Members Lounge

|| Carving Memories - Happy Thanksgiving! ||

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated in the United States to be thankful for the blessings of the harvest of the previous year. It falls on the fourth Thursday of every November. The families come together for a day of feastparades and football. Canada celebrates Thanksgiving on the second Monday of every October.

traditional Thanksgiving meal consists of the customary turkey, pumpkin pies, cranberries, mashed potatoes, stuffing and candied yams. Many big cities and towns hold a Thanksgiving Parade. These parades are a way to showcase the country's military strength. Important features of the parade include floats,costumes and huge helium balloons in the shape of cartoon characters and TV personalities. Watching football is also one of the longest held Thanksgiving traditions.

Thanksgiving day also marks the official beginning of the Christmas season. The day following Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday. It is an annual shopping bonanza for Christmas with huge eye grabbing discounts and deals

Apart from showing gratitude for a good harvest, the Thanksgiving feast is in fact a feast planned to thank the Native Americans for teaching the settlers how to grow and cook food. It dates back to 1621,when the harvest was celebrated by the Dutch pilgrims of the Plymouth Colony, now known as Massachusetts.

It was celebrated by different communities on different dates until 1789, when George Washington declared the first national Thanksgiving Day. He initially declared November 26th as Thanksgiving Day. Later in 1863, the day was shifted to the last Thursday of November by President Abraham Lincoln. It was finally shifted to the fourth Thursday of November in 1939 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. 

happy turkey day!

Angel-Jot.| caffieneaddict.| unitatoxo. | flirtatious.| .Leprechaun.| somergasm.

Edited by OtakuGirl-Debo - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pontiacbandit thumbnail

Thanksgiving is all about friends, family and food. What better way to spend that timetogether than watching some good TV? The Crazy Creatives a list of shows that you can watch to keep up your Thanksgiving spirits.

how i met your mother

Anyone who watched How I Met Your Mother cannot forget the epic Thanksgiving episodes. The day was a nightmare for Barney, for it was also his "Slapsgiving" day.Marshall invented unique ways to frighten him and the moments leading up to the "slapdown" were a treat to watch. In another Thanksgiving episode, Ted was set on making the Tur-Tur-Key-Key, a turkey with another turkey inside it which turned out taste horribly wrong. So make sure these episodes are on your "must binge watch" list.

(Season 3 x 09, Season 5 x 02, Season 6 x 10)

friends

Thanksgiving had always been a memorable affair for the gang. Even Brad Pitt appeared in one of the specials. Monica's sexy dance with the turkey on her head to cheer Chandlerup, will make you want to dance. Joey also made Chandler spend one Thanksgiving inside awooden box as a punishment for kissing his girlfriend. The Geller siblings revealed each other's secrets to their parents in another special episode. This Thanksgiving must be "The One were you watched Friends".

(Seas0n 8 x 09, Season 5 x 08, Season 4 x 08, Season 6 x 09)

gossip girl

Thanksgiving always spelled "drama" in GG. Blair uninvited Serena to one of her Thanksgiving dinners after an ugly confrontation about Chuck, but later sorted out theirquarrel (like always). Remember that episode when Nate smacked Dan on the face duringDarena's first ever Thanksgiving dinner as a couple? We bet you all went, "Go Nate!". The Thanksgiving dining table was a zone for friend and family drama.

(Seas0n 1 x 09, Season 6 x 08)

the vampire diaries

If you're looking for some supernatural chills today, TVD is the show. Though there is only one episode dedicated to this holiday so far, it has enough blood, fangs-in-action andmagic packed into it. So, what are you waiting for? Fang on!

(Season 6 x 08)

a charlie brown thanksgiving

Now, this one is a classic. Who didn't love watching or reading Peanuts growing up? This very special holiday episode will definitely make you go "Awww". It tells us that, Thanksgiving is all about being grateful for what we have and being together with your family. 

pontiacbandit thumbnail
Happy Thanksgiving! 😃
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
wow the thread looks lovely @team 😆 {Always wanted to say that 🤣}
Loved the incorporation of the shows thanksgiving the most. Different and fun. The friends thanksgiving and HIMYM thanksgiving are forever memorable ❤️ Got reminded of them again 😃

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful that i am celebrating thanksgiving as a CC minion this year 😆
singh24 thumbnail

Edited by singh24 - 8 years ago
xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Happy Thanksgiving <3 I'm thankful to everything I have in my life, especially the people I'm surrounded with ❤️
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
happy thanksgiving India-Forums and it's members..
because of this forum, I built a lot of confidence in myself.. 
and I learnt a lot from here.. added 3 new hobbies and interest in my CV.. lol..
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Happy Thanksgiving and have a fab time with your families.
Dreamer3003 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Happy thanksgiving🥳
amazing thread
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Happy Thanksgiving to all.. 🤗
Awesome thread by u, CC's! 👏