Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: OutsiderOne

😆 trying more harder please. Ashhurmmm...🤢

I know 😆😆
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

And  for the rest of you people who are posting Mastani's history - all the posts are not consistent, you are all saying different things, Im sure u dont even know the real story so dont try to be pseudo intellectuals, youre all probably just like oh chalo let me go on google grab the first thing I see and come to this topic to support my Deepu Jaan - even though this topic has nothing to do with her I'm talking about the character itself. 

Lol so you posted a topic as to whether Mastani is a prostitute, instead of actually sitting an reading what is written about her online. Its ok to presume whatever you want to about her. But look at your audacity, for your question about her, ppl gave their opinion, as for me I posted whatever I had read about her off the internet. Its history. Obviously it will be inconsistent. There is no one who can give you a 100% correct answer. You started off by saying you aren't calling Deepika a prostitute ,yet when some of us posted useful articles about Mastani,you claim that DP's fans and pseudo intellects are posting stuff to support their "Deepu jaan". Did anyone talk about or defend Deepika here? 
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Error_404

Q. Please tell us something about Mastani'.

Kusum :Mastani is one of the most misunderstood characters in our history. Heroine of one of the greatest love stories inhistory , she was victim of severe character assassination, put down as a muslim dancing girl' by historians. The truth is that she was a Kshtrani, a princess from Bundelkhand, daughter of Maharaj Chhatrasaal Bundela who was the chief propagator of the Pranami faith that sought to bring together Islam and Hinduism. It was because of this, the fact that she was a Krishna bakht who would be so magan in aradhana that she would get up and dance and kept both vrats and roza, sang bhajans and offered namaaz, that her enemies made her out to be a muslim dancing girl. As a matter of fact, she was a princess trained in all the martial arts, politics and diplomacy, all the household and beauty aids and an intelligence agent par excellence, apart from being proficient in music and dance. Perhaps being beautiful on top of all that was her tragedy.

Q. What are all these controversies about the book ?

Kusum: My book on Mastani has blown away all those myths of her being a Muslim dancing girl who Baji Rao was enamoured with. She was his legally married second wife whose dowry made him a wealthy jagirdar and owner of one third of the fabulous Panna mines, apart from a secure route to Delhi and an all India footprint.

More than that, I have raised questions over the deaths of both Baji Rao and Mastani. todate, Baji Rao is believed to have died of the effects of a heat stroke. What most people dont know is that those symptoms are identical to those suffered by a person suffering from alcohol withdrawl. and Baji Rao 's mother had taken a vow from him to give up alcohol, in order that Mastnai be released from house arrest and sent to him.
That physical suffering was aggravated by his emotion truama of being separated from his love and from a sense of betrayal by his entire family conspiring to keep Mastani from him. Finally when word came to him that Mastani was no more, he died on April 28, 1740.
The traditional myth has Mastani dying when she hears that Baji Rao is no more. But on the basis of my findings, I envisaged Mastani dying earlier, her death being kept a secret until all the ceremonies in the Peshwa household were over by March 1740 and only then was the news allowed to reach Baji Rao who had stayed away from all the ceremonies in protest against his mother's refusal to allow Krishnasinh (Baji Rao and Mastani's son) to have his thread ceremony along with those of his younger half brothers (Baji Rao's youngest sons from first wife Kashi bai).
Although Mastani was 'suppposed to be ' under house arrest in the Shanivar Vada itself, she was asbent from the ceremonies, in spite of the fact that the King, Maharaj Shahu had come from Satara to attend them, to honor his Peshwa Baji Rao!!

Q. Why did you choose to write about Mastani'? Any specific reasons?

Kusum: Whenever I read a history book, I would come across a tiny para in the Baji Rao chapter saying that he was greatly influenced by a "Muslim dancing girl". That irked me because no historian forgot tomention it but did not elaborate on who or what she was. I reasoned that there were thousands of dancing girls, so there had be something very very special about this lady that no historian could afford to ignore her!! That started off the hunt for the real Mastani and then I was hooked. As some friends insist, her spirit egged me on to ensure that her dignity was restored.

Q. You must have had to do a lot of research for this book. Any interesting anecdotes you would like to share regarding that?

Kusum :The research for Mastani took almost 25 years and never completed as there is no specific evidence of where, when and how she died, only lots of tales one has to shift through. Two of my children were in boarding sc hools in pune and panchgani at different periods so I had to go back and forth a great deal. During those visits, I used to haunt the historians, libraries and other places for informatjon which really had to be scratched out. Then once I got the link to Madhya Pradesh, I planned and made two trips to Indore and Mhow where I met up with the Indore factions of Baji Rao - Mastani's families; examined the records of Chhatrasaal, getting whole books xeroexed. In that period I made contact with a tremendous resource person, a retired postmaster general of Banda, thelate Ehswaan Awara who had spent his entire life reseaqrching Mastani. He gave me access to all his findings and then spend hours discussing different aspects on phone, urging me to start writing even before the research was complete. He would always argue that the freshness of the info had to be put into the book format before I lost the essence or grew too old for it. He was write and I eventually started writing and took three years to complete various drafts. It is truly sad that he did not live to hold the book in his hands.

<font color="#7b7b7b" face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">http://isahitya.com/index.php/english-sahitya/english-literature/503-mastani-is-one-of-the-most-misunderstood-characters-in-our-historykusum-choppra</font>

Thank you for this!

Mastani and Bajirao are breaking my heart. Such a tragic love story. And so much better IMO than Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal!
Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: zara321

no she was not a prostitute, she was trained in dance, archery, sword fighting and horse riding

her dancing doesn't mean she is a prostitute 

WOW ! such a multi talented lady Mastani. She even had talent as a homewrecker. 👏

A warrior, a princess, a courtesan, a horse rider, a trained dancer, A singer, a lover, a home wrecker.  👏
Edited by Mugda - 8 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Be ready Mastani's Ghost might haunt you for calling her a Prostitute. 😆 😆 😆
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wrestling  Armpit wanna be Mastani!

Lol so you posted a topic as to whether Mastani is a prostitute, instead of actually sitting an reading what is written about her online. Its ok to presume whatever you want to about her. But look at your audacity, for your question about her, ppl gave their opinion, as for me I posted whatever I had read about her off the internet. Its history. Obviously it will be inconsistent. There is no one who can give you a 100% correct answer. You started off by saying you aren't calling Deepika a prostitute ,yet when some of us posted useful articles about Mastani,you claim that DP's fans and pseudo intellects are posting stuff to support their "Deepu jaan". Did anyone talk about or defend Deepika here? 

😆😆😆 all of you get into the trap by haters. If Aish become Mastani, they will never question about Mastani like this. Aish now become nanny and grandma. Her skin just good on face, but her skin on neck already look a like my grandma neck. Botoxxxy 🤢🤢
Edited by OutsiderOne - 8 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Sorry but I dont have time to read essays upon essays on the history Of Mastani - and whatever little I did read was inconsistent which is fine. I just wanted to know if she was prostitute or not, and now I know that she isn't, so case closed.  Did I ask once for anyone to give me a history lecture? I obviously didnt care enough to google it, i just wanted a quick answer, not a history lesson. So FO. 

I think you should take the time to read every single comment on here and then you will know why I said Deepu jaan.  They do this in every topic, bring their Deepu janda everywhere. 

Anyway I got my clarification that she wasn't intact a prostitute so get over yourself and move on :) 
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
^^ You open a thread and when people give their opinion you tell people to FO 😆 😆

Edited by Beautyandbrain - 8 years ago
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Do people know the difference between a prostitute and a dancer?

Does every person who dances with sexy expressions become a prostitute? Really now? Don't throw out such words so carelessly!!

prostitute
pr'sttjut/
noun
a person, typically a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.

^ How does Deewani Mastani even show as Mastani to be a prostitute? Was she having sex with men in the song? Was Bajirao giving her payment when they held hands in the middle of the song 😆