Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 87)

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sultan_Of_Swing

Originally posted by Star_girl

Originally posted by -Arsal-

As far as I know;

It needs at-least 70 crores to avoid a disaster. Would be considered a flop at that figure.

A 100-110 crores would make it an average affair at best. That is what it should target at the moment if it can show growth today and over the weekend.

Anything below 70 or lets say 65 is a sure shot disaster.

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 

BV's min competition will be from Mad Max which has received the best reviews and audience feedback for an English movie. 

I watched Fury Road last night and have booked my tickets for a 2nd viewing on Sunday. Watching Fury road was like being in a state of High/adrenaline rush for 2 hrs. It is bloody brilliant.

Fury Road is bound to be bloody brilliant. That much was evident from the trailers. I am seeing it today.

And i wont be surprised if it beats BV figures over the coming days. The reviews have been amazing and the action genre is what the whole of Asia seems to be in love with.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sultan_Of_Swing

Kashyap isn't bad as he is being made out to be. On the contrary he is one of the best. 
If in doubt watch his 3 masterpieces- Gulal (His best ever), Black Friday & Ugly.

he isn't just cut-out for commercial fares. Or perhaps the law of averages caught up with him. Thats all.

Kashyap's movie is targetted for certain audience
He is not bad, obviously not at all
but I like many other do not connect to his movies
I liked Gulal and Black Friday but given a chance I would pick up someone else's movie if available.
Also he is master of small movies with serious subject
He should have bat accordingly
Dimdim IF-Rockerz
Dimdim
Dimdim

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:46am | IP Logged
As expected going the Saawariya way...down down down
Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeingAnonymous

Is period movies a curse in India has any movie succedded 
Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter
I think for most of the period movies, story gets lost in set, location, grandeour, costume etc
But when well made those becomes epic like JA, Laagan
Though not a forum's choice, Ramleela, Devdas too did very good business in period set up
DBB was not true to Byomkesh Story, Dibakar made it very complicated. Had he been sticked to original story, it could have done decent business.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DimdimKhanSinghKumar

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hermione82

Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter
I think for most of the period movies, story gets lost in set, location, grandeour, costume etc
Though not a forum's choice, Ramleela, Devdas too did very good business in period set up
DBB was not true to Byomkesh Story, Dibakar made it very complicated. Had he been sticked to original story, it could have done decent business.
DBB was his interpretition but was tad slow and Raamleela wasnt period it was current dayy only :p
Lagaan had cricket India's passion but i vaguely remember even it wasnt runaway hit something around average (might be wrong)
Devdas was yes but acc to me it wasnt completely periodic 
I agree with JA but 
nonam Goldie
nonam
nonam

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:53am | IP Logged
so the article about the star asking for his 20 crores was right, ranbir knew this would be a disaster therefore take your money before the eggs hatch.
Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by hermione82

DBB was his interpretition but was tad slow and Raamleela wasnt period it was current dayy only :p
Lagaan had cricket India's passion but i vaguely remember even it wasnt runaway hit something around average (might be wrong)
Devdas was yes but acc to me it wasnt completely periodic 
I agree with JA but 
DBB is Dibakar's interpretation but people expected Saradindu's Byomkesh so they were dissapointed
When Laagan was released no one had a idea that it has cricket, it was ATBB but hit none the less.
Ofcourse Devdas was period movie, the story was set in feudal Bengal
You are correct for RL. The costume and set up was periodic but it was of modern time

ChannaMereya

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:58am | IP Logged
2 Rs Superstar LOL

Pharma3

Go to top