Chetak - Maharana Pratap | Eternal Legend & An unforgettable tale

Posted: 8 years ago

Hi all..

Today is 18th June -- the 439th Anniversary of the Battle of Haldighati, about which an article has been posted few hours back. Here is the Link : 400 year old Inscription about the Battle of Haldighati   And the thread :  Forum LINK

It also happens to be the 439th death anniversary of Chetak - the horse of Maharana Pratap - who was no ordinary horse, whose faithfulness to his master is still a thing talked about in Rajasthan. While we pay a lot of tributes to the rulers in history, let us spare some time and remember this horse who remained faithful to its master till its end. 

On this day, posting an article about Chetak - the Maharana's legendary horse. The names of the Maharana and Chetak are inseparable & theirs is an eternal~~legend & an unforgettable tale.

Here is the link of post on Chetak.
I had made this last year also, but this time it is with a change.  :  Chetak-and-Maharana-Pratap

Folklore etched their names in gold
Paeans are sung, stories told
Of rider and the brave blue horse
Now, more renowned the horse of course
In harness he died, one great name
Years pass, but not that horse's fame.  

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago
res
Unres

Abhay

Thanks for a beautiful article on the Haldighati Battle. :) 

It was a momentous battle in which both man and beast showed their valor alike. Chetak shall remain etched in the memory of all those who remember the heroes of our past. It seems to me that animals are much better than many humans when it comes to showing loyalty, affection, a sense of duty and responsibility, not to speak of courage and determination.

Who knows what the outcome might have been if Chetak hadn't ridden away to safety with Pratap? History could have been completely rewritten that day!
Edited by RadhikaS0 - 8 years ago
Oh Abhay, what a way to start the day. Not just thinking of Maharana but Chetak too.
He cannot be considered ad s mete horse. he is on par with the valorous, devoted, faithful, trusted Rajput soldiers, nay, Rajput chiefs like Patta and Jaimal.

The prayer of Maharana asking to loan thd life of Chetak so that he may continue the struggle, shows how Chetak was very much part of the struggle like any true solider. He has fought so many battles in his own way. Loosing him was a big loss to Maharana like loosing Rawatji and others. Jai Ho Chetak! I am sure you are a divine horse that came with the sole purpose to support Maharana in his freedom struggle. It is said that soldiers dying on battlefield get a place in heaven directly. You too would have got that position and sitting in heaven along with Maharana, Rawatji, Jaima, Patta and others reading this blog.
It was such a nice start of day by reading your blog...!!!
Thank you so much for this 😊

Maharana Pratap ki Jai...Jai ho Chetak Ki...!!!
Chetak was an extraordinary horse, in a league of its own just like his master maharana pratap. ...how much the maharana was fond of can be gauged from the few poetic lines mentioned in the beginning of the article. ..

thank you so much for sharing this...on a lighter note I must say I adore the screen chetak...a very beautiful horse...
You made my day Abhay😊
I love reading ur blog always
Thank u so much

Maharana pratap or Chetak ki jai
Edited by Nandini6 - 8 years ago
And dear Chetak, he climbed on an elephant. What a feat! The cruel warfare tactics with those swords attached to those elephants caused the loss of a leg to our Chetak the great.

I can never come over this. And look at Maharana's brain to fix the elephant mask for Chetak.
Wow thanks for the info abhay I love reading your blog 👏
Your posts are always a pleasure to read.
true! Chetak was an extraordinary horse who showed a lot of love and loyalty and like the others...he sacrificed his life for his greatest friend and his master...
Thanks for this post!
Thanks. Post like this will not let me say good by to BKVPMP.