Farman of Akbar to saint connected 2 Maharana Pratap and Ajabde Bai Sa

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Title:
Farman of Mughal Emperor Akbar to protect a 'Brahmin of Mathura' from the harassment of Mughal officials + Scan of Original Persian Document  + Connection with Maharana Pratap, Ajabde Bai Sa & Mariam-Uz-Zamani

Today, I am sharing a Farman which was given by Mughal Emperor Akbar to a Brahmin who lived in the suburbs of Mathura. This farman is first in the series of farmans, given by the Emperor to prevent this Brahmin saint - Shri Vithal Rai, from harassment at the hands of Imperial Mughal officers.

The Emperor had given clear orders that no one should interfere with this Brahmin as regards his faith etc. and they should allow him to worship as per his custom, keeping the welfare of the Empire in mind.

This Brahmin was also a guru of Ajabde Bai Sa, who was the wife of Maharana Pratap. And he was also a Guru of Mariam Uz Zamani , aka, Harka Bai, who is also called, wrongly as Jodha Bai..

Here is the link to this interesting post, and some lesser known details...
First-Farman-of-Akbar-to-Vithalrai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Abhay

Finally, the post I have been waiting for ages!! 

This is the first time I am looking at a farman by Akbar and this is so fascinating!!! Thanks a lot! :)

Shri Vithal Rai, btw, is special to me because he is also Telugu :) 

The Krishna Bhakti of Rajputs is famous. That Akbar took such an eminent Krishna bhakt under his patronage or rather sought his spiritual guidance and protected him personally through farmans speaks volumes about the tolerance of AKbar and also his abiding bond with Harka Bai. For it must have been she who introduced him to this sect. 

I have read the book by Tirmizi and I support you fully in that the Mughal ladies took a personal interest in the welfare of their subjects and in the implementation of the Emperor's farmans for the welfare of the common people. They often followed up with farmans of their own to ensure that the Emperor's wishes were carried out in letter and spirit.

Looking forward to more such posts from you :) And thanks again!
Edited by RadhikaS0 - 8 years ago
bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i believe in shri nath ji and had no idea about past history thanks for sharing.
rinall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Abhay ! ðŸ˜ƒ
Jaz_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for always for spreading and educating us about true history. Good post.  Edited by Jaz_ - 8 years ago
Kaana thumbnail
Just beautiful. What a lovely and satisfying post - the content was so nice. It shows Akbar's belief that prayers needs to be offered for the well being on the country/people. That is what Hindu Brahmins role was those days. He appreciated, believed and supported these views. A great quality of him indeed.
Kaana thumbnail
And the role of the queens is impressive too. The kind of authority and freedom they enjoyed.
Abhay- could you pl throw light on the queens of Rajputs or Mewar? Were they equally powerful and influential too?
Ravendor1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Your posts are always so interesting and informative
Suranya_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
so basically, ajabde punwar and harka bai were cnnected? well where from is the source of the newsthat he was her guruji canyou confirm?
Suranya_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vallabhacharya died in 1530 that was before Pratap'sbirth . Then hw coul he be her guru?