Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 20)

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:13am | IP Logged
well, if it recovers its investment i think it will be good for BV n all parties involved.

this movie had so many issues, obviously it was not going to be a blockbuster.
Plus, Anurag didn't live up to his reputation... the essence of the reviews is : Anurag has become Bhansali for Bombay Velvet...instead of focusing on narrative and screenplay, he focused on visuals...that clearly affects business...it's the truth that nobody cares about the effort that goes into visuals because public doesn't see the work in realtime. Those who know filmmaking or movie buffs, they will appreciate it and are doing so.

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Piyatrix

When are u watching? Do share yr experience. I'll probably watch next week.

Tomorrow..Matinee show..Yeah, i'l post my review here..I'l try not to be biased but its kinda hard LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesPiyatrix

dietcoke1 Goldie
dietcoke1
dietcoke1

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

well, if it recovers its investment i think it will be good for BV n all parties involved.

Plus, Anurag didn't live up to his reputation
... the essence of the reviews is : Anurag has become Bhansali for Bombay Velvet...instead of focusing on narrative and screenplay, he focused on visuals...that clearly affects business...it's the truth that nobody cares about the effort that goes into visuals because public doesn't see the work in realtime. Those who know filmmaking or movie buffs, they will appreciate it and are doing so.

lol wait until friday to give ur judgement...only 2-3 reviews are outLOL btw people are loving the visuals...something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

TheDarkRock Goldie
TheDarkRock
TheDarkRock

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dietcoke1

Plus, Anurag didn't live up to his reputation... the essence of the reviews is : Anurag has become Bhansali for Bombay Velvet...instead of focusing on narrative and screenplay, he focused on visuals...that clearly affects business...it's the truth that nobody cares about the effort that goes into visuals because public doesn't see the work in realtime. Those who know filmmaking or movie buffs, they will appreciate it and are doing so.

lol wait until friday to give ur judgement...only 2-3 reviews are outLOL btw people are loving the visuals...something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. 

Bingo
KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dietcoke1

Plus, Anurag didn't live up to his reputation
... the essence of the reviews is : Anurag has become Bhansali for Bombay Velvet...instead of focusing on narrative and screenplay, he focused on visuals...that clearly affects business...it's the truth that nobody cares about the effort that goes into visuals because public doesn't see the work in realtime. Those who know filmmaking or movie buffs, they will appreciate it and are doing so.

i generally do that earlier because i love to predict..LOL... forgive me...And i generally am right as i don't talk randomly, it's an experience of watching hindi movies since 1992.
While most were blindly praising 1st trailer, i posted right away that it's not good. evidence- they had to present 2nd trailer.
While everyone went gaga over its music, i posted right away that it's just about ok and not chartbusters...

I might be wrong and i might be right with BV, we will see on Friday but that's my analysis from trailers..of course, trailer doesn't always match the movie.. But from day 1, i have said that Anurag hasn't done the job here..let's see.

something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. --------------- SURE. Anurag excels in small town settings, it was stupidity to focus on visuals...because it adds upto the cost insanely...

PS the other movie whose music is just about OK is DDD...of course all rs, anu, pc fans are going gaga over it LOL

Question Geek-- weren't u the person who brought my family into the thread and we had a huge fight? 

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 14 May 2015 at 3:45am
Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:50am | IP Logged
BM review is by Faridoon, I guess. Taran doesn't work for them anymore. Firstpost changed Mihir's headline lol. Stoops even lower than their pre-release bashing.

I think second half will be more exciting for general audience due to conflict and subsiquent gangwars. Hope there isn't too much detailing on technical stuff like land reclamation as majority won't care about such stuff.

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 14 May 2015 at 3:49am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesPiyatrixprincessunara

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:02am | IP Logged

#BombayVelvet introduces the best villain in recent time @karanjohar with his intense suave performance,really excited about his debut Tom.

LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesSultan_Of_SwingScorpio_VelvetprincessunaraMallika-E-Bhais

dietcoke1 Goldie
dietcoke1
dietcoke1

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:04am | IP Logged

i generally do that earlier because i love to predict..LOL... forgive me...And i generally am right as i don't talk randomly, it's an experience of watching hindi movies since 1992.

Question Geek-- weren't u the person who brought my family into the thread and we had a huge fight? 

Actually u brought ur family into a thread by saying that ranbir isn't popular as ur family members haven't seen his films, and me n some others merely responded to that...so YOU brought ur family into it. 

yes we know how much u love to predict things when it comes to anything related to ranbirLOL  what about predicting things for other actors movies too like Varun, siddharth etc?LOL

Go to top