Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 125)

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
This is extremely disappointing.

However, after seeing the very first trailer..I felt the film wasn't going to be what it's being made out to be. I had high hopes from the film..and despite being a fan of both Ranbir and Anushka..the trailers weren't intriguing enough for me to develop any kind of excitement. I don't know why...and I've been anxiously waiting for this film for so long. So, while it's the opening numbers are very disappointing..I feel it's somewhat expected...what makes it seem far worse is the film's atrociously huge budget.

I don't know what I'd think of this film content wise... I've yet to see it..but such a film for any actor would be a gamble in a place like India. So, I'm not too sure why certain fan groups are rejoicing like they've just won the lottery? If you make a bad film, then logically speaking, it shouldn't do well...no matter who's in it. Fortunately, Ranbir doesn't seem to have fanatics that start gulping phenyl when something doesn't go in favor of their favorite actor...so logic does seem to prevail in Ranbir's case here...which is a good thing. Tongue

And lol @ Deepika fans...the funny thing here is I've never seen some of these fans feel this excited during (rare) times when Deepika does something commendable. I guess that's what happens when your hatred for an actor exceeds your love for your favorite. lol

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

EllaElladietcoke1PiyatrixMeherbaanprincessunara

-mistyeyed- Senior Member
-mistyeyed-
-mistyeyed-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Most people mocking BV are Salman fans and not Deepika fans.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pharma3SELINA_MVhedwig_fawkesBasilisk

Aweeeecute Goldie
Aweeeecute
Aweeeecute

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

However, after seeing the very first trailer..I felt the film wasn't going to be what it's being made out to be. I had high hopes from the film..and despite being a fan of both Ranbir and Anushka..the trailers weren't intriguing enough for me to develop any kind of excitement. I don't know why...and I've been anxiously waiting for this film for so long. So, while it's the opening numbers are very disappointing..I feel it's somewhat expected...what makes it seem far worse is the film's atrociously huge budget.

I don't know what I'd think of this film content wise... I've yet to see it..but such a film for any actor would be a gamble in a place like India. So, I'm not too sure why certain fan groups are rejoicing like they've just won the lottery? If you make a bad film, then logically speaking, it shouldn't do well...no matter who's in it. Fortunately, Ranbir doesn't seem to have fanatics that start gulping phenyl when something doesn't go in favor of their favorite actor...so logic does seem to prevail in Ranbir's case here...which is a good thing. Tongue

And lol @ Deepika fans...the funny thing here is I've never seen some of these fans feel this excited during (rare) times when Deepika does something commendable. I guess that's what happens when your hatred for an actor exceeds your love for your favorite. lol
Aweeeecute Goldie
Aweeeecute
Aweeeecute

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

why blame deepika fans
lot(not all) of ranbir fans were making fun od deepika after finding fanny

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SportsFreak-Piku-Beautyful_Mess

-mistyeyed- Senior Member
-mistyeyed-
-mistyeyed-

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Bad films with actors having real star power have done very well before. Almost every film of SRK and Salman are proof that they can make average to poor films into a super-hit. So to say that a bad film will not do well is logical is an illogical statement on its own. Anyway a film is a composit of many things, including the lead actor. So if BV is being criticised, a lot of the blame should rest on the lead actors too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Piku-

SportsFreak Goldie
SportsFreak
SportsFreak

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

lol at the fact that you signal DP fans. Why not Salman fans? They have been the ones laughing throughout this thread. We all know you don't like DP the fact you randomly bring her here maybe also shows your hate for her is stronger than the love for your fav. And DP was mocked with FF even RK fans mocked her. It was even called floppy fanny and I didn't see you calling out on people hypocrisy much? You're good as your last film and DPs last film is doing well unlike the superstar RK. Every actor flop is laughed at in this forum not only RK and anu you're just feeling bad coz it's your favorite

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sianskipperPharma3IceflamesKulfii.-Piku-Beautyful_Mess

fairy_queen Senior Member
fairy_queen
fairy_queen

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
ROFL this thread filled with dp and sallu fans. do broken hearts ka keemat tum kya jano, ramesh babu

Edited by fairy_queen - 15 May 2015 at 9:09pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

EllaElladietcoke1vib.MeherbaanPiyatrixprincessunara

Sheetal007 Newbie
Sheetal007
Sheetal007

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -mistyeyed-

Bad films with actors having real star power have done very well before. Almost every film of SRK and Salman are proof that they can make average to poor films into a super-hit. So to say that a bad film will not do well is logical is an illogical statement on its own. Anyway a film is a composit of many things, including the lead actor. So if BV is being criticised, a lot of the blame should rest on the lead actors too.

many of Salman khan and Shah Rukh Khan movies have also bombed at boxoffice. Amir Khan's as well. every actor goes thru a bad phase. Ranbir has given back to back 3 flops or say disasters already. 

if he is smart, immediately he should manipulate and dump jagoo jasoos. and i think better even if he gets rid of kjo's next. kjo almost destroyed shah's career. to some extent kareena kapoor's career as well.

his next is imtiaz's .  lol...imtiaz is very much capable of delivering a dud. 

success don't come easy. Ranbir has to make up his mind whether he wants to do quality movies or seek commercial success only. i don't want him stuck doing a yjhd and tamasha kind of movies.  i really don't mind seeing performances like in BV or RockStar, or a Barfi.

Edited by Sheetal007 - 15 May 2015 at 9:22pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

EllaElla-mistyeyed-dietcoke1PiyatrixMeherbaan

Go to top