Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 77)

love_karanabha IF-Addictz
love_karanabha
love_karanabha

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Hahahahahaha ROFL
So much for being the next superstar ! Very well deserved 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_DevilsKick

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:20am | IP Logged

Edited by dingle_hopper - 15 May 2015 at 3:38am
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:23am | IP Logged
What is Masand's rating? Two of the 3 panautis didnt like the movie. 
ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Hey Dinggle i just posted same review up :p

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Bombay Velvet Opens To Dull Collections
Friday 15 May 2015 12.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services

Bombay Velvet had a dull opening all over as it opened to collections of 15-20%. For such a big film the opening is a disaster. The only thing going for the film was Ranbir Kapoor but it has not worked as the audience gas just not come. It is probably due to the presentation as the opening is less than Roy where he had an extended guest role.

The film should improve collections irrespective of content as they can't go any lower but it's unlikely the film can survive a setback like this. 

The film has opened to poor figures in metros as well. You can't really make an urban niche film costing over 100 crore as this sort of investment needs a  20 crore nett day one or at least 15 crore nett at worst but here the film has not even opened at 10 crore pace.

Shocked

Gayi bhens pani main. 

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeingAnonymous

Hey Dinggle i just posted same review up :p

Sorry yaar.. didnt realise! They changed the tittle slightly so i thought its a different review.LOL

I will try editing it out.

Edited by dingle_hopper - 15 May 2015 at 3:37am
JungFrau Goldie
JungFrau
JungFrau

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Lol, it better has an opening bigger than piku!
KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:46am | IP Logged
I feel so vindicated as a hated Ranbir fan in the forum that i called a spade, a spade right from the 1st trailer itself. The only thing i praised were the first poster and theme tune but there you cannot really judge whether Anurag has misguided the movie. I was always smiling at many of the fans who were quite exaggerating at everything about the movie and couldn't comprehend the criticisms at any point, what is funny is some are still floating in the sky.
Results in front of you fellas...

At this point, i would also like to settle my discussion with @rogerfederer LOLfew months back (hope u haven't forgotten) where we both agreed to wait for Bombay Velvet opening to declare ranbir's starpower. Hope it's clear now without ifs and buts. i was of the view that Besharam was one off miracle for Ranbir..similar to Gunday for Ranveer with regards to opening figures.
the young stars' opening day numbers r only as gud as their last film, then the weekend depends on WOM and reviews unlike Khans who have a built in fan base. So, no.. Ranbir doesn't have a 20 cr opening fanbase unless the previous movie worked or the new movie has a great buzz.

So, next time someone brags on my post- oh wait but Ranbir has a 20 cr opening on a flop film; you know yourself now what a stupid statement that is.

Saying this, am i disappointed? Yes, i am. I like both Anurag and Ranbir and i am never happy when an effort doesn't pay off, a lot of money will be lost here...BUT i was also very, very well prepared for it from day 1 when that 1st trailer hit the media. I said many times if the trailer shows where the movie is going, it's very bad...
Also, i have mentioned many times if Anurag hasn't remained faithful to his genre, it won't work.

PS. i sincerely think fans of other stars have the right to make fun of it in the review forum.. RK fans should show some humility and hear it. Same happened in KillDil, both reviews and audience trashed it and it was a matter of joke in the forum.
So, it is ridiculous that some fans are angry against those fans who are bashing the movie. They are not Ranbir fans and they have the opportunity of the lifetime here.

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 15 May 2015 at 4:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DevilsKick

Go to top