Tashan-e-Ishq

TEI-review:Jasmine Bhasins overacting teamed with a dull Story!!!

VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Tashn-e-Ishq TV review: Jasmine Bhasin's overacting teamed with a dull story will leave you with a migraine!

Tue, August 11, 2015 9:22pm IST by Rukmini Chopra
10SHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+
comments
Tashn-e-Ishq TV review: Jasmine Bhasin's overacting teamed with a dull story will leave you with a migraine!

Here's the TV review of ZEE TV's new show Tash-e-Ishq. If you are expecting me to praise this show, I strictly warn you to refrain from doing so...

Gone are the days when Television or the idiot Box' as it's popularly known, showcased some remarkable shows like Saans, Heena, Kora Kaagaz, Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Hip Hip Hurray etc.Today, ridiculous saas bahu sagas and other mindless daily soaps have found a place in our lives and sadly so. Another one gets added to the list- ZEE TV's Tashan-e-Ishq starring Jasmine Bhasin as Twinkle and Zain Imam as Yuvraj Luthra.I find myself in a daze after having watched the first episode of the series. I'm trying to come up with words to describe how utterly mind numbing this new show by ZEE TV is. Somehow, I have gathered my strength and am ready to give you my opinion. So here it goes:

What's it about:

Tashan-e-Ishq is technically about nothing but in the literal sense, is a story about two rich warring families- Tanejas and Luthras. The two khandaans have nothing better to do expect point out one another's aukaat' by rubbing their moolah in the latter's faces. How typical! The show is set against the backdrop of Punjab and depicts the clichd and done to death clicks of Punjabi culture like people flaunting their BMW's, being loud or wearing gaudy clothes. And now for the introduction of the characters. Meet Twinkle Taneja, an overtly enthusiastic, bordering on ADHD girl who is single but not ready to mingle. Her mother Leela is eager to get Twinkle married but the latter always manages to drive her rishtewalas' away with her eccentric behaviour. Yuvraj Luthra on the other hand is the most stereotypical punjabi munda one could think of- the one who drives jeeps, listens to loud music, blah blah. His mother Anita Luthra is the arch nemesis of Leela and the two have one motive- to prove that they are richer and fancier than one another.

What's hot

The only hot element in this show is probably the marble from the temple, that was depicted in the beginning scene of the show. I can't think of one factor that makes the show unique or different from the rest. The only refreshing element is the fact that the Punjabi community is being represented in a TV show for a change as opposed to Gujarati or Rajasthani culture which has seen its share in several daily soaps and shows.

What's not

Jasmine Bhasin's character as Twinkle, got on my nerves. I'm confused about whether the lead actress  has been asked to act in a loud manner or whether she genuinely acts that way. If that's the way the makers wish to represent Punjabi girls then god help the women of this community.  I understand if Twinkle's character had been outgoing or eccentric. But this Punjabi girl is annoying, shrill and a lot to take. Jasmine's overacting left me with a headache and for the viewers to tolerate her as Twinkle will be quite an ordeal, to be honest. The editing of this show has gone for a freaking toss. There's no definite beginning or an end to a scene, and to expect a flow between the sequences would be asking for too much. The constant bickering between the Tanjejas and Luthras took me back to my kindergarten days. The storyline came across as typical. There is no hatke element to look forward to and the first episode proved to be another one bites the dust' situation. All in all, the show is Ishaqzaade only with two rich families fighting instead of political ones.

What to do

If you have absolutely NOTHING better to do, then go ahead and watch this. Or else, don't waste your time on this mindless, predictable and typical show. I'm cheesed off I'm sure you wouldn't want to be.

Rating:1.5 out of 51.5 Star Rating

Reviewed by Rukmini Chopra

* Poor

** Average

*** Good

**** Very good

***** Excellent

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuteMonsta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing... But honestly this women calls herself a reviewer and is putting so much negative thoughts about the show with just one episode. 
I'm sorry I'm biased but I love the show ignoring everything  that's going wrong or not upto the point. All I know is this show is something I really liked, has some uniqueness, 

I just wanted to say the reviewer that you are really bad at reviewing a beautiful show like this, all the shows are same in the world and people watch them no matter what, because what works is just the entertainment! 

Enough is said to insult the show but remember the characters are putting their best and the story will eventually catch up with large fan following and TRPs. 

As per my decision I would recommend to just watch random episodes if you like keep watching and if not don't say bad. You have the remote and you are intelligent. 

This show is lighthearted family entertainment show with an ability to catch respective audiences who love to watch love stories. 

I. Give. 7/10 as of now (Episode #2) 

-MN

Edited by MN11 - 8 years ago
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
no offence but she is right, if yesterday's episode was a bit over the top today was cheesy like hell..seriously they have recycled things and made this. it looks like a lot of times we have seen already, the overacting of actors just do not help. well if they have designed the show in this 'over the top' format m sorry it's not gonna work. even on twitter the reviews are disasterous. 
the show might collapse where good shows mostly after 100 episodes. it will run its steam out quite earlier if it runs like this..

no offence to any. 
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i feel sorry if the reviewer set to watch the show with huge expectations...it was so clear from the promo's that it will be a loud, chatpati love story...so expecting it to be grand?..out of senses.
secondly, i object the intro point of review only...it says there are no good shows around..but i feel we have much offerings to look forward to presently...
coming to twinkle...well its not the actress...the character's requirement was being loud...and she is objected?..well didn't we had many characters more loud than twinkle in the past?..and till now those are praised by this site only...
i will suggest people to watch this...come out of the typical dramas and feel the light moments.it is real refreshing when u have ur brain mugged up with those vamp's, plottings and all...
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Deewangi

I give this review 0/5

good one 🤣
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
reviewer needs to re watch the promos first than writing anything
YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
bogus faltu review 👎🏼
pariyan thumbnail
The show is a refreshing but one thing that I would say is that the ladies throughing money like papers 😆. I found it a bit over the top.
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yesterday's episode was indeed trash - mika can't act and he playing out a lousy game to make twinkle the winner was so boring, unsympathetic and unconvincing. 
come on now, just because you are making a TV show, it doesn't mean u can't opt for original things - one thing i never understand why all punjabi characters are mostly portrayed loud and over the top. m from the same community and i can tell it's highly stereotyped. 

the episode was ok - i was liking the chemistry between Sunny and Twinkle. i wish they had shown their pair in a couple of episodes. then they would hv gotten more spice to add in the show and high ratings also. now it looks cliched to me m sorry

1/5 stars from my side