Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 139)

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

Originally posted by -mistyeyed-

Can't understand the hatred for Ranbir nor the sympathy for him. If anyone stands to lose from BV, its Anurag Kashyap. The industry has already started blaming him for making a bad film and spoiling RK's resume!LOL Ranbir is privileged, a few flops will not make any difference to him. Its his good luck, one can get envious of it, but can't do anything about it.

Lol yeah. Ranbir will bounce back and Anushka's name isn't even associated at this point so the only one who stands to take a major hit is Anurag. The media is repeatedly calling it-Kashayp's film irrespective of the fact that they may not have even heard his name before this lol.
Yes, he made a bad film but the bad opening was really not on him from any angle. But as usual, everyone will tear him apart. He's one of my very favourites since his Paanch days and I loved his initial team of friends like Raghavan and RGV's initial films and it's just sad for me. 

yup.. we were discussing this on some thread I think.. that what will happen if this bombs.. and as expected Anushka is the one who is going completely unscathed. and Ranbir will also bounce back as soon as Tamasha releases. KJo would have a laugh and forget this..
Anurag is the only one who is really gonna be hit due to this. I am personally not a fan of serious cinema, I am more of a main stream cinema lover when they have great acting and a sensible story associated with them. But I get that its imp that these art type directors also need to survive..for the craft itself.. so more the pity..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HollymirchiPiyatrix

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Not sure if it was reshot but i know it was delayed & no one expected it to do well cos it came after the disaster called Kites & Ranbir wasn't that big a star either..Well, Basu is a decent director so lets hope its not a disaster LOL

Originally posted by rogerrocks

OMG am so happy to see someone who hates Imtiaz's films ( apart from SNT & JWM) as much as i do LOL  Cos everyone else i know loves him LOL  His films have great music though so am really looking forward to the album..

Which is just sad..Ayaan has so much potential..Good films do well these days..WUS would have fared so much better if it released today..Someone drill some sense into his head Ouch

Ahh SNT is his super underrated classic! JWM was good too...and no comment on the films after that. LOL I know everyone loves Imtiaz but I find him so overrated. Though yeah his music is good. I was so upset when someone said Anand Rai is the poor man's Imtiaz...W*F! Rai so far is a better director than Imtiaz . 

Yeah WUS did come a little early. It would have done wonders today. 

About Barfi, all I remember it was delayed and everyone thought it was going to a super depressing boring film. LOL I guess for Basu's films it's best to just expect the unexpected. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

-mistyeyed- Senior Member
-mistyeyed-
-mistyeyed-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Some people here seem to not understand the difference between what is written inside IF and what is written outside of it. Hardly anywhere is the blame for the debacle of BV being placed on Ranbir. Even KRK is making fun of Anurag instead of taking on Ranbir or even Karan Johar. Its only a bunch of people here, on IF, who are mocking Ranbir and people are assuming that the entire industry is thinkin along those lines.

Far from it. The failure of BV is just a minor road-block for him. He is not like Sushant and Ayushman who have to earn their livlihood by doing films. They stand to lose or gain from every single film they do. Ranbir is so very protected and lucky in this aspect. Even the media is so protective towards him that they are even coating their criticism in sugar.

Just imagine any other actor in place of Ranbir and he would have been ripped into shreds, including the khans. That is why I personally don't feel sorry for Ranbir. He has nothing to lose with BV or even with his next ten films flopping. He will keep getting films - good films under big banners, irrespective of their box office fate for a very long time.

Anurag on the other hand is an indie film-maker at heart. He was already not popular to begin with and now with everyone placing the blame of BV's failure on him, no wonder he has decided to run away from India.LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

glitter.IhateKhansswati82KhanSinghKumaratominis

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dietcoke1

Originally posted by IHeartDeepika.

LMAO OUCH 6 crores opening! ROFL
This is the guy who was gonna take over the Khans? Stern SmileThis is sooo embarrassing for such a big film. Let's take him off that pedestal now shall we? 

we get it you love Deepika, alot of us do too, but theres no point dissing Ranbir coz your idol loves him too(enough to walk around with RK tattoo for last how many years). Everyone knows this movie has been a labour of love, it's not jus a south remake rip off, people have actually put so much handwork into it...so celebrating it's failure jus reflects badly on you...DP is on top now but tables can turn anytime...If ranbir kapoor can fall then so can DP..nothing is permanent in BW. Ranbir will bounce back...

another thing...Ranbir cheated on DP, not on you...so why do u take it personally n hate him?LOL

lamest defense... u r so emotional man... always taking things personal with everyone and preaching people, bringing families, advising others... let them bash who cares... not everyone is ranbir fan.. as i said they have every inch of right to bash today..
this will subside in few days...
it doesn't reflect badly on them, it reflects badly on you to beg around...just avoid the post for few days...
have the courage to hear what the haters have to say for 2-3 days and stop getting personal with everyone...just because u don't bash doesn't mean other rk fans haven't bashed deepika, does she preach around like u when they bash her? NO.

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:21am | IP Logged
ok we expect the film to be aflop but less than 6cr for even in the dream no one expect this really hurt the cast badly

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IhateKhansKhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:21am | IP Logged
well, that's an unbelievably sad opening... this is heartbreaking
i am not at all happy about it... wonder what went wrong, promotions were there, buzz was there, albeit negative...seems below average first trailer killed the interest
rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Ahh SNT is his super underrated classic! JWM was good too...and no comment on the films after that. LOL I know everyone loves Imtiaz but I find him so overrated. Though yeah his music is good. I was so upset when someone said Anand Rai is the poor man's Imtiaz...W*F! Rai so far is a better director than Imtiaz . 

Yeah WUS did come a little early. It would have done wonders today. 

About Barfi, all I remember it was delayed and everyone thought it was going to a super depressing boring film. LOL I guess for Basu's films it's best to just expect the unexpected. 

SNT is a lovely lovely film..Post JWM, Imtiaz keeps dishing out pseudo-intellectual crap..I hated LAK & Rockstar LOL  Oh Anand Rai is million times better..Both TWM & Ranjhanna are way better than the usual crap Imtiaz serves ( the worst part about Imtiaz is the way he romanticizes extramarital affairs LOL)

I think the music plays a very important role here..Barfi had some of the most gorgeous songs in recent times..I'd go as far as calling them classics whether its Phir le aaya dil or Saawli si raat..If JJ's album is half as good as that, it'l help the movie a long way..Infact i actually think most Basu films have great music..Whether its Metro or Gangster..So if anything, am looking forward to the albums of both JJ & Tamasha LOL

P.S. Tbh, i loved the songs of BV too..Not mainstream enough to become a rage but i loved Trivedi's work..

Edited by rogerrocks - 16 May 2015 at 1:23am

princessunara

Fiery-Phoenix Senior Member

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

dietcoke1

Go to top