Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Serves them right. Itni garmi mein kis ne kaha tha bombay velvet banao. Should ve made bombay cotton.
WreckTangle. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Coldplaying

KRK - So first day business of#BombayVelvet will be approx 5Cr means now Emran Hashmi n Ranbir Kapoor both are same to same #eliteStars

ouch ouch from khans to emran ðŸ¤£

Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice

I am good HB...oh..so Taran won't tweet the numbers?

I don't think he will, but lets see..
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

I think one thing people should learn from this is the difference between a director and a writer. Writers get zero credit in BW. If the script is good, the director gets the credit and vice versa. Then people are confused about how a Dibakar Bannerjee could make an "Oye lucky lucky oye" and a DBB. But he didn't write either of those scripts. Same for Anurag. So many people think raju Hirani scripts his own films. He doesn't. People wonder why the first Munnabhai was different from his other films, well it's because it had a different writer.

The point I am trying to make is, the script doesn't appear out of nowhere at the directors command. Instead of just looking at directors and actors, we should look at writers too.

Unfortunately Anurag co-wrote the script. He himself told a story in a video interview about how him and another writer (Vasan Bala?) wrote the script together in one stretch somewhere in a dingy room. Maybe it was a Bollywood Hungama one, most likely.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This is supposed to be the review thread...and the title is hilarious. 
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

I think one thing people should learn from this is the difference between a director and a writer. Writers get zero credit in BW. If the script is good, the director gets the credit and vice versa. Then people are confused about how a Dibakar Bannerjee could make an "Oye lucky lucky oye" and a DBB. But he didn't write either of those scripts. Same for Anurag. So many people think raju Hirani scripts his own films. He doesn't. People wonder why the first Munnabhai was different from his other films, well it's because it had a different writer.

The point I am trying to make is, the script doesn't appear out of nowhere at the directors command. Instead of just looking at directors and actors, we should look at writers too.

Funnily good writers dont make good directors. The writer of Munnabhai MBBS disappeared from BW. 
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Unfortunately Anurag co-wrote the script. He himself told a story in a video interview about how him and another writer (Vasan Bala?) wrote the script together in one stretch somewhere in a dingy room. Maybe it was a Bollywood Hungama one, most likely.

Yeah, well, I guess the "co-writer" is important too ðŸ˜† B.t.w, I think Gyan Prakash or someone said BV had 12 writers.  These are four of them "Vasan Bala, Gyan Prakash, Anurag Kashyap and S. Thanikachalam"

Abbas Tyrewala made Jaane Tu ya Jaane na which was decent
Edited by hedwig_fawkes - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nishita123

LOL ...show cancelled ?...Pit gayi ??? ðŸ˜’ 

oh well...happens...and its not the first time in bw history...at least it has the potential to go down the history most piti huyi movie with show cancelled ...lol..as expected forum is flooded with RK is finished topics...😆

PS: jokes apart, still have hopes , may be it will do better in coming days.😳

I know...sucks for u😆...aapke dono favorites Salman and ranbir ki dhulai ho rahi hai aajkal forum per😆😆
TheRager thumbnail
Abbass pyaar ke chakkar mein barbad ho gaya. 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Ummm and Dibaker did co-write DBB as well...is it so hard to imagine that creative ppl can EVOLVE as they make new films?   We all want them to keep making the same film over and over again...but at the end of the day they aren't robots...creative souls are restless...they want to make something that drives them...and mistakes are very much possible along the way...there is no 100% success rate.

Anyways at the end of the day, opinions will remains subjective...DBB was actually more of a rebel in terms of scripting cuz it literally didn't have a single element of typical Hindi movie trappings...no epic love story, no sweeping love ballads, songs...BV seems to have those elements, still it's floundering...so then what is the perfect formula, oh learned ones?😆

Atleast Dibaker stuck to his guns and didn't throw in a love story for the sake of giving his movie a typical element😆
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago