turning the other cheek..

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS Saturday 7th November 2015 ep 78 My Take

Unwarranted grief is such that it cuts one up emotionally and internally. Small explosions happen inside,that which outsiders unless they are close fail to see on the surface. But if one is a good actor, one can conceal it from others and sometimes from oneself too. But then that would be to go into denial, by one, that is actually struck by grief. Except then, if one can manage it, one conceals it from others. Keeps it personal and private, for the time till one is ready to share it with others. However one thing goes without saying that one deals with unexpected grief in one's own time and one's own space..

All the world's a stage..The theatrics of Dashrant tripathi defies interpretation . So full of guile he is as we known him, that we are never quite sure if  his  words are true or untrue?  Before his whole immediate family he confesses that despite one  who is all knowing  a being  in whole of  Banaras. He still is ignorant about the comings and goings of his grandson Viplav. Het up ,he paces like an angry bull, as  he demands to know from anyone.. Meaning his wife, where and when  is Viplav  is likely to return home? Every one anticipates his return  but none know when? The waiting kills kanak . The waiting  dashrant  paces up and down for his prized trophy!

All the world's a stage! and in barges into the family lounge  the masked  ten headed monster, Rakhsas!  Before he came.. Viplav  must have decided, best make a masked  entry before his family as the Rakhsas! For, that is how she sees him now. That is the new appellative she has  hurled it him! but little does she know.. it's not new. she never really called him anything  other than this word Rakhsas ! She gave it and now he holds it close to his body! like life blood!  but what of the hurt within him.. he cannot let others see it ! so hide Viplav! behind the ten headed Rakhsas mask and  perform! Viplav! act normal! ..  who should spot him first? the woman who gave birth to him! his mother! who knows not the Viplav under the mask! She struggles with the mask ,so she can get to her son! what is this ?take it off! but Viplav cannot let off his mask. How can he? it's like doing away with his identity , his nature.. but she tugs at it and then pulls it down, careful mother ! it's my Rakhsas ! he emphasizes,  leaps at her  and mocks, even the gods themselves  fear the rakshasa! Dashrant wonders.. what is he on about?  Viplav cackles like a mad man.  Shalu  looks on what on earth is the matter with her beloved brother.. is this just another of his usual  masked pretend roles?? Viplav holds on to the  mask and  bops along to  Dashrant.. one should never underestimate the powers of the Rakhsas , aren't I right dada ji? it's like Viplav has seen the true  of this two timing face of Dashrant tripathi  such irony.. and this is my Rakhsas  rejoices Viplav as he raises  up high the ten headed monster  over his head!   Viplav Tirpathi's Rakhsas , now if ubar  can fill water there? and inder can graze his cow heee hoo heooohh! Then  why?? Shambu asks, what's the matter with you? but Viplav  only heeds to the one he trusts in this household his dadi..  are you mad ? what are you saying dadi asks ,and  he tearfully looks into dadi eyes .. his ears ring with  Dhani's words.. you were a Rakhsas ! are a rakhas and remain a Rakhsas forever.. oooh the cold ,pure hate in her eyes... Viplav  doubles his chin like a snubbed ,terribly bruised child. .and then he  twists his head and  startles her, because dadi I  am a Rakhsas! .now look you should be happy your grandson has come home! now come  lets go have to talk to you about loads. He insists and wishes to leave with the woman he loves in this family. Dashrant wants him too.. he wants to enjoy the spoils of the war! wants to hear how Viplav was bashed at  the hands of the widows!  but Viplav  rejects his attention  and declares, not now! today he will not take questions  or  give answers to anyone! Good wishes and good night he sends kisses to  Dashrant who yells  get rid of that thing!  Viplav replies possessively,  what are you saying dada ji??this is my very own Rakhsas!  even if you wanted you cannot remove it! he turns to his mother, the thing is maa , Rakhsas now lives in my heart! beats me why people burn the Rakhsas outside, it's the one inside our hearts that needs to be set alight!..good night and he takes dadi by the hand and leads her out of the room.. once again shows how he prefers her company rather than that of his own mother.. leaving every one hurt  and confused.. to me the scene was similar to Hamlet,prince of Denmark.. where he dons a condition, whereby all around him question his state of mind.. but ones close to the prince, sense a "method in his madness.." his mother's adulterous relationship with his uncle , her marriage to his uncle and above all the plot by his uncle  to kill his father the king..so Hamlet's actions and behaviour was  to  steal specifically his mother's peace whom ,he feels cheated on his father.. in short,  Hamlet's trust was betrayed.. Viplav too is hurt badly  by  a friend ,something  he never expected. His family he knows his dada and his mother.. were desperate for him to return home.. he also knows  it's is only touch and go between the Ashram ,widows ,his mother and Kanak.. almost in veiled, masked , bitterness he  tells his mother and dada in particular, that this is not your old Viplav a mere child. Here before you is a changed Viplav deal with him now! mad or not!.. conceals what smarts him.. and prefers to receive his solace from dadi  rather than them.. the point of the scene was  to have an impact on  Dashrant and Kanak.. and it has a worrying ,negative impact..  ironically he refers to the burning the Rakhsas they have inside their hearts.. the bias and prejudice ,disparity , they have to all vulnerable ones.

Yes it's true .. Rakhsas .. her Rakhsas has now gone.. now all that's left is her tears shed in the quiet solitude of the night. Some light is aglow in her. That light pours forth memories of times spent with him. times when  there were no tears  but laughter at the sight of seeing  him frightened of a creepy crawly cockcroach .. the cheek and audacity  when he came  bare chested and concealed himself in her  white sari! now there's no laughter ,only the feel of warm tears  being shed  in the darkness of the night..  colours came, he brought them but now they are gone.. how could he betray her trust? seeing him with Lala, being given the file by his dada ji, with the insinuation  it was Viplav. her eyes don't lie. besides his dadi ji  gave her the file .. why would he chose the welfare of the widows ? and apologize  on  his grandson's behalf??  that is the question Dhani , needs an answer for.. why  did maha Guru  point out Viplav's  folly of to her?.. think Dhani..

Back in his den.. almost lifeless. Here he can be himself, he is with the one who loves him and he loves her as she is the only one who knows him. His needs and wants. His dadi. Only she can take his mask away from him. He only allows her.. yes she goes for a glass of water for him. he needs it. both his throat and spirit is parched.

With lack lustre eyes he stares at the Rakhsas mask dadi put on the table before him. On the mask he can clearly see.. how his face went to the side  at the feel of her slap on his stubble cheek! Her words of calling him rakhsas  three times! She felt he was one, is, and will remain so a rakhsas.. Love is what he needs . Someone who can help him have a catharsis.. Dadi asks him what made him act the way he did down stairs?  Did something happen? Slowly he begins.. without any  energy.. Today before all dhani slapped me across the face. She suspects me... can you imagine dadi ? she thinks I want to snatch her ashram from her.. What a ridiculous idea. Why would I want it? It hurts me when I think I left the comforts of my own home and moved in with them so I could understand  and become sensitive to the hardships they face.. I did so much for them. Yet that girl disregarded everything and only repaid  me by doubting my intentions.. She doubts me. I don't know what else to say.. You tell me dadi can I  think so low? she kisses him, am I  so bad dadi? And she replies no.. With another kiss on his forehead.. and Viplav falls in the sided embrace of his dadi and nuzzles his head in the warmth nape of her neck, and closes his eyes for peace and consolation.. For Viplav knows that she is the consistent figure head of goodness in this house for him. For it's dadi who will not pass a negative judgement on dhani..and that in itself is an immediate  calming factor for Viplav that which both him and his dadi know.

Dhani  keeps vikal babu her Rakhsas memory alive.. Sita  maa  tells every one  it's Dhani's request to decorate the Ashram and  ensure everyone is happy. Sheepishly ,to cover up her obvious hatred and sharp tongue against Viplav.. Dulari ,she regrets what happened ,as  she's not as hard  hearted as she is made out to be... but she has concerns that he might  return.. In fact she doesn't even want him anywhere near the Ashram  and start trouble for them. Dhani  runs up to her mother, embraces and kisses her and  assures her nothing to worry , as they have the papers and he can't get to them. Dhani wants to show the rest of the widows ,all is well between her and her mother..but she still believes that vilplav wants to snatch the Ashram from them.  Suvarna is pinning decorations on the wall. suddenly she feels queasy,  stumbles and is helped down.. she runs to retch. Upon questioning she explains due to fasting and then breaking of it she over ate.. she is taken to rest.. Dhani gives her water.. and goes quickly to get  medicine... as she opens the drawer for the tablets she spots his receipt for the pawn broker.. where he pawned his gold medal.. angrily she holds it up to her face. I don't want any support from  that Rakhsas ,he cheated me! tried to snatch my Ashram! so don't want any of his favours !and she decides what to do with it! ..is this then the excuse Dhani is seeking to check on him??

To catch a thief.. this time, it's  daybreak. Viplav's out of the house, and he is with friends. Will he maintain the tired calm he showed with dadi? Atop the bonnet of his jeep he sits and stares into space. Raj asks him if the thief who stole the file was caught? such luck these widows have, always in one trouble or another?. But then one look at Viplav's face Raj empowers Viplav and reminds him that he was like a messiah for the Ashram widows, otherwise heaven knows what would have happened to them? especially that poor Dhani? Viplav sharply turns his face, flares his nostrils, with a sided stare, gives Raj a reply.. to hell with Dhani! and to hell with the Ashram! hear this clearly! she is not helpless! only selfish! only a user!  doing a good deed for anyone in this world! look how big is the Tirpathi name in Banaras!  put that on the line for her! what did I get in return? sent my mother to apologize, to her! because I felt  Dhani was right! but it was I who was wrong!.. Viplav cries out helplessly, for heaven sake at least tell me my mistake? but it's me! I am so stupid!! considered them my own!,It's  understandable that the penny drops for Viplav now as he gradually tries to pick up the pieces of what has happened? a little anger is perhaps a good thing. but will it make his heart grow fonder for Dhani?despite the self blame in him.. it all leads to Dhani.

Rajlaxmi is not entirely convinced about Suvarna's story. But if she is pregnant which is a question mark? Then is Tripurari the father? what bearing will this have on a certain marriage that is being planned?

Two of a kind, Dashrant and Kanak continue to use and deceive each other.. Kanak's craftily eyes  the mighty patriarch, only looks out that his wealth is contained within the family only for her.

Dashrant uses Durga for his dirty task of teaching that Dhani  a lesson. He manipulates both mother and son into accepting Dhani as an appropriate wife for Tripurari. Tripurari accepts his mother and his most hated father's decision. For anything that will hurt Viplav and please Dashrant.. he will with pleasure do.  besides he quite fancies  this Dhani.. how she continues to blooms like a flower.. another flower to be dded to his vase.. hark! Suvarna might be pregnant what of that? While this rishta is being set Dhani turns up in the Ashram to  check on some unnamed bond..

Well I'll be damned! If it's not thegreat Dhani from the Ashram in my house? mocks Viplav as he finds Dhani  standing in the lounge...Dhani ji in his house? heavens I can't believe it! he scoffs sits on the settee, crosses his legs , with bare feet that point  rudely at her.. a guest? not for Viplav! he only sees one who has christened him Rakhsas!   a doubting Dhani ji! .. he looks up across her face, like one spaced in mind. Stops  his servant from serving her a glass of water ! scathes her with words like she did,hey!  you crazy why would Dhani ji drink water from this Rakhsas's house? surely she will not defile herself!  here give me the glass of water!  angrily he looks at Dhani, and slowly  pours the water from the glass onto the  floor with glares that kill ..as if he washes his hands off her.. sets her free ,purifies her from this rakhasas that he is ..then he throws the glass in the space  between her and him. he watches her, gives her the message of distancing himself from her . Bides his servant to ask her what is her business? he doesn't have time for her to waste.. Dhani insists she will tell him herself.

Such attitude she shows me.. well, I have more to give her! hurt her like she hurt me! on pieces on broken glass I walk to her.. yes watch my pain! Dhani ji! and hurt yourself! see what you have done to the happy Viplav.. you have turned him mad by your doubt!  back her out of your house Viplav! like she did but give her a mouthful too.. look you ! I extended a hand of friendship towards you...did you not get that? but you turned it down..so tell fast what you want.. don't have the time.. may be, you spared this cheek.. here it is! go for it! and then leave!  and Dhani is out of the threshold  of his house.. Viplav backs her out..

Such a fine episode. Very moving, for the very first time I see anger in viplav.. or is it  love? but hark! he said to her he offered her  his friendship... I am speechless..  Hamlet53 8.11. 15

Precap:  Dhani screams at him,,such a fool  I was, everyone tried to convince me about you but no I was so deaf and blind! It's a good that I found about the truth about you from your... child Dhani ,Dashrant interrupts.. Viplav asks did some  one say something  about me tell me! Viplav loses his rag.. Dashrant stands behind Dhani..

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hammie,it was a brilliant take on yesterday's episode,loved it a lotπŸ‘πŸ‘
I completely agree with the juxtaposition u made the internal turmoil of Viplav to that of Hamlet ,even,I had the very same perspective ,awaiting for the show because it has proved the dynamics out to be perfect terse,loved ur analysis a good reading for a great sunday😊😊
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Great analysis as ever Hammie.. Since I couldn't recognise his actual feelings for her.,?. Same question by people either he was in extreme rage, it's love or friendship, there is something more to convey words but only after marriage drama which I'm expecting until DT twisted barrier between them.. Hoping for the best episodes.. 
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rerose

Hammie,it was a brilliant take on yesterday's episode,loved it a lotπŸ‘πŸ‘

I completely agree with the juxtaposition u made the internal turmoil of Viplav to that of Hamlet ,even,I had the very same perspective ,awaiting for the show because it has proved the dynamics out to be perfect terse,loved ur analysis a good reading for a great sunday😊😊

thanks jenni... have to say.. i too loved it..especially his rakhsas entry scene.. make them guess.. playing mind games... I knew  you would see the Hamlet angle.. he is my most loved character of the  bard's  works..  if dhani did the dramatics on friday.. it was viplav who completed  it on saturday's episode..    thanks jen,  loved your comment..πŸ˜ƒ   much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

hi storiesdrama, thanks for reading and commenting.. much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocobrownies

Great analysis as ever Hammie.. Since I couldn't recognise his actual feelings for her.,?. Same question by people either he was in extreme rage, it's love or friendship, there is something more to convey words but only after marriage drama which I'm expecting until DT twisted barrier between them.. Hoping for the best episodes..

hi choco, great to see you and thanks for your interesting comment.. have to add that there's more to come from the scene that was started on Saturday.. from the precap seems  dhani is back in the house... waiting for monday now.. yes i agree hoping for  more great episodes.. much love hammie
VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
sorry hammie didn't checked ur post...bit busy in naagin forum...
another brilliant take..
hope ur having great weekend
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tarun1234567

sorry hammie didn't checked ur post...bit busy in naagin forum...

another brilliant take..
hope ur having great weekend

hi tarun,  thanks for going through the take.. yes thanks and hope you are too..  love hammie
Sasha_1939 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie just brilliant.
Was waiting for your analysis of the episode...

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sasha_1939

Hammie just brilliant.

Was waiting for your analysis of the episode...

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ

hi sasha,😊..  well the episode it self was seeing it  was believing it.. all actors were spot on in performance..thanks for reading and commenting   sasha, much love hammie