Mythological Masti

The children of Lakshmi Narayan

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Do you all know who are the children of Lakshmi Narayan, described in different scriptures? I'm not talking about Ram or Krishna's kids, but the direct God's kids.
In Skanda Purana, it is said Amritavalli and Sundaravalli (later reborn as Devasena and Valli) are their daughters.

Do they have any other kids?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
In Shri Suktam , Kardama is mentioned to be the beloved son of Lakshmi and Kapila rishi ( Vishnu avatar) Kardama is in form of tree! He also is a rishi
In Narasimha Puran ,Audumbara- the tree also is called the child of Lakshmi and Vishnu
Ganesh puran has a story where Lakshmi undergoes severe penance to obtain Ganesha as her son and Ganesha obliges
The story of Devasena and Valli are a part of southern tradition and are known to be superimposed .. they're related to ancient ruling families of Pandya and Chera kings
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Maverick_me

In Shri Suktam , Kardama is mentioned to be the beloved son of Lakshmi and Kapila rishi ( Vishnu avatar) Kardama is in form of tree! He also is a rishi
In Narasimha Puran ,Audumbara- the tree also is called the child of Lakshmi and Vishnu
Ganesh puran has a story where Lakshmi undergoes severe penance to obtain Ganesha as her son and Ganesha obliges
The story of Devasena and Valli are a part of southern tradition and are known to be superimposed .. they're related to ancient ruling families of Pandya and Chera kings

Interesting, I never knew that!

The story of Valli and Devasena is from Skanda Purana, which is mostly believe in the South (particularly Tamil Nadu), but it's from a scripture, not a word of mouth tradition.
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well you have Kamadeva, who was born from the compassionate and loving glance of Lakshmi and Narayana (when they looked at each other).
In a way, Brahma is also Vishnu's son, but here Lakshmi is not involved directly as "Lakshmi", but as Lord Vishnu's internal potency.
Amritavalli and Sundaravalli were born when Vishnu contemplated on Lord Shiva's Ananda tandava. He became so immersed in the dance that he wept with joy, and from those tears sprung the two sisters.
There is also the story of Ekavira in Devi Bhagavata Purana, where, in the form of horses, they give birth to Ekavira, who starts the Haihaya Dynasty (which I think derives from 'Haya' - horse).
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Maverick_me

I think you got this fact reversed. Kapila was the son of Kardama Muni.😊