Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS (Page 106)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Originally posted by hedwig_fawkes

I think one thing people should learn from this is the difference between a director and a writer. Writers get zero credit in BW. If the script is good, the director gets the credit and vice versa. Then people are confused about how a Dibakar Bannerjee could make an "Oye lucky lucky oye" and a DBB. But he didn't write either of those scripts. Same for Anurag. So many people think raju Hirani scripts his own films. He doesn't. People wonder why the first Munnabhai was different from his other films, well it's because it had a different writer.
The point I am trying to make is, the script doesn't appear out of nowhere at the directors command. Instead of just looking at directors and actors, we should look at writers too.

Unfortunately Anurag co-wrote the script. He himself told a story in a video interview about how him and another writer (Vasan Bala?) wrote the script together in one stretch somewhere in a dingy room. Maybe it was a Bollywood Hungama one, most likely.

Ummm and Dibaker did co-write DBB as well...is it so hard to imagine that creative ppl can EVOLVE as they make new films?   We all want them to keep making the same film over and over again...but at the end of the day they aren't robots...creative souls are restless...they want to make something that drives them...and mistakes are very much possible along the way...there is no 100% success rate.

Anyways at the end of the day, opinions will remains subjective...DBB was actually more of a rebel in terms of scripting cuz it literally didn't have a single element of typical Hindi movie trappings...no epic love story, no sweeping love ballads, songs...BV seems to have those elements, still it's floundering...so then what is the perfect formula, oh learned ones?LOL

Atleast Dibaker stuck to his guns and didn't throw in a love story for the sake of giving his movie a typical elementLOL

This isn't a fighting match between Anurag and Dibaker, Anu LOLConfused And Dibaker can win it for all I care because no one here is taking the responsibility of the product away from Anurag or talking about any sure shot formulas...just the contrary in fact. If people think DBB was a better attempt at a niche filmmaker doing bigger scale, that's great. More power to all these creative people to try and attempt delivering different but good movies.

jibber-jabber IF-Sizzlerz
jibber-jabber
jibber-jabber

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:31am | IP Logged

Son of Anil Kapoor, Sunny Deol, Anil Sharma, Aditya Pancholi, SRK are going to be launched within 3Yrs so R Kapoor has got tough time ahead.

8 retweets22 favorites
 Retweet8
 Favorite22
Follow
More

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousman

ZanduBaaM IF-Sizzlerz
ZanduBaaM
ZanduBaaM

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jibber-jabber

I don't know how humiliating is this for Ranbir but now he has 2depend on his ex @deepikapadukone to save his career as emerging super star.

13 retweets23 favorites
 Retweet13
 Favorite23
Follow
More

he is bang on but kya kare sach kadwa hota hai LOL

adventurousman

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

This isn't a fighting match between Anurag and Dibaker, Anu LOLConfused And Dibaker can win it for all I care because no one here is taking the responsibility of the product away from Anurag or talking about any sure shot formulas...just the contrary in fact. If people think DBB was a better attempt at a niche filmmaker doing bigger scale, that's great. More power to all these creative people to try and attempt delivering different but good movies.

LOL my response was more to the quoted post  than yours...you may not be aware of the discussions that went on in the DBB reviews thread...it was similar in nature with ppl condemning the script and DB for not making more OLLO type stuffLOL...and ofcourse the usual celebrating the failure of a film for actually thinking out of the box. 

And I was struck by Anurag oh so GLEEFULLY declaring in an interview that he put in a love story cuz he wanted ppl to pay attention to this film he's making about the evolution of Bombay...well suffice to say, a love story doesn't always some storytelling make.

DBB atleast promised on what it claimed in it's promos...Expect the Unexpected...it turned every typical bolly movie trope on it's head STARTING with a very UNHEROIC hero...BV never struck that chord from the get go only and somehow even though ppl accuse DB of something similar in the case of DBB, I think it is Anurag who got more consumed with his vision and ended up making a self-indulgent khichdi. 

Edited by AreYaar - 15 May 2015 at 10:41am

kabeeraspeaking

KillStarBamboo Senior Member

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

adventurousman

G..OAT IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveehedwig_fawkes-Arsal-DilDuffer....FilmiDhun.jibber-jabberIHeartDeepika.rogerrockscharminggenieTheRager

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:42am | IP Logged

Kamaal R Khan-KRK @kamaalrkhan

I don't know how humiliating is this for Ranbir but now he has 2depend on his ex @deepikapadukone to save his career as emerging super star.

As expected LOL

Edited by dingle_hopper - 15 May 2015 at 10:42am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

KillStarBamboo-PinaColada-ani_grTheRager

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by B-TEX

LMAO.

You have to watch it atleast for Karan NC LOL  I have no idea what made Anurag cast him..The film is incredibly boring & my friend was literally counting seconds but KJo saves the day thanks to all the unintentional hilarity LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousmanG..OATprincessunaracharminggenieSharif.BadmaashTheRager

Go to top