!!
thanks. so much...  am I performing ..  on stage..? have done so in my life.. Hamlet  i was the tall and lean one in my class.. not willowy.. lean keen and mean!
Your words flowed with ease and and your creative imagination, in full bloom, is discernible throughout this take.
yes my thoughts flow when Iam in a foul mood... but now cheered up
Some thoughts from my side:

1. Precap: Dhani sees the horrid red van and makes a u-turn with the hand cart. I think once the goons get the all clear in the hospital (that there are no people matching the description of ViDha) and leave from there, Dhani will go and admit her Vakil Babu in that hospital, and therefore will be safe from the surveillance of Trip and his hitmen. Or Dhani might try another hospital that is somehow missed by the henchmen.
 hummm..   next thing will she give him blood?? like naku did to dutta?😆 she did cart wheel him to hospital with her dad and bro..
2. Trip and Sue's relationship is that of Perpetrator and Victim respectively. Plus in today's episode, Durga plays the role of the Rescuer/Enabler in the whole scene of "sealing it with sindoor."  Trip, Durga and Sue are clearly replaying the dysfunctional dynamics of the codependent triangle.
you have rounded it up very welll thanks..  sad ..  so many cases here too..
The question, really, is what exactly is Durga trying to sanction and seal through forcing Trip to complete this marriage ritual? Is she giving trip the proverbial James Bond "license to kill?" Trouble is that Trip already had taken that license with Sue even before she was his legally wedded wife. Is Durga giving him the permission to continue to torture Suvarna? The sealing-it-with-sindoor is a futile attempt by Durga to stem a canyon-sized wound with a band-aid. I doubt if Trip will ever learn the sanctity of marriage.
yes that 's true ..hence I SUSPECT his respect has lessened or he never had any for her in the first place..
Sleep well and take care.
listen.. thanks for reading it and replying so promptly made my tuesday..   feeling peckish will raid the biscuit tin or fridge..    much love  yours hammie.. 

Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Superb hammie.
Its such a lovely feeling to read ur point of view of an already watched episode.r u a writer by profession ?
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TahsinNuromimed

Superb hammie.
Its such a lovely feeling to read ur point of view of an already watched episode.r u a writer by profession ?

hi tahsin... how are you?  so pleased you enjoyed the take..  no not a writer by profession.. but yes I do write fiction for pleasure ,on forums.. IF and other  forums.. on IF  it was after Mishal left Laagi in march 2011  that i started writing fanfiction.. my hammie's fan fic is onmy siggy  if you click it'll take you there... thing is its based on LAAGI..  dutta and naku.. here on Ishq iam only doing takes...
but thanks for your lovely comment ..its very rewarding if readers find pleasure after reading it much love hammie
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Won take Hammie!! 
Very well expressed through your words.. Cv's rushed like a jet speed inspite of all this drama, it's always pleasure to ViDha scenes. Loved your sindoor symbolism towards the end of the episode.. Dhani's capability comes out unknowingly in the way when she breaker out his fear in saving Vip.. I hope ViDha overcoming miserable and testing moments of their life..How their hands tightly holded together, no matter these two gonna to beat the scary hurdles with their unknown bonding which is gonna to holded lifelong together..!! 
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hammie ... 👏 your narration of their treacherous journey of love was superlative. At times your writeup makes me watch the episode again . A good one this. thx.

For me todays episode was all about LOVE. Two people tied in a bond such when one is in trouble the other takes over. We've often seen the damsel in distress waiting for her knight in shining armour and he did arrive to save her . Instead what a turn of events when Dhaani with her quick thinking takes Vipalvs hand to jump the hill with the only thought to protect him. Her helplessness to bring him back to consciousness and her shouting for help a job well done by Eisha speaks only of love. 👏

You titled the synopsis as - A widow vermillion . At first I too pondered at why this superfluous scene of Durga insisting on Trip applying the sindoor and me mocking it to be another stunt to add drama. after a bit of a think it struck me that Durga has never been accepted as DTs wife and she never got the status . she will not let that happen to another women and that too at the hands of her son . her son will either fulfill her demand or else she will give up her life . That mark on a women's forehead is sacred and has the power to change the life and get respect for a vidhwa . Such is the mark.

I actually loved todays episode. There was a sense of unhappiness in the forum because of this new norm of rushing thru scenes. If one looks past this today I saw another side of Trip which helps me understand why is he doing what he is doing. He loves his mother and wants to get her the respect she deserves. He understands that Viplav is the axis around which everyone in the household revolves around . He will avenge this disgrace while troubling Viplav in all manner possible .

I cannot sign off without mentioning Kanak . Bold and brazen tigress who can take on Trip without fear . Tit for Tat phone convo with Trip to put him in his place.

Goodnight all. Tomorrow is another day. Lets see how our love story proceeds.

👏 👏
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@premparbat

Your observation of Durga being the sindoor-less  "wife" of DT and not wishing to continue this parampara is a great one!
Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Wonderful Analysis Hammie,really it made my morning to start with a critical analysis,which would fresh my day like a newly blossoming flower,for sure
  Ur title captured my attention,complete justice to the title dr👏👏
Tahsinomi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

hi tahsin... how are you? so pleased you enjoyed the take.. no not a writer by profession.. but yes I do write fiction for pleasure ,on forums.. IF and other forums.. on IF it was after Mishal left Laagi in march 2011 that i started writing fanfiction.. my hammie's fan fic is onmy siggy if you click it'll take you there... thing is its based on LAAGI.. dutta and naku.. here on Ishq iam only doing takes...
but thanks for your lovely comment ..its very rewarding if readers find pleasure after reading it much love hammie

Thanks hammie.I am fine.I am using a cell phone with which I am not comfortable plus I am new here.so if u can send me d links of or ff I will b grateful.