||OS: Left Alone|| Banner Updated

BombayPonnu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey guys! 
Now, this is a random one shot I wrote from Tanu's POV..
A few assumptions need to be made before you proceed..
1. Tanu was married to Abhi, an upcoming Rockstar but dumped him later for a richer guy.
2. Abhi and Pragya had an arranged marriage on Dadi's insistence and unlike the original story, it was not a part of the revenge. They slowly fell in love, though they had not really confessed.
3. Pragya and Aaliya share a very close relation and shared everything with each other.

Okay.. Thats it i guess.. Hope you guys like the story!!!

Left Alone

She gulped down yet another peg of whiskey and looked around in frustration, unable to comprehend what to do. It was way past midnight. Almost dawn. The whole of the house was peacefully sleeping, except her. Another day had passed. One more day of plotting and scheming had come to an end, but, Tanu had no real plans yet. She knew she would have to do something soon. She had to find a way to kick the behenji out of the house and regain her position in the house, family and Abhi's life. All she needed was Aaliya's pity. She knew Aaliya was Abhi's weakness and her tool to survival in the Mehra house.

The Mehra house, which she ruled once upon a time was now no more her own due to her own foolishness. She had decided to walk out of the house and Abhi's life once she saw a better future with Nikhil. But destiny had other plans for them. She was kicked out of her boyfriend's house after six years of physical relationship and left alone to fend for herself. Abhi, however, had only prospered and made a new world for himself with Pragya and his family.

Her thoughts went back to the events she had witnessed since her stay with the family. Pragya had carved a niche for herself in the house. She held a place of her own in each person's heart. Tanu had seen how each member of the house from Bunty Bubbly to Aakash Rachna, dadi, dasi, Taiji and even Abhi were dependant on her for their routine life. It felt as though they wouldn't be able to survive if Pragya wasn't around. She was the lifeline of the family.

Though she was a part of the family for a good three years, never had Tanu seen such satisfied faces around her. Unlike Pragya, who was there for everyone, she expected everyone's life to revolve around her. She wanted all the attention from the family members and was never willing to contribute towards the family.

She had seen the admiration Bunty and Bubbly held for their favourite chachi, happiness on dasi's face when they would cook meals for the family together, she had seen the teasing exchanges between Aaliya and Pragya, she had also witnessed how Aakash and Rachna went to Pragya with all their problems. She had seen the content smile on dadi's face when she saw her family happy but, what affected her the most was the love she saw in Abhi's eyes for Pragya. She would burn with jealousy on witnessing their affectionate glances and the pride with which he saw her. She was the perfect wife, the perfect daughter and the perfect sister-in-law as per the Mehra's.

Her thoughts went back to a few hours ago. Everyone had retired into their rooms. Tanu was given the guest room on the ground floor. It was about midnight when she woke up thirsty. The bottle next to her was empty and she decided to get herself water from the kitchen. She walked to the door when a click from the main door caught her attention and she scrunched her eyes to see what was happening.

Abhi walked in through the door holding Pragya in his arms. She had her hands around his neck. Her head was nestled into his chest as he blew her hair to get a better view of her face. Tanu's face fell at what she saw. Here she was planning to separate Pragya from Abhi but they were hell bent on ruining her plans. Her eyebrows knotted in confusion as she recollected the events from earlier that day.

The Mehra's had gathered at the dining area for tea. Tanu sat at the far end on the dining table with a magazine in her hand, pretending to read it. She remembered Pragya getting a call and her face being tensed up. "Dadi, there's an emergency at my friends place. I'll have to rush. Aaliya, can you come up with me to the room? I need help" she had announced after she cut the call. Tanu was about to follow them up when dasi intervened and stopped her. As Pragya and Aaliya walked down the stairs, her face had a different spark altogether. Though she looked serious, there was a faint shade of pink on her cheeks. Tanu ignored it thinking it must be because of the cold wind outside. Abhi was in London anyways for a concert and recording. He wouldn't be returning till the end of the week. She smirked inwardly thinking of the evil plan cooking up in her mind, ready to be executed once Abhi was back.

Hushed whispers from Abhi and Pragya brought her back from her thoughts. She hid herself as they crossed her room to go upstairs. As she came out, she saw the door to their room almost shut, a faint light coming from the small gap between. She decided to go up and check for herself.

"Abhi! I didn't know you write a diary?" Pragya asked him. He turned up to see her holding his personal diary. He leapt towards her to snatch it but she was too quick for him. She ran around the room with the diary while he chased her. Abhi made a final leap towards her and both of them landed on the bed, Abhi over Pragya. They gazed at each other for a couple of minutes before standing back on their feet. "Baby, give it back please!" He pleaded. "Abhi let me read it na. What's to hide from me? I know you in and out." She stated.

Tanu burned with jealousy at that line. She hated the fact that someone else knows Abhi more than she does. She hated Pragya. She shifted her focus back to the room and saw Pragya and Abhi cuddled next to each other on the bed. He had his hand around her waist as he pulled her closer. Resting his chin on the crook of her neck, he slowly wrapped his other arm around her too. She nestled her head on his chest and turned the pages of the diary. Tanu noticed that as the pages moved ahead, Pragya's eyes started to moisten. Slowly tears threatened to fall. She would occasionally read something and turn to look at him. She would occasionally kiss him on the cheek or hold his hand."Baby, read this one out loud na. please." He requested as Pragya flipped to the next page. It was dated a few weeks back. Precisely, the day Tanu had come back.

"Today has been a roller coaster ride! A wide range of emotions portrayed in a single day. But the most dominant one was LOVE! Yes love.. My love for her, My Pragya overpowered everything else.

I don't know how i would survive had she not come into my world and breathed new life into me. She gave me everything back. The reason for my existence back. I had been an idiot to think that Tanu left me because I wasn't worth her. Thank God I have Pragya to knock sense into my brain considering how illogical I can be at times. And then she's there, my Chashmish, my saviour to show me the right path.

I was a fool to not notice her love in her eyes. Her eyes convey it all. She may hide her feelings but her eyes don't. I saw all the love she had for me today. I felt it in the hug. I knew it the moment she held me in her arms. All I wanted to do at that moment was to hold her in my embrace forever and never let go. I wanted to let her know that I love her too.

I saw the happiness in her smile. I saw eagerness and excitement in her eyes as they waited for me to confess my feelings. I wanted to make it the best night of her life. I wanted to give her everything she ever wanted and I know all my Pragya ever wanted was love from me.

But beyond all this, my love and respect for her increased manifold because of what followed. I don't understand the selflessness of this woman. Ready to give up everything she has for her loved ones. Knowing Aaliya is my weakness, she let Tanu stay here on her request. Yes Aaliya wasn't on talking terms with Tanu since she ran away, but, they had been best friends once upon a time. When she saw a drunk Tanu lying on the footpath, she decided to get her home for a few days. Tanu, Oh how much I despise that woman! She had been the reason for my destruction once upon a time. But God had better plans for me and he sent me the best angel he had in the form of my wife, Pragya..

Not one word of regret came from her even though her most awaited moment and night was ruined. She silently gave up her room so that Tanu could be comfortable and slept with me on the living room couch so that I don't have to be alone since the guest room was not cleaned. Where does she get all this love and care from? I wonder what would have happened had she not come into my life? I would have been the same sadist Abhi even today!

Truly baby, I'm a happy, content man today only because of you. I love you Pragya and I will as long as I live."

"Abhi!" she gasped. "Pragya I'm sorry. The perfect romantic night I planned for you got ruined because of Tanu" Abhi apologised again. "Oh enough with it Abhi. You know you have made up for it already today right? Today was the best day of my life Abhi! I loved the fact that you came back sooner only for me! That you missed me! I loved your surprise! I loved the way you confessed your love and I absolutely love what followed." She said turning crimson. "Really? Then how about doing it again" he winked at her. She turned around and hit him on the chest. "Kuch Bhi!" she blushed. "Kuch Bhi what? I don't think making love to my wife is a crime." he said leaning in for a kiss. Tanu couldn't take it anymore and walked away, back to her room.
She just couldn't come to terms with the fact that Abhi had actually forgotten her and moved on in life. She always thought she still held his heart and this illusion had been smashed into a pieces a billion times since she came to stay with them. She always thought the way Abhi and Pragya behaved in public was a facade they put up to show her. But today, she had seen them sharing the same love and comfort in the privacy of their bedroom as well.

A sudden pain shot through her heart as she realised that all of this, the pride, the admiration, the love could have been hers had she not rejected this life and moved on with Nikhil. She poured some more of the alcohol into her glass and gulped it down in an instant. Tears made way through her eyes as she realised that she had ruined her happy life with her own hands. "Cheers to your stupidity, Tanu" she said raising a toast to herself. Soon enough, the alcohol took control and she passed out on the couch itself!

And done with my part!! Waiting for ua comments!
For those who want PM's, kindly send a buddy request to Iyeristic_PM

Here's the link to my other story on AbhiGya..
Edited by BeingIyeristic - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Iyeristic_PM thumbnail
Whoa people!! That bad? 
ShivaliShaji thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really good. Am I bad for feeling happy about Tanu's misery? I Feel Delighted at her misery. I don't care if I am being a b*tch about it. I hate that woman and there's nothing that I enjoy more than her misery. 
Please write more OS like this! Maybe for Aaliya ;)
anamika.viji thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

just now saw this ...tanu pov !! atleast in this tanu realizes tht abhi is pragya's and he loves her only not tanu...

liked it 😊

thanks for the pm dear 😊
Edited by anamika.vg - 8 years ago
rhea.aa thumbnail
Really nice to read Tanu's POV. Kind of sad for her.
Do write more. :)
It was really nice.
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rarely do we get to read something from Tanu's POV and I really loved it! The way you described her jealousy and pain on seeing Abhigya was understandable, she had lost something that could have been hers. Very nicely written! I loved it! ❤️
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shiva4201

Really good. Am I bad for feeling happy about Tanu's misery? I Feel Delighted at her misery. I don't care if I am being a b*tch about it. I hate that woman and there's nothing that I enjoy more than her misery. 

Please write more OS like this! Maybe for Aaliya ;)

Hey there..
Lol! I dont think you'd be teh only one.. A lot of people hate Tanu :p and when it comes to her, its completely okay to be bitchy...

I'll try and write more.. Till then, im glad you like this... Thanks for the comment..
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: anamika.vg

just now saw this ...tanu pov !! atleast in this tanu realizes tht abhi is pragya's and he loves her only not tanu...

liked it 😊

thanks for the pm dear 😊

Hey!
Glad tou like it.. Thank you sooo much!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: apple123flower

Really nice to read Tanu's POV. Kind of sad for her.
Do write more. :)
It was really nice.

Hey there..
Thanks a lot :) Gald you like it...

Guess you havent seen my ss yet.. Soulmate... Check that out of you get time...
BombayPonnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: --simmi--

Rarely do we get to read something from Tanu's POV and I really loved it! The way you described her jealousy and pain on seeing Abhigya was understandable, she had lost something that could have been hers. Very nicely written! I loved it! ❤️

Hey Simmi!!
Thanks a lot :) im glad you like it... 
This coming from one of my fav writers on the forum is special..