Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 86)

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:27am | IP Logged
I loved Ugly and Gulal. Kashyap is a genius IMO. Just because he lost the plot for this one, doesn't take away from his brilliance. 
He should've stuck to what he does best. I hate when great directors like Motwane, Kashyap etc moves away from their forte. I am worried for Motwane now. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guftagooSultan_Of_Swing

~*sindhu*~ IF-Sizzlerz
~*sindhu*~
~*sindhu*~

Originally posted by LaFUNgA

Ab Galti MALL ki hi nikaal do LOL

Was stating a fact. Don't really care how the movie fares. But taking the most isolated mall in the city to predict how a movie is doing in business is wrong. KRK needs to do his research better. 
Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Originally posted by Star_girl

Originally posted by -Arsal-

As far as I know;

It needs at-least 70 crores to avoid a disaster. Would be considered a flop at that figure.

A 100-110 crores would make it an average affair at best. That is what it should target at the moment if it can show growth today and over the weekend.

Anything below 70 or lets say 65 is a sure shot disaster.

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 

BV's min competition will be from Mad Max which has received the best reviews and audience feedback for an English movie. 

I watched Fury Road last night and have booked my tickets for a 2nd viewing on Sunday. Watching Fury road was like being in a state of High/adrenaline rush for 2 hrs. It is bloody brilliant.
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:28am | IP Logged
so you have aterrible film and make it with 150cr as abudget every crazy people didnt do that
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:28am | IP Logged

As far as I know;

It needs at-least 70 crores to avoid a disaster. Would be considered a flop at that figure.

A 100-110 crores would make it an average affair at best. That is what it should target at the moment if it can show growth today and over the weekend.

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 

The biggest problem is the budget.

You cant have such a fickle story with such a humongous budget. It is bound to fail. Not limited to only BW, it happens in HW as well. Jupiter Ascending is a recent example.

The only fault of Ranbir's in this is that the movie hasn't opened well. That was dependent on his star power not on the content. Sure the promos may not have been up to the mark but this opening is a disaster.

If the story is as bad as they are making it out to be; even the Khan wouldn't have save it. A budget of 110 cores needs over 200 to be a solid hit.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_girl

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Is period movies a curse in India has any movie succedded 
Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:30am | IP Logged
what astar power ROFL but dont worry RK now will comfirmed that he will marry katrina and everything will be ok till DP save him with tamasha

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:31am | IP Logged

As far as I know;

Okay thanks a ton. 

The biggest problem is the budget.

You cant have such a fickle story with such a humongous budget. It is bound to fail. Not limited to only BW, it happens in HW as well. Jupiter Ascending is a recent example.

The only fault of Ranbir's in this is that the movie hasn't opened well. That was dependent on his star power not on the content. Sure the promos may not have been up to the mark but this opening is a disaster.

If the story is as bad as they are making it out to be; even the Khan wouldn't have save it. A budget of 110 cores needs over 200 to be a solid hit.

The problem is Ranbir did a Roy before BV , and that disappointed many 
He is known for good movies but Besharam and then Roy hasnt helped and people are fickle minded 
So that is problem 

Go to top