out of sight..not out of mind!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS 28th October 2015 ep 69 My Take

Change brings chaos. It brings in doing away with the old and embracing the new.That means making adjustments and adaptations to set in laid out ways rather than challenge the humdrum drudgery of life. Some people are rather content to be inactive and remain stuck to their old ways of life then to actively bring in corrections. Passive resistance too is a comfortable way of life. It keeps one out of controversy .but then time expects one to change, for if one doesn't life will  still move on  with or without that person.. in particular I think of Dulari... Good byes can be painful. Sometimes an avoidance of the formality is better, short! sharp! and swift! and it's over and done.. but the feeling till we meet again remains...

Domestic clang and bang.. while Dashrant is about to sip tea served by his wife. an irate  Viplav's mother rants to babu ji about her son being jeered and pelted shoes at by people , whilst he allowed it to happen.. does it mean that he  too has been unsuccessful  in bringing back her son home.. it's Kanak's jibe that now both her and Dashrant are at an equal footing . For him to answer her is beneath his dignity so he walks off by her yells she is at a loss to understand why he is not taking any action? He will have to prevent that debase cheap widow from snatching viplav from them forever! Sushma challenges her and insists that dhani is a sincere, simple. traditional girl she won't snatch as she vowed but ensure that viplav returns to his family by dushera. It takes a good soul to recognize another good soul

Low spirits at the Ashram a sense of being deserted at the loss of Viplav's departure . Sita maa is devastated and feels cheated by god , robbed of their joys.. yet again.  Dulari thinks it's a great idea that he's going home to his family... she fears that fire is best in the hearth ,for when it  comes out, it sets all around on fire.. she senses already the  tone of change  that Viplav harps on about, has left sparks in other hearts in the Ashram too. Dulari yet again resists  change and prefers to stay stuck to her old ways. She is a classic example of passive resistance.  Just there hanging on to her traditions , allowing people to use and take advantage of her. She warns against being swept by viplav's progressive talk and ideas ,it will bring nothing but destruction for the ashram and the people who live in it. But  sita maa has her own  passion about obstructing viplav's departure thus dulari's  heart felt desire of seeing him leave.  The old lady cannot bear to say farewell and bids dhani to tell him they are all asleep.. Dulari faces opposition at the hands of a rather vocal Sita maa

At Viplav's home, Kanak  challenges Sushma's  belief  that Dhani will send Viplav home? seems she is the only one who disbelieves  as Dashrant too ignores her rant and leaves. She is being  seen as a woman without depth and full of melodrama !

Viplav sneaks down the stairs with his luggage , looks at  the restrooms that run off the  courtyard. he calls out as he parks his baggage near the door, where was everyone ? the rakhsas is living. Dhani replies they are in Sita mai's room..  asleep and he  creates a fuss like before and charges off to Sita mai's room, knocks  at the door. The widows stance is if they   don't answer the door he will not leave. But viplav cannot go past dhani in the  courtyard..he looks disappointed.. and implores her at least she should see him off at the door.. She does. He opens his arms and says, we say goodbye by hugging  each other but of course she can't be touched.. So how about a hand shake? She seems reluctant and he closes his palm...turns and slings his ruck sack on his shoulder , gives her a dreamy smile and  closes his palm over the  handle of his trolley .. Dhani opens the door for him. .allowing him to return to his family.. He walks past her sadly and seriously.. Steps down.. Then turns around and asks her most perplexed. Seems by looking at her face she is very upset by his leaving.? But he knows inwardly she must be  ecstatic. That at last the demon is leaving and she agrees, yes. She is pleased and he replies not just her but by the looks of it everybody else  too is .. None came to see him off, he annoyed every one that's why they are taking their revenge . he leaves and Dhani closes the door and looks at the inside of the Ashram.. stays by the door .. then a knock! Happily she opens the door.. she hopes he has changed his mind he can see that hope and expectancy in her eyes... she mocks him..you've come , I had to, he replies she says then come in.. he tells her he's left his watch. she goes to get it.. and he strolls back into the Ashram..  she gives it and he takes it then is tongue tied for a second as he stares at her then turns and walks away.. she calls out ..listen! and he stops in his tracks  and she says hope he hasn't forgotten anything else and he  says don't know  he'll find out after he's gone from this place.. she looks at his watch and says it's the same watch isn't it?and he replies with a laugh but it's time has changed.. he turns and leaves.. as Dhani watches him walk away from her for good..

Viplav returns home with his usual spunk and vibrancies his family receives him with the gusto expected. His dada ji asks if he's back for good? and he assures his family he's there for good.. symbolically his sister Shalu makes him wear a new  jacket  which means he is back in the  cover of his familial love.. and they all sing the Dashrant song  this time to denote family unity..where Viplav is received back into his fold ..

Out of sight but not out of mind! The women at the Ashram are signalled to come out of Sita maa's room .. Dhani tells them he's gone.. Viplav leaves behind a group  of widows.. who mourn his departure  Sita maa  weeps and turns hysterical when she realizes he has truly gone from the Ashram. Sita dadi's as Viplav called her, emotions represents the emotions  and attachment that both young and old felt for Viplav and his ways. Dulari is the only odd one out who always disliked and somewhat felt threatened by Viplav. Like Sita maa they all feel that Viplav only jests and he would jump over the wall and return  to the Ashram..  So many memories of his antics he has left behind for them to enjoy..the young Dhani gathers the old Sita maa and consoles Viplav has gone for their good.. so they can embrace life with a new found strength and resilience. Even in little things like jhumki's  child's play over the phone, is all about a pretend conversation  with Viplav whom she calls uncle !  poor Sita maa , hears things like a knock on the door that's how the rest of them feel too, that Viplav  will knock at the door any minute! All except Dulari who sticks out like a sore thumb! .. alas how the mind misses a loved one and hallucinates..  

Memories of how things were? Viplav recalls his forced entry into the Ashram! Dhani's face, the pest control session that turned their Ashram upside down!  the home cinema session, and the boiled potatoes! Yes how he has changed.. from what he was and what he is now.. surely he saw how the other  side lived.. poverty ,want, hardship, persecuted lot.. whom he gave a little bit of his knowledge and gained perseverance, discipline and love...

Serving Sita maa food ..Dhani uses his name as an inspiration to cajole people into  living life! after his departure..

Dadi's thank you phone call  to Dhani for returning Viplav back to his family..  ties in with   what Viplav had said.. "when elders give blessings ,it means one has done a good deed".. Dhani relays her message for Viplav.. all is good at the Ashram , as she has made kheer to show they  are moving on with life  carrying  a smile in their hearts... Also gives a tip to dadi to make him kheer on her behalf!

Viplav mopes on his bed missing the Ashram..asks his dadi for boiled potatoes  and instead gets served with kheer!  She gives him the sweet news she spoke to Dhani..

"I just called to say I love you".. after eating kheer, Viplav gets the go ahead from his heart and he phones her to show her he too is getting on.. yes it is him.. he teases, he knows what she's up to?.. what? making a flower garland! Say something .. no nothing to  say.. ok tell me if you misses me? he misses them all terribly , her.. even that well!  tell me ,my dadi rang you all today, it's nice to know two old ladies got to know each other.. and Dhani says calmly , dadi spoke to her.. and he says that's right,  you're the oldest lady at the ashram ! she yells  you calling me an oldie and he chuckles yes..  till you don't blow your top at me I can't get to sleep! so yell at me for one last time please! and she says , I haven't yelled at you since the past few days and he says ,that's why he couldn't get any sleep.. Dhani says, everyone at the Ashram misses you a lot and he gets chaffed ,really! I was sure I would be missed , thing is I am such a nice guy.. it was pointless  to get angry at me. I knew I'd be missed when I leave the Ashram! especially by you.. isn't that right? Dhani just lowers her eyes.. and remains silent..  what a marvel .. the phone  call, brings them closer. Puts to an an  end the feeling of hopelessness that  one has gone for good. Viplav, assumption that she misses him is a consolation for Dhani.  It's like he asked the right question and her silence gave him the reply he perhaps wanted to know. By now, words weren't really a necessity ..to sense an emotion suffices..

A lovely episode, especially the ladies Viplav leaves behind  in the Ashram.. and how Dhani  does become a dadi amma  of the Ashram , giving the broken widows ,all except her mother TLC.. Notice how Dulari ends  up with the head.. it's the sight of  the many Viplav's left behind before her in the Ashram! Hamlet53 29.10.15

Precap: Raj laxmi opens the door to a sage! Dressed in a saffron robe with dreadlocks.. He claims  to foretell their future.. they all kneel before him.. to Dulari he says, he can tell she worries about her daughter.. she replies she does, as her daughter is a widow.. he replies no need to worry about your daughter, she's brave, although  she's  a bit daft, feisty , tells others off  in little things! and Dhani looks at the sadhu.. he sounds very familiar..looks like  rakshsas is back!  not over the wall but through the front door!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guruvishva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Another perfect piece dear 👏👏
Just loved it 😳😳

Yes how he has changed.. from what he was and what he is now.. surely he saw how the other  side lived.. poverty ,want, hardship, persecuted lot.. whom he gave a little bit of his knowledge and gained perseverance, discipline and love...
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guruvishva

Another perfect piece dear 👏👏

Just loved it 😳😳

Yes how he has changed.. from what he was and what he is now.. surely he saw how the other  side lived.. poverty ,want, hardship, persecuted lot.. whom he gave a little bit of his knowledge and gained perseverance, discipline and love...

helooo radnes..  good to see you having a break..   thanks for reading mate,    and as ever giving a lovely encouraging comment , much love hammie.. going to bed now🥱  3am uk..
Guruvishva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

helooo radnes..  good to see you having a break..   thanks for reading mate,    and as ever giving a lovely encouraging comment , much love hammie.. going to bed now🥱  3am uk..

It was relieving to read this 😳 with pleasure 😳
Good night 😉
Sweet dreams ..have a right sleep 😳
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely analysis Hammie..!! 
Yesterday it's a touchy episode ended with funny moments. Hoping to the blasting episodes..!! 
Each scene looks so sweet and intercepted with coming shots.!! 
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hello Hammie. 
Thanks for writing these interesting analysis about yesterday's episode. You know . You made it look better in my eyes, coz somehow I felt disappointed that Dhani looked calm while watching Viplav leaving the ashram. I expected her to break down ..or at least , I wanted to see some falshbacks of ViDha's moments in ashram with a song playing in the back ground. This may show how ViDha's friendship is strong..and this will make the leaving scene more impactful. 

Isn't it strange that the things which I was complaining about them in LTL , like dragging, flashbacks, songs, slaw motion, became the same things which I am dying to watch in IKRS?
I am eagerly waiting for more effective scenes which make viewers feel more pain of ViDha's judaai. 

Any way. I enjoyed the episode. Viplav is happy, but sad. I am waiting for love realization. No more games.
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hi,Hammie missed few our takes,had exams but now I have caught up with this take,what to say as usual a brilliant take,that points out to all dimensions of the episode,brilliant take,wonderful job Hammie,loved it a lot👏👏👏
skydome thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Perfect title, and perfect headline " called to say I love you".
Hammie- one question: on Saturday, towards the end of the episode Viplov tld Dhani to on the bench because he had something important to say, then he sat and moved closer to her - did you hear what Viplov told DHANi?
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocobrownies

Lovely analysis Hammie..!! 

Yesterday it's a touchy episode ended with funny moments. Hoping to the blasting episodes..!! 
Each scene looks so sweet and intercepted with coming shots.!! 

hi choco. cheers for enjoying the take..  have to say felt low at first but then perked up😃..    keep eating chocobrownies..😃.. much love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Hello Hammie.  hi awida good to see you

Thanks for writing these interesting analysis about yesterday's episode. You know . You made it look better in my eyes, coz somehow I felt disappointed that Dhani looked calm while watching Viplav leaving the ashram. I expected her to break down ..or at least , I wanted to see some falshbacks of ViDha's moments in ashram with a song playing in the back ground. This may show how ViDha's friendship is strong..and this will make the leaving scene more impactful. 
ohhh good made  me feel  sad at their parting but the blessed phone call made me smile at the connection
Isn't it strange that the things which I was complaining about them in LTL , like dragging, flashbacks, songs, slaw motion, became the same things which I am dying to watch in IKRS?
I am eagerly waiting for more effective scenes which make viewers feel more pain of ViDha's judaai. 
did you see LTL is locked please see my message on uwith's post.. will amend
Any way. I enjoyed the episode. Viplav is happy, but sad. I am waiting for love realization. No more games.
😆 loved your  last line yeah no more   faffing about get to the point..😃 much love and thanks for your encouraging comment always