Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

IKRS 16th October 2015 ep 59 My Take.

The saying goes a man's way to his heart goes through his stomach.. here in the opening scene  it's somehow clear that Viplav tries this technique  with all the  widows  but predominantly  it's the way to Dhani's coronary unit that he seeks. I find the inclusion of a male  enjoying  and actually  putting together a dish is a pleasant deviation from the theme that cooking or meal preparation is only  strictly the domain of the woman.A man who can cook for himself is a handy skill like a woman can change a busted tyre! A cooking Viplav suits his image and seems credible too..as he was at uni possibly in the halls where pupils tend to show and share their culinary  skills to each other.. I am pleasantly surprised how his knack of preparing a wide selection of the aloo chat that caters to every one;s taste is so well received in the Ashram. Also appreciation to him how he uses a lowly  starter dish of  aloo chat in a manner, whereby he literally adds spice to the bland life of the widows.Spice  of course accentuates taste of a dish ,plus has  medicinal value. The humble yet fulfilling  root vegetable the potato  acts as Viplav's appreciation of their way of life...  

Dhani strings him along . .admits the savoury  spicy  snack is tasty but it's not her verbal praise that he wants but  it's her hand in friendship.. generally too his efforts at cooking are appreciated and with immense fondness , he associates  his success to his  dadi  whom he admits he loves dearly and  considers  her as his  best friend one with him he shares  everything.. his words are a message  for Dhani of course.. he wishes her to be  someone with whom he can offload all his joys, sorrows and concerns.. but Dulari takes his words as an opportunity to convince, him to return to his own home. he agrees  to leave.. they all  hold  their breath and in very next instance ..Viplav  who is forever prepared, wields his tool of asking them for repayment of his fees in full!  then, he will leave the Ashram for good and return home to his family!  Viplav teases and Dhani  offers him a green chilli so his mouth is on fire.. submissively he goes to her, opens his mouth wide so  she can pop it into his mouth! but she pulls herself back ,he glares at her and turns and goes away in  a sulk , says clearly to her face ,   let me know when you decide ,  to be this rakhshas's  friend then come to me!

The people who  lost faith in him, now  come shamefaced before Dashrant and admit their folly of frowning about Viplav living at  the Ashram which was  a creditable  allowance on Dashrant's   part that he granted on his grand son.. The pandits beg for his forgiveness and instead leave him the keys of the mandir  and all the power that goes along with it.. Dashrant looks at the keys  and muses.. amazing how the loathed widows and that confounded  Ashram has in fact returned  him his past  power and glory.

Viplav makes morning tea.. and Dhani comes down the stairs and startles him in the tea tasting ceremony.. she question,  is he unwell ?or going out to be up so early? Viplav replies he 's on top of the world , thought to make himself a cuppa.. he offers her tea and she declines  he points out living at the Ashram  he too is getting into the  nasty habit of waking up early.. she retorts , stick around here and  he'll learn for  himself if he's changing for the  better or worse!  he sneers your mind is on a roll in the morning isn't it.. she goes to the kitchen, returns with a plate of spiced potatoes.. Viplav tongue twists aloo chat? here in the Ashram ,without a festival?  for him? early in the morning? he nearly loses his voice! chuckling ,he accepts it  as she says , thing is, her friend likes spicy food.. Viplav goes into a reverie with a disoriented smile on his face, Dhani flashes her hand before his face to check if he is alright.. and he says spellbound , she called me a friend ..ha!  then smiles at her and says , it's true good things come to who wait ,at least you called this rakhsas  your friend. thank you! he picks at the aloo chat and moans hey ! there no salt in this and it's full of chilli! you planning to kill me or what? Dhani  replies but she did add the spices and he tells her to try it and she does, says it's fine  and he smiles and says mind blowing! sharing food early in the morning doubles the taste of food! .. she snubs him , he just like to waste time and crack jokes  ,she has to go get flowers. Dhani reaches for the basket and her hand hurts; he grabs the basket where her hand is ;their eyes meet; she lets go of the basket and holds it and Viplav  declares ,he 's going to the mandir as well!.. she says there's no need! and tries to take the basket from him;  he pulls it back and argues, why?  she called him  her  friend  just now!  how can she talk to  to a fried like that so early in the morning,.. then  Viplav  moans, dear god  what's happening to him? his habits  are getting  warped , like her! he staying in the Ashram too..god  he's changing!  He talks like a demented person and Dhani looks at his face and gives up , come on then!

At the fruit vendor Viplav gets on Dhani's case as she picks   fresh flowers  and collects in her basket.. that she's as slow as a tortoise, and then  bypasses her and begins to collect any old flower willy nily! she grabs his hand ; he  gives her a sided devilish  look; she moves her palm back ,tells him off for picking dead dry flowers!.. she reprimands him like a child to move back and stay there! he tells her to hurry up . Dhani  asks  for the due price and  the vendor quotes her a price that is fleecing her! but he says , that's the price take it or leave it ,don't waste my time.. Viplav comes to the vendor   and takes him to task , no way to talk to a  goddess and the vendor says where the goddess ? Viplav pulls a hand written sign on the cart that reads that all customers are like gods and goddesses..   then Viplav  turns  aggressive and wants to rough up the flower vendor. Dhani tells him off and tells him to step back.. she teaches him that  disputes can be sorted without being violent.. he sulks as he holds the flower basket.. and steals a cheeky  smile at her , as she pays the flower vendor.. after this he wants to know what next? and she says the mandir . he whinges , he's tired! and she  sneers back, who told him to wake up at sunrise with her and accompany  her? and he says it was your mum who said go with buchiya.

Then he asks her how much does she get  paid for the flower garlands and the wicks and tapers. The price she tells him doesn't impress him and he knows what he next needs to do to empower the widows. Train them to fight for their dues, as the widows are duped by traders into not being the right amount for their labours.

The temple becomes the meeting place of two good souls. Dhani offers a hand of support to a swooning Durga,notices her burn and  so one thing leads to another as Durga narrates her mishap.. Tripurari  arrives , pulls a face at  Dhani.. but can see Dhani  actually tends to his mother..  Tripurari  discloses to Dhani  where  they  have been rehoused..  is this some sort  of a  snare for Dhani or throwing the spanner in the works  by Tripurari?.. still Dhani tells her mother in no uncertain terms, that  she shall be going to apply treatment to Durga even it means going to  maha pandit's home. For Dhani it's an opportunity to return the favour that Durga bestowed upon her when she boldly protected  her virtue in the market.  This ties in with Dhani's nature of repaying one's good deed.. this time to share her expertise  to bring healing upon Durga.. Dulari as usual thinks like a mother and dissuades her daughters inherent nature of helping others.. Dhani manages to convince her mother and arrives at the hivali.. Dashrant is informed about her arrival but this throws off Kanak ..and once again she begins to influence DT about Dhani's opportunistic  action of sneaking her way back to this house hold under the pretext of  being a healer.. Kanak is basically warped in mind, is unable to see any worth in people's actions.. it's understandable though,  her hatred towards  two people Durga and Dhani.Due to both, her ranking has coming crashing down in Dashrant's eyes.. but Kanak and her petty low level rubbish against Dhani is  thrown out of the window by Dashrant and instead ,she is  shown her place..

Dhani visits the ailing Durga with treatment at hand.. she is well received by Durga , but not so well by Tripurari.. but he can hear the regard , love and care Dhani shows practically.. he can see a bond of virtuous connection between these two women.. one a denounced widow , and the other his mother  not a widow ,but still no less in worth.

Flurry of activity at the Ashram..  Viplav enquires about Dhani , is told she has gone to  offer her services at  his house. Dulari never spares a moment  to taunt Viplav and tells his ..not to be anxious about her she can look after herself! but Viplav is not to sure about that..

Tripurai tries his hand at winning Dashrant's trust by informing him Dhani's around  to apply  healing paste to his mother should he kick her out??.. it's stale news for him of course as he knows already.. he allowed it in the first place.. but Dashrant shows Tripurari his place too.  like Kanak.. Dashrant has his own plans which he keeps to himself.. discloses only at the right moment.. so sends Tripurari off at an errand. Dhani returns again to apply the second coat of the healing paste upon Durga's burn.. this burn is a scarring, an ill treatment,  an inhuman attitude  women like Dhani a widow, and Durga an unwed mother have to bear in society..

Just when Dhani thinks it's safe to return.. her job done.. Dashrant calls out for her..calls her child ,enquires about Viplav. She praises Viplav's efforts refers to him as  very helpful . Dashrant again uses Viplav's strengths to promote himself.. makes it know to her that he is bearing Viplav's absence, as he is helping you all.. he wins her trust and thinks of a plan to lure her back into the house..  Sushma his  wife comes in handy to trap the soft target.. wants to send some of Viplav's stuff back with her..

Spicy episode..  tasty scenes between Viplav and Dhani..  Hamlet53 17.10.15..

Precap: Dashrant sends Dhani  with Sushma to Viplav's room.. he wants Dhani to see what  kind environment Viplav lives in, what his needs are..hopefully that will  give  her awareness of the difference of status  between her and Viplav..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Wow Hammie Kya bhaat hai yaar,ur title made me soo amazed ,for ur title alone ,this is my appreciation๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  Just loved Hammie dr,ya ur absolutely right Spicy episode,their tastes are quite spicy thei love will also be spicy is what I think in furture,Awesome analysis Hammie dear,I just loved it asusual,it was soo awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Must say A very suggestive title lol spice up my life!
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic update, dear Hammie! Thank you. The take proceeds very smoothly and is as delectable as the aloo chat prepared by Vip.

Dasharath has to reorganise his priorities and his moral attitudes in a hurry. You were very astute to point out that Dasharath saw that his status was returned because of the very widows he called unfortunate. Furthermore, it is yet to strike him that his ladla pota is alive because of the widow, Dhani, saving his life by taking the knife in her bare hands.

Dasharath is at an interesting cross-roads. All that matters to him are his power and pelf, and he will do all it takes to protect them. However, his move of sending Dhani to Vip's room is not going accomplish anything. First off, Vip's room, looks like more like an adolescent's room, rather than an adult's. What with the ball and the trophies, it is more a testament to a sullen spoiled boy, that Vip was, rather than the fun-loving spontaneous, yet responsible adult that he has now become. In a way, it is correct to say that this is no longer his room in the sense that it does not reflect who he is now. The ball, the trophies, etc are archaeological remnants of a ruined brat, for whom all that mattered were his friends, his outings,  and his pleasure. Even if Dhani were to be impressed by the room, let's say, she is powerless to make Viplav go back to it, for two reasons: 1. Vip has undergone a big change and cannot relate to the room in the same way anymore, and 2. Vip has a mind of his own and will not listen to Dhani about leaving the ashram.

Dasharath is seeking Dhani's help to bring back his grandson into a moulded (mouldy??) familial perception of who he thinks Vip is. The room represents a golden cage of happy-go-lucky attitude, and conformity to dysfunctional familial definitions of filial duties and responsibilities in the name of love. It reminds me of how the young prince Siddharth, who later became Gautama Buddha was raised in a similar manner in his father's palace. Siddharth was sheltered from the underbelly of life, from death, disease, and old age, for the fear of the prophesy --that any contact with sorrow of any kind would make him renounce the world-- coming true. In the same way, Vip has been protected from all that is nasty in Benaras, starting with the attitudes of his own mother, and the double standards of his grandfather.

Vip's stay at the ashram has been a spiritual boot camp and an awakening. Going back to his old room and living his previous life would be tantamount to trying to fit into shoes that one has already outgrown. How can Dasharath turn back the clock? How can he prevent the changes in Viplav that have already taken place? Let us wait and see.

Edited by aimf - 8 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rerose

Wow Hammie Kya bhaat hai yaar,ur title made me soo amazed ,for ur title alone ,this is my appreciation๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Just loved Hammie dr,ya ur absolutely right Spicy episode,their tastes are quite spicy thei love will also be spicy is what I think in furture,Awesome analysis Hammie dear,I just loved it asusual,it was soo awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

hi jenni.. saw  your great post on dutta .. ummh on laagi ,not here๐Ÿ˜†.. here    i thought of your  kheer poem.. and thought now jenni needs to  make a   tasty  aloo chat poem..๐Ÿ˜†   i   Iike papri chaat.. yum.. crunchy..  cheers  for reading and commenting  much  love  hammie
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

hi jenni.. saw  your great post on dutta .. ummh on laagi ,not here๐Ÿ˜†.. here    i thought of your  kheer poem.. and thought now jenni needs to  make a   tasty  aloo chat poem..๐Ÿ˜†   i   Iike papri chaat.. yum.. crunchy..  cheers  for reading and commenting  much  love  hammie

Ur welcome Hammie dear ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ thanks a lot for reading those works dear and for sure,I will do it on the chat too even I loved that chat becz he prepared it na,offcourse it will be delicious to eat,Hammie ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: stranger2rose

Must say A very suggestive title lol spice up my life!

ek plate viplav /mishal  with  dahi and hari mirch maar ke for  rosie ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. here eat  ! like it??

rukiaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
agreed with the title ...episode one after another spicing us up๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...your post is again amazing, superb and spicy๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰..sorry for not frequently replying to your post..๐Ÿ˜”
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimf

hi aimf, great to see you ..
Fantastic update, dear Hammie! Thank you. The take proceeds very smoothly and is as delectable as the aloo chat prepared by Vip.
thanks.. i told jenni a chaat poem from her now, personally I love an admix of fruit and chickpea chaat..
Dasharath has to reorganise his priorities and his moral attitudes in a hurry. You were very astute to point out that Dasharath saw that his status was returned because of the very widows he called unfortunate. Furthermore, it is yet to strike him that his ladla pota is alive because of the widow, Dhani, saving his life by taking the knife in her bare hands.
yes.. but the musical suspense is building on his continuing ..? evil  eye on her dhani
Dasharath is at an interesting cross-roads. All that matters to him are his power and pelf, and he will do all it takes to protect them. However, his move of sending Dhani to Vip's room is not going accomplish anything. First off, Vip's room, looks like more like an adolescent's room, rather than an adult's. What with the ball and the trophies, it is more a testament to a sullen spoiled boy, that Vip was, rather than the fun-loving spontaneous, yet responsible adult that he has now become. In a way, it is correct to say that this is no longer his room in the sense that it does not reflect who he is now. The ball, the trophies, etc are archaeological remnants of a ruined brat, for whom all that mattered were his friends, his outings,  and his pleasure. Even if Dhani were to be impressed by the room, let's say, she is powerless to make Viplav go back to it, for two reasons: 1. Vip has undergone a big change and cannot relate to the room in the same way anymore, and 2. Vip has a mind of his own and will not listen to Dhani about leaving the ashram.
this  is  super   explanation.. i havent seen today's episode yet.. but yes  viplav's room is his privacy and his past.. ok he has moved on.. but people are touchy about their belongings.. like as in memories..
Dasharath is seeking Dhani's help to bring back his grandson into a moulded (mouldy??)
๐Ÿ˜†   bravo   in his image..
familial perception of who he thinks Vip is. The room represents a golden cage of happy-go-lucky attitude, and conformity to dysfunctional familial definitions of filial duties and responsibilities in the name of love. It reminds me of how the young prince Siddharth, who later became Gautama Buddha was raised in a similar manner in his father's palace. Siddharth was sheltered from the underbelly of life, from death, disease, and old age, for the fear of the prophesy --that any contact with sorrow of any kind would make him renounce the world-- coming true. In the same way, Vip has been protected from all that is nasty in Benaras, starting with the attitudes of his own mother, and the double standards of his grandfather.
thanks for this brilliant analogy.. almost throws light on today's   episode.. Iam  looking forward to seeing it.. well reading your profound   comment.. viplav  has certainly  grown up...  basically  dashrant   was bringing him up as a shallow man.. pity what is the point of getting a piece of paper?  we have this atttiude in middle class people  and their children.. creme dela  creme!
Vip's stay at the ashram has been a spiritual boot camp and an awakening. Going back to his old room and living his previous life would be tantamount to trying to fit into shoes that one has already outgrown. How can Dasharath turn back the clock? How can he prevent the changes in Viplav that have already taken place? Let us wait and see.
aimf  thanks for such a great  comment.. it draws upon the true spirit of the assault  dashrant wants to carry upon  dhani..    much love and you have a super  weekend..  hammie 

VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hello hammie dear...missed ur posts badly...
saw it a while ago but couldn't comment so fast due to big boss aired at that time...
hmmm interesting title...spice up my life...
already viplav made all their life spicier when he entered into ashram...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...
but interesting thing is all the ashram people enjoyed it so much..
especially dulaari and dhaani enjoyed it to the core...
mostly dulaari's smile caught me for the first time when viplav done something good for them...
well if u want to win one's heart u have to be good at cooking and serving๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...
viplav has done both things at a time...

so story is on right track present...ashram case has to be opened very soon...
cv's has to concentrate on that...

Edited by tarun1234567 - 8 years ago