Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS - Page 109

-mistyeyed- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Some people here seem to not understand the difference between what is written inside IF and what is written outside of it. Hardly anywhere is the blame for the debacle of BV being placed on Ranbir. Even KRK is making fun of Anurag instead of taking on Ranbir or even Karan Johar. Its only a bunch of people here, on IF, who are mocking Ranbir and people are assuming that the entire industry is thinkin along those lines.

Far from it. The failure of BV is just a minor road-block for him. He is not like Sushant and Ayushman who have to earn their livlihood by doing films. They stand to lose or gain from every single film they do. Ranbir is so very protected and lucky in this aspect. Even the media is so protective towards him that they are even coating their criticism in sugar.

Just imagine any other actor in place of Ranbir and he would have been ripped into shreds, including the khans. That is why I personally don't feel sorry for Ranbir. He has nothing to lose with BV or even with his next ten films flopping. He will keep getting films - good films under big banners, irrespective of their box office fate for a very long time.

Anurag on the other hand is an indie film-maker at heart. He was already not popular to begin with and now with everyone placing the blame of BV's failure on him, no wonder he has decided to run away from India.😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: dietcoke1

we get it you love Deepika, alot of us do too, but theres no point dissing Ranbir coz your idol loves him too(enough to walk around with RK tattoo for last how many years). Everyone knows this movie has been a labour of love, it's not jus a south remake rip off, people have actually put so much handwork into it...so celebrating it's failure jus reflects badly on you...DP is on top now but tables can turn anytime...If ranbir kapoor can fall then so can DP..nothing is permanent in BW. Ranbir will bounce back...

another thing...Ranbir cheated on DP, not on you...so why do u take it personally n hate him?😆

lamest defense... u r so emotional man... always taking things personal with everyone and preaching people, bringing families, advising others... let them bash who cares... not everyone is ranbir fan.. as i said they have every inch of right to bash today..
this will subside in few days...
it doesn't reflect badly on them, it reflects badly on you to beg around...just avoid the post for few days...
have the courage to hear what the haters have to say for 2-3 days and stop getting personal with everyone...just because u don't bash doesn't mean other rk fans haven't bashed deepika, does she preach around like u when they bash her? NO.

theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ok we expect the film to be aflop but less than 6cr for even in the dream no one expect this really hurt the cast badly
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well, that's an unbelievably sad opening... this is heartbreaking
i am not at all happy about it... wonder what went wrong, promotions were there, buzz was there, albeit negative...seems below average first trailer killed the interest
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: chocolover89

Ahh SNT is his super underrated classic! JWM was good too...and no comment on the films after that. 😆 I know everyone loves Imtiaz but I find him so overrated. Though yeah his music is good. I was so upset when someone said Anand Rai is the poor man's Imtiaz...W*F! Rai so far is a better director than Imtiaz . 

Yeah WUS did come a little early. It would have done wonders today. 

About Barfi, all I remember it was delayed and everyone thought it was going to a super depressing boring film. ðŸ˜† I guess for Basu's films it's best to just expect the unexpected. 

SNT is a lovely lovely film..Post JWM, Imtiaz keeps dishing out pseudo-intellectual crap..I hated LAK & Rockstar ðŸ˜†  Oh Anand Rai is million times better..Both TWM & Ranjhanna are way better than the usual crap Imtiaz serves ( the worst part about Imtiaz is the way he romanticizes extramarital affairs ðŸ˜†)

I think the music plays a very important role here..Barfi had some of the most gorgeous songs in recent times..I'd go as far as calling them classics whether its Phir le aaya dil or Saawli si raat..If JJ's album is half as good as that, it'l help the movie a long way..Infact i actually think most Basu films have great music..Whether its Metro or Gangster..So if anything, am looking forward to the albums of both JJ & Tamasha ðŸ˜†

P.S. Tbh, i loved the songs of BV too..Not mainstream enough to become a rage but i loved Trivedi's work..
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

lamest defense... u r so emotional man... always taking things personal with everyone and preaching people, bringing families, advising others... let them bash who cares... not everyone is ranbir fan.. as i said they have every inch of right to bash today..
this will subside in few days...
it doesn't reflect badly on them, it reflects badly on you to beg around...just avoid the post for few days...
have the courage to hear what the haters have to say for 2-3 days and stop getting personal with everyone...just because u don't bash doesn't mean other rk fans haven't bashed deepika, does she preach around like u when they bash her? NO.

Hahahha ðŸ¤£
I am trying to decide what is more funny. You or You...😆
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Today when I see the living legend Amitabh celebrate the success of Piku..That too Piku the female stars name in the film..I realise how important it is for the actor and the brand..especially the brand..Piku's success gives extended  aura to the AB brand..he sees more money coming his way on KBC & other endorsements.

Ranbir's scary opening numbers will ensure that half his brands will run away..there are many bright eyed young actors there...and just like Saif and Akki,his fees will be reduced.

P.S. I think he would have lost some endorsements anyway..he is terrible in them and really not so likeable these days.
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
BOI gives more numbers than the producers to only Amir and RK😆

#BombayVelvet Fri 5.20 cr. India biz. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
More drugs for ranbir
Katu should take his care...more salad and eggs

He would still be in shock for now..will take time to absorb
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG Taran and BOI are out for blood.
😆