Mythological Masti

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
We had a totally unexpected holiday today owing to the continuous rain here at Kolkata, and here's a short passage to celebrate!
(Inspired from Anuradha Paudwal's 'Ghanan Ghan Ghanashyaam Barsat')

The drops come dancing down on his shoulder, through his hair and on his face. He collects some of the drops in his palm and throws it down at the little flowers near the fence. He looks up to see the clouds, and closes his eyes. He feels the cold drops on his eyes and lips and nose. He shakes them off his face. The clouds shout in glee and pours down all it has.

He tries to jump up to catch the clouds but loses his footing and falls. He claps his hands and laughs at his own foolishness. He gets up and starts to dance. The bells on his anklets ring bringing to life the monotonous harmony of the rain. "Pitter-patter, pitter-patter," he sings, "Pots are always made by potter!" He whirls round. Rain drops scatter in all directions. Encouraged, he shakes his head, and giggles.

"It rains so heavily! Where has my little Prince gone?" says the Mother as she searches for him. "Oh! How shall I see him? The sky has attained the same complexion as my  darling!" She comes out of the house and sees her son in the courtyard. He is signalling at the sky as if to ask it for a heavier shower. She calls him by his name. He turns and smiles at her. He claps and beckons her to join him. She calls him inside, but he pays no attention.

She walks up to him picks him up and covers him. He slips down and sits down on the dirty soil. The Mother tries again, but this time he lies down and wriggles and squirms until she lets go of him and sits down beside him. He sits up and rubs his dirty hands across her face, and she pulls him close to her, as the rain alights gently on them.

The earth is content but the sky is thirsty to feel their simple ecstasy.

Edited by Radhikerani - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KURT15 thumbnail
Wow!! Proteeti!! that was just amazing!! I could visualize the scene so clearly. Wonderful!! πŸ‘
Thank you for letting me read this beautiful work😳😊
-QueenlyChitra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
awesome
thanks for pm
wayward thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KURT15

Wow!! Proteeti!! that was just amazing!! I could visualize the scene so clearly. Wonderful!! πŸ‘
Thank you for letting me read this beautiful work😳😊

I'm so happy that you liked this one so much, given it is just a short blabbering of mine! Thank you for reading!
wayward thumbnail
wayward thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -ChitraRocking-

awesome
thanks for pm

Thank you Chitradi!
Awaay thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
wayward thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sonatia

Yes proti kolkata is floating...uff...i am bore wid this continuous rain and *HI 5* me too had a unexpected holiday.
Awesome work dr...superb...;-)

Yes! You're absolutely right! Thank you for liking my work!
wayward thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --GOLD--

Loved it Dear πŸ˜Š

Thank you!
RisingPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi proteeti
Just amazing os
Loved it