Nahin nahin, ‘Abhi’ nahin - ash

sus143 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Shaadi se pehle: Aishwarya Rai

Nahin nahin, 'Abhi' nahin

Aishwarya Rai denies rumours of her impending marriage with Abhishek Bachchan. Yet again

Subhash K Jha

Aishwarya Rai is more exasperated than amused by the stories of her impending marriage. "Who's doing all these shaadi soap operas with my life? I don't know. Maybe you can enlighten me. One TV channel got seriously imaginative. They actually put together film clippings, voice-overs and background music to do a shaadi story on me and Abhishek. Full marks for imagination! But when you bring someone's old and seriously ailing family member into your soap opera (the report on an electronic channel had a voice impersonating Abhishek's grandmom, Teji Bachchan), then you're offending more than just good taste. It's not nice to drag elderly and ailing family members into a story just to prove a preposterous point," she says.

Taking a deep breath Aishwarya continues, "I've absolutely no plans for marriage in the near future. Earlier there was that whole episode about my kundali.
I thought that was the end of the marriage episode in the ongoing soap opera of my life. But it just goes on and on. Now people are setting dates for my marriage. They might as well decide the venue, print the cards and invite me for my own wedding."

Perhaps the whole world wants her to get married? "I'm glad that they feel so strongly about it. But I've to feel the urge to marry and the time has to be right before I can oblige my well-wishers," she replies. "When there's a marriage, I won't hide it. I'll stand on the rooftops and talk about it. For now, could Abhishek and I just be allowed to concentrate on our individual careers, please?"

• For now, could Abhishek and I just be allowed to concentrate on our individual careers, please? – Aishwarya Rai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lilyrosey thumbnail
yes abhi and aish should concentrate on their careers, the media should stop with these stories
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lilyrose

yes abhi and aish should concentrate on their careers, the media should stop with these stories

truee...agree with u..they shouldd stop doing thatt 😃 😛

thankss for the articlee suzi 👏 👏
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ayeshag

truee...agree with u..they shouldd stop doing thatt 😃 😛

thankss for the articlee suzi 👏 👏

yes me too ..media shud stop this nonsense