Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: SportsFreak

lol at the fact that you signal DP fans. Why not Salman fans?
They have been the ones laughing throughout this thread. We all know you don't like DP the fact you randomly bring her here maybe also shows your hate for her is stronger than the love for your fav. And DP was mocked with FF even RK fans mocked her. It was even called floppy fanny and I didn't see you calling out on people hypocrisy much? You're good as your last film and DPs last film is doing well unlike the superstar RK. Every actor flop is laughed at in this forum not only RK and anu you're just feeling bad coz it's your favorite

@ red: Did you seriously miss reading the bold part? or did you just choose to read the part after I mentioned Deepika?
And this thread is filled with Salman and Deepika fans rejoicing. This thread is about to touch 150 pages and it just opened...and more than half of the thread is filled with comments from OTHER fan groups about how happy they are that the film is failing. Give me a break. ๐Ÿ˜† Let's not make Deepika the bechari now out of all things going on here. ๐Ÿ˜† And, I have no idea what was said in any FF thread nor do I care because I don't really have that much time on my hands to go around celebrating Deepika's failures...unlike what many are doing in this thread when it comes to Ranbir...just stating the obvious in this thread.

dietcoke1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

And this thread is filled with Salman and Deepika fans rejoicing. This thread is about to touch 150 pages and it just opened...and more than half of the thread is filled with comments from OTHER fan groups about how happy they are that the film is failing. Give me a break. ๐Ÿ˜† Let's not make Deepika the bechari now out of all things going on here. ๐Ÿ˜† And, I have no idea what was said in any FF thread nor do I care because I don't really have that much time on my hands to go around celebrating Deepika's failures...unlike what many are doing in this thread when it comes to Ranbir...just stating the obvious in this thread.

yeh exactly...how else does a review thread reach 150 pages if it has only been ONE DAY since the release of the movie...even PIKU review thread has not touched 100 pages despite movie doing well. 
-mistyeyed- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Unlike the Khans, Ranbir has been tranformed into some kind of a mythical superstar by the media and the industry, way too soon. The Khans did have their share of flops but when that was happening, they were not lauded by everyone as the next gen superstars. Ranbir is being mercilessly pulled down because he has been pushed up way too early in his career.

But anyway, I think everyone is being silly about Ranbir being finished with BV. Far from it. Apart from the fact that he is very talented, one must not forget that he belongs to the first family of bollywood and the film fraternity will never let him fail completely. So he will keep getting good films, some of them which will certainly turn into money spinners.

It is actors like Ayushman and Sushant who are the real losers with no back up from the industry or their family, who have to keep proving their worth with every single film. People like Ranbir can easily afford many BV's.
fairy_queen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
some public comments:

Thoroughly enjoyed @anuragkashyap72 's #BombayVelvet last night. Nothing like this has been ever made here. No idea what critics are smoking

I found #piku a tiresome bore while loved #BombayVelvet I'm clearly ahead of the times

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retwe

#BombayVelvet was a very interesting and entertaining film, depicting #Bombay is a very vicious way. Amazing performance by karan & Ranbir.

#PRDMovieReviews : #BombayVelvet to be honest is NOT @anuragkashyap72 's best but it is not Bad as people are trying to prove..

Ppl criticizing Bombay Velvet...but I like it...a wonderful presentation of 60's Now go ahead and judge me

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite

You can't miss a movie like #BombayVelvet Its an Epic! ' Movies like this are rare now-a-days..!! Great work Team.. '

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite

The viciousness in some of the mainstream media reviews of Bombay Velvet is odd. Some make it sound like they personally won!

I really liked the movie! #BombayVelvet

1 retweet1 favorite
 Retweet1
 Favorite1

Watched #bombayvelvet...amazing movie...gr8 wrk @AnushkaSharma @karanjohar

Bombay Velvet, another Masterpiece by the ace film maker @anuragkashyap72. Just fell in love with Johnny. What Screenplay Sir.

Edited by fairy_queen - 8 years ago
fairy_queen thumbnail

Paanch, black Friday, Gulaal , DevD, Ugly, No Smoking , GANGS OF WASSEYPUR and Now Bombay Velvet. BaapJi Favorite Director !

Bombay Velvet...great flick!

A director should be allowed to try something new just because he's not doing what he did earlier doesn't make his movie bad #BombayVelvet

Must watch #BombayVelvet for great #jazz , if not for anything else. Great performances!

One moment from #BombayVelvet that still lingers on my mind is the Dhadaam Dhadaam song. Exquisite picturisation!!

Really liked #BombayVelvet. Brilliant acting. @karanjohar looked menacing but lil more work on dialogue delivery. Kudos @anuragkashyap72!!!!

#BombayVelvet was nice, significantly better than its trailer, acting & production lived up to high expectations too.

And this is all within minutes of searching! This is exactly what baffled me. The same critics that give Action Jackson 3 stars give BV 2.5 stars? Are you kidding me?

Favorit
Edited by fairy_queen - 8 years ago
fairy_queen thumbnail
Ranbir should take a leaf out of his ex's book and come up with a controversy quick!! ๐Ÿ˜†
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: -mistyeyed-

Unlike the Khans, Ranbir has been tranformed into some kind of a mythical superstar by the media and the industry, way too soon. The Khans did have their share of flops but when that was happening, they were not lauded by everyone as the next gen superstars. Ranbir is being mercilessly pulled down because he has been pushed up way too early in his career.

But anyway, I think everyone is being silly about Ranbir being finished with BV. Far from it. Apart from the fact that he is very talented, one must not forget that he belongs to the first family of bollywood and the film fraternity will never let him fail completely. So he will keep getting good films, some of them which will certainly turn into money spinners.

It is actors like Ayushman and Sushant who are the real losers with no back up from the industry or their family, who have to keep proving their worth with every single film. People like Ranbir can easily afford many BV's.

Ranbir proved himself pretty early in his career. None of his male or female contemporaries received such accolades earlier on..a lot of them only improved with time and only then started receiving appreciation. Ranbir has the talent..and a bad film doesn't take that away from him.. and as a fan, I find that to be the most important. Good and bad films are both bound to happen.

Also, I've been reading some reviews and seems like the film in its entirety isn't that great and it may just not be a good film overall?..there's more to it than just Ranbir's acting chops. As far as opening is concerned..I think everyone pretty much agrees that the opening figures are disappointing..but then I even admit that as a Ranbir fan..I didn't find myself excited watching the trailers/songs etc...because the film was not what I had imagined it to be during this past year and a half. I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt the same..and the film was already a gamble to begin with. Such films rarely work in the commercial Indian film world...and to top it off, the crazy budget involved. It would have been great if the opening would have been more than what it is, but then the WOM may have brought the film down right after...so, this whole issue of targeting Ranbir here is pretty silly in my eyes. I'd like to see the likes of some of Bollywood's superstars try doing such a movie, let alone try making it work at the box office. You need intent as an actor to take up such films in the first place.
dietcoke1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: fairy_queen

Paanch, black Friday, Gulaal , DevD, Ugly, No Smoking , GANGS OF WASSEYPUR and Now Bombay Velvet. BaapJi Favorite Director !

Bombay Velvet...great flick!

A director should be allowed to try something new just because he's not doing what he did earlier doesn't make his movie bad #BombayVelvet

Must watch #BombayVelvet for great #jazz , if not for anything else. Great performances!

One moment from #BombayVelvet that still lingers on my mind is the Dhadaam Dhadaam song. Exquisite picturisation!!

And this is all within minutes of searching! This is exactly what baffled me. The same critics that give Action Jackson 3 stars give BV 2.5 stars? Are you kidding me?

I've seen action jackson and theres no way BV cud have been worse than that...giving BV 2.5 stars is harsh when so many of even sonam's films(the flop ones) have gotten 3 stars. 
BollyBoy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Ranbir proved himself pretty early in his career. None of his male or female contemporaries received such accolades earlier on..a lot of them only improved with time and only then started receiving appreciation. Ranbir has the talent..and a bad film doesn't take that away from him.. and as a fan, I find that to be the most important. Good and bad films are both bound to happen.

Also, I've been reading some reviews and seems like the film in its entirety isn't that great and it may just not be a good film overall?..there's more to it than just Ranbir's acting chops. As far as opening is concerned..I think everyone pretty much agrees that the opening figures are disappointing..but then I even admit that as a Ranbir fan..I didn't find myself excited watching the trailers/songs etc...because the film was not what I had imagined it to be during this past year and a half. I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt the same..and the film was already a gamble to begin with. Such films rarely work in the commercial Indian film world...and to top it off, the crazy budget involved. It would have been great if the opening would have been more than what it is, but then the WOM may have brought the film down right after...so, this whole issue of targeting Ranbir here is pretty silly in my eyes. I'd like to see the likes of some of Bollywood's superstars try doing such a movie, let alone try making it work at the box office. You need intent as an actor to take up such films in the first place.

I'm a big fan of Ranbir's work too but the trailers really let me down as well. What I imagined it to be and what it actually turned out to be was completely different. My expectations were too high I guess because of Ranbir's earlier filmography. He will surely bounce back though.
Edited by BollyBoy - 8 years ago
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hits and flops are a part of an actor's career! RK has nothing to worry About ... I never get the Sadist feeling of laughing ... comeon people!