Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Star_girl

Okay thanks. How about Blue (Akshay starrer) though? 

Blue is just a FLOP not a disaster!!!
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^ Thank you DB. I guess we should wait for the weekend figure. Edited by Star_girl - 8 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Bombay Velvet set to be the biggest disaster of all time

30 mins agoby Indicine Team4 Comments1 min read

Bombay Velvet is set to be the biggest disaster of all time, as the film could finish with lifetime business of around Rs 25 crore.

On Saturday morning, the occupancy was lower than Friday. A few exhibitors have reportedly increased the shows of Piku' and Mad Max: Fury Road', and decreased the shows of Bombay Velvet'.

The film has collected Rs 5.2 crore on Day 1, which is lower than the first day business of 2015 films like Gabbar Is Back, Fast and Furious 7, Avengers: The Age of Ultron, Roy, Baby, Badlapur, Tevar, Piku and even Ek Paheli Leela.

Even films like Detective Byomkesh Bakshi and Shamitabh, which released on fewer screens, had better overall occupancy on Day 1.

Bombay Velvet will struggle to recover even its marketing costs through theatrical business and the distributors share of the film could be around 12-13 crore! In fact, it remains to be seen if Bombay Velvet can collect as much as the first day business of Besharam (Rs 21.5 crore).

Advertisements

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: dietcoke1

yeh exactly...how else does a review thread reach 150 pages if it has only been ONE DAY since the release of the movie...even PIKU review thread has not touched 100 pages despite movie doing well.

Piku thread didn't reached 100 pages because people here waits for a failure
Bashers doesn't come close when a movie is a success
Maximum they post their review and go away
When a movie fails that too when the failure is epic, everyone gathers around to show the bitchiness or solidarity
wait to see what will happen when Tamasha or BM releases
No fandom is dudh ta dhula hua including RK fansEdited by hermione82 - 8 years ago
Star_girl thumbnail

Karan Johar retweeted Gauri Shinde

https://twitter.com/gauris/status/599489449278377985 ... Gauri!!! Please cast me!! Will audition for you!!

Karan Johar added,

Gauri Shinde @gauris
@karanjohar what a smashing performance! Truly unique take on a villain role! Superb! Can I cast you?
Star_girl thumbnail
^^ LMAO. He legit has no shame. 
🤣
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: hermione82

Piku thread didn't reached 100 pages because people here waits for a failure
Bashers doesn't come close when a movie is a success
Maximum they post their review and go away
When a movie fails that too when the failure is epic, everyone gathers around to show the bitchiness or solidarity
wait to see what will happen when Tamasha or BM releases
No fandom is dudh ta dhula hua including RK fans

Han tou human nature is sadist. The happiness with some one's failure has no match. You will always see me being most active in such threads. I am not being a hypocrite...none of us are here. So if BV bombing makes us happy...nacho saray jee phar ke :D
Edited by cougarTown - 8 years ago
Czarina thumbnail
Pretty sure the thread is 150 pages long because it was merged with another topic. Simple.
Considering the hype behind this movie, and we're talking at least a year's worth here, and the stars behind it, and the fact that the promotions have been in your face, of course people will flock here to discuss it's failure. Why not? It's the big topic in the industry at present. Hard reading for some but tough cheese. You can't have bouquets without brickbats on occasion. 

Having said that, my contribution is this; Anurag appears to have dropped the 'smaller stars' in vain. He himself confirmed things didn't work out with Ranveer because he couldn't get a big enough budget with a no-name like him. So, where has the big name star and the massive budget gotten him? An unrecoverable sum of money that's been pissed down the pan. And for what? Artistic vision? Yeaaah. 
Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

https://twitter.com/gauris/status/599489449278377985 ... Gauri!!! Please cast me!! Will audition for you!!

Karan Johar added,

Gauri Shinde @gauris
@karanjohar what a smashing performance! Truly unique take on a villain role! Superb! Can I cast you?

Dafuq. 🤣
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

https://twitter.com/gauris/status/599489449278377985... Gauri!!! Please cast me!! Will audition for you!!

Karan Johar added,

Gauri Shinde@gauris

KJo didn't understood its a dig 😆