Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 110)

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AvadaKedavra

@Roger: Damn! I was going to go watch it today but now reading your reviews I think I might just skip it. I'm not someone that can sit through a snooze-fest of a movie no matter how much of a fan I'm of those actors. And like your friend was begging you to leave, I remember begging my friend to leave during HNY. I hated that shit even though it had two of my fav actors. 
But was it that bad? I had really high hopes from this movie. Ugh I'm so disappointed! 

No no please watch & judge for yourself LOL  Its just that i found it very boring..I loved RK's performance though so if you are a fan you should probably just watch it for him & Anu..They both are really good..Its the direction & screenplay which is all over the place..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Basiliskprincessunara

DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:31am | IP Logged
I think Anurag only excel as Director if he isn't under any pressure. All his films which are high on acclaim always starred Non-Big-Superstars, No Bang Music, just strong theatre artist n strong story telling.
Black Friday, Ugly, GOW Series, u will find his excellence, now u suddenly hand over him a cast which is Mainstream commercial cinema's upcoming big names, a huge budget to spend backed by solid PH, now here he couldn't handle the pressure to give best & just couldn't do the justice to the film the way he wanted to make.

There are catchy lines in his directed films like "Keh Ke lunga" became instant hit or like "Akkha mumbai mein angaar lagayega mai" from Black Friday... He couldn't give that much SOLID LINES to Jhonny Balraj or any other character... from trailer itself he lost the half battle, rest half opening ne kar diya kaam...

You shouldn't experiment with the kind of film you want to make, here Anurag tried to do commercial cinema, ended up making history's biggest disaster. Still it's saving some grace as film is not withdrawn from cinema halls.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

houmum

--Pro.vo.King-- IF-Dazzler
--Pro.vo.King--
--Pro.vo.King--

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rhino2close2car

Originally posted by dietcoke1

Originally posted by LaFUNgA

Originally posted by dietcoke1

@ Lafunga...why dont u celebrate salmon's bail instead of focussing on ranbir...who knows how long salman will be a free man for... and atleast ranbir failures r jus movie flops...while salmon's failures are actual crimesLOL

And then ppl wondering why Salman fans celebrating BV failure LOL ^ THis LOL

and not only that...Ranbir has Katrina n lives with her...and is doing next film with Aishwarya...both gals that want nothing to do with salmanClapLOL 

He has Salman's left overs LOL

Chewed up and spit out by Bhai  WinkWinkWink

Isn't he a self proclaimed virgin ? LOLLOLLOL ..doubt if there was any chewing & spitting LOLLOLLOL.. but then again he also said he is a liar .. LOLLOLLOL
guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Originally posted by .krackjack.

@Rogie : OMG...it's as bad as HNY then? Y'day I though we were just joking...pata nhi tha...that it would turn true. LOL You haven't ended up with a neck sprain na? LOL BTW I'm glad you liked something, I guess I shouldn't watch this movie now. Will save my money for Twmr. LOL 

Dude remember all those crazy predictions we made? Clearly we had very high expectations LOL  Some of it just looks like plain lazy writing but i know thats not the problem..Anurag tries to show something but its come out looking like something totally different..Despite everything, i loved the climax..If only the build-up to it was good, the climax would have been a lot more impactful..My friend loved the climax for totally different reasons..She was glad it was finally over LOL  I have no idea if its as bad as HNY..Haven't seen the film..Guess not..I don think its that bad LOL

Yeah, the Omkara + Serial predictions.LOL Looks like Anurag  was caught between his vision and the commercial aspect. I remember we had a discussion about the directors and piyatrix mentioned how directors need to be true to their vision. Otherwise all kinds of fans will be disappointed at the end. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded a mess-up but this is a big-budget mess up and a lots of people are gonna get effected. I hope Anurag comes back with a bang though. Don't know when it's gonna happen. Not very soon, I guess. 

rogerrocks

Sharif.Badmaash IF-Stunnerz
Sharif.Badmaash
Sharif.Badmaash

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sharif.Badmaash

@Roger did u prefered the first half m scenes ki khichdi or the slow & monotous route towards the end after interval ... #justasking coz i liked the first half & ppl near me hated it LOL

I actually liked the second half more..Is that weird?LOL I assumed its gonna be terrible thanks to all the reviews so thats probably why i ended up liking it in comparisonLOL I cant believe Kashyap is the same guy who made a brilliant film like UglyConfused
Naah maybe my choice is weird ConfusedLOL ,
SPOILER

didnt really liked the film after that fight organisers' wife dies in bomb blast and Johny portrays that it was Rosie .

Clearly big budget movies like isnt his thing . Tried to make it too commercial and ended up making a khichdi . LOL

Edited by Sharif.Badmaash - 15 May 2015 at 11:44am

rogerrocks

guftagoo IF-Rockerz
guftagoo
guftagoo

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Dude, chewed and spit out? Do you even hear yourself? Confused
Basilisk IF-Sizzlerz
Basilisk
Basilisk

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by AvadaKedavra

@Roger: Damn! I was going to go watch it today but now reading your reviews I think I might just skip it. I'm not someone that can sit through a snooze-fest of a movie no matter how much of a fan I'm of those actors. And like your friend was begging you to leave, I remember begging my friend to leave during HNY. I hated that shit even though it had two of my fav actors. 
But was it that bad? I had really high hopes from this movie. Ugh I'm so disappointed! 

No no please watch & judge for yourself LOL  Its just that i found it very boring..I loved RK's performance though so if you are a fan you should probably just watch it for him & Anu..They both are really good..Its the direction & screenplay which is all over the place..

Yea I'm a fan of his acting Embarrassed It's just that I don't think I can make myself sit through a boring 2 and a half hour movie. But I'll try to catch it for RK, if I can convince my friend...she read the reviews and she has refused to come with me OuchLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maha70guftagooprincessunararogerrocks

FreeBird03 IF-Sizzlerz
FreeBird03
FreeBird03

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:36am | IP Logged
disappointing :(
I was looking forward to this movie only because I'm a fan of Anurag Kashyap's cinema...Gangs of Wasseypur is among my all time fav, recently watched Ugly which was good too... so I had hopes from BV..might skip this one now because I wanted to watch the film for his direction and story telling and if that is not good then there's no point! :/

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guftagooSharif.Badmaash

Go to top