•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi I just started watching this show yesterday and I just completed 25 episodes already on hotstar. But yeah I'm kinda disappointed to know that the trps of this show are not taking off. I hope it improves but what do you'll think could be the reason for the show's poor trps? I'd like to know your thoughts on this.
India me sirf sash bahu serial hi chalte hai.ashe acche serial ka trp hamesha low rehte hai
Originally posted by farabi

India me sirf sash bahu serial hi chalte hai.ashe acche serial ka trp hamesha low rehte hai

Then maybe unhe yeh serial online launch karna chahiye tha..   As a lot of people who prefer watching good shows like this usually prefer to do so through the internet hence the trps of the show go down.. They probably should promote it as online content.. I wish online audience was also counted for trps..
I was surprised too, given that they do have big names in the show, especially Tiku Talsania and Tanaaz Irani. The actors, in my opinion, are tons better than many in the saas-bahu serials we watch who only know how to chaalbaazi and cry. 
Maybe it's the timing of the show? Not sure when it shows in India, but where I am from it clashes with Bigg Boss on Colours at 11.30pm. Also I guess Like Ok as a channel isn't very big itself, not too many long-running shows here either...

I just hope that this show is allowed to run it's full course and we can enjoy a good share of Yug and Sophia and the whole gang :)
The
Originally posted by vita93

I was surprised too, given that they do have big names in the show, especially Tiku Talsania and Tanaaz Irani. The actors, in my opinion, are tons better than many in the saas-bahu serials we watch who only know how to chaalbaazi and cry.
Maybe it's the timing of the show? Not sure when it shows in India, but where I am from it clashes with Bigg Boss on Colours at 11.30pm. Also I guess Like Ok as a channel isn't very big itself, not too many long-running shows here either...

lets hope that this show is allowed to run it's full course and we can enjoy a good share of Yug and Sophia and the whole gang :)

The problem is the big names mentioned here are not the leads also the thing is if any of the big named stars were cast as the leads then the show definitely wouldn't run for a long time as the famous stars charge a lot of money plus lifeok as a channel is struggling for trps not just for one show but all its shows except for savdhaan India which is mostly because of its repeat telecasts throughout the day, hence signing big names could incur high losses, take Mahakumbh as an example where the producers thought signing in Gautam Rode would attract the audience and earn the show high trps but since it didn't work out they began to complain about losses, but yeah low trps for that show can also be attributed to its mytho-supernatural genre which only appeals to the young people who are busy throughout the day and probably don't have time for the show. If they want youth oriented shows to get good trps in general channels then they should give them a time slot that would allow the the younger people to watch the shows when they are free i.e. after work hours and dinner probably. The older audience is free throughout the day so yeah shows catering to their interests would mostly get high trps.Edited by Rein123 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Rein123

The problem is the big names mentioned here are not the leads also the thing is if any of the big named stars were cast as the leads then the show definitely wouldn't run for a long time as the famous stars charge a lot of money plus lifeok as a channel is struggling for trps not just for one show but all its shows except for savdhaan India which is mostly because of its repeat telecasts throughout the day, hence signing big names could incur high losses, take Mahakumbh as an example where the producers thought signing in Gautam Rode would attract the audience and earn the show high trps but since it didn't work out they began to complain about losses, but yeah low trps for that show can also be attributed to its mytho-supernatural genre which only appeals to the young people who are busy throughout the day and probably don't have time for the show. If they want youth oriented shows to get good trps in general channels then they should give them a time slot that would allow the the younger people to watch the shows when they are free i.e. after work hours and dinner probably. The older audience is free throughout the day so yeah shows catering to their interests would mostly get high trps.

(the underlined) is exactly why I watch the show on hotstar! the time slot is really bad for this show. Anytime from 9-12 would do good. Considering that the youth generally sleep late, so 12 would be good too.  Sad to know that a show like this has low trps
Edited by Tv_wale_babu - 8 years ago