Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I hope this is an eye opener to all the film makers that audience will not put up with your crap anymore.
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am agree Deepika's stardom is better than Ranbir at this moment because I can see how Piku got extraordinary acclaim even without good song & popular young actor.

But, storyline, scripting and editing also give big impact. All Khan movie loved by everyone because of good storyline and good editing even bad scripting. And that all because khans also "director & producer" in all their movie. I don't think anyone want to watch a movie which storyline jump there and here without any clue. I think BV became bad movie because of bad storyline & bad editing.

dietcoke1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: IHeartDeepika.

Um did you realize that I am talking about films and not personal life?😆I don't like Ranbir offscreen but I've always praised his acting when I felt he was good. I get it your upset with this debacle but no need to give me as essay on something I didn't even write about😆

Lol why wud I be upset? I don't worship a single actor like you do. When u criticize a film giving proper reasons after watching the movie that's more than fair but celebrating someone's failure jus for the sake of it is another thing. Edited by dietcoke1 - 8 years ago
briahna thumbnail
koi sharam nahi kehne meh...kull milla karr only 7 ppl in the theater. i went to noon showing...yes FDFS.😃

no need for a  lengthy review...there are many floating around already. 

just  a shout out to all ranbir fans...do watch this on big screen for the ACTOR called ranbir kapoor. 

RANBIR KAPOOR. crippled with a shallow narrative..he towers all. his walk, his talk, his eyes, his hair, his tears, his action, his clothes, his smoking, his firing ...TOP!!! and yes in an epic disaster movie. so be it.

actually..i think he did better here than his much talked about another floppy movie rockstar. he completely owns you...watch this movie for the scene/song dhadaam dhadaam... a sheer magic he is  get ur tissue ready. that performance alone will be paisaa vasool for you ranbir fans. 

what baffles me after watching the movie...the editing of the movie was done by ace editor Thelma schoon...oh well maybe she forgot to sharpen her scissors for kashyap.

3 stars it goes straight to RANBIR KAPOOR. 
fairy_queen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Review: Bombay Velvet' Is a Bollywood Ode to

American Gangster Movies

By RACHEL SALTZ MAY 15, 2015

In the period world of "Bombay Velvet," Ranbir Kapoor " with his pencil mustache, crop of flyaway hair and broad-shouldered jacket " looks more than a bit like his grandfather Raj Kapoor. And he has some of his raffish, leading-man charm.

Like the elder Kapoor in such films as "Awaara" and "Shree 420," Ranbir plays an underdog battling the system. He's Johnny Balraj, a petty gangster who doesn't mind taking a pounding or doling one out. Johnny runs a nightclub and longs for a piece of the real-estate pie that is Bombay in 1969, a city on the cusp of (over)development.

The director Anurag Kashyap's cinematic touchstones don't end with Raj Kapoor. He also has a thing for American gangster movies. There are echoes here of "The Godfather" and "Scarface" (Brian De Palma's). James Cagney shows up, too; Johnny watches "The Roaring Twenties," with Cagney dying on snowy steps as a blonde intones, "He used to be a big shot."

Which is to say that "Bombay Velvet" (great title) is more about movies than it is about gangsters. Mr. Kashyap's restless camera likes the look of rain on windshields and tommy guns, Art Deco nightclubs and girl singers with beehive 'dos.

If Mr. Kashyap's previous films, like "Ugly" and "That Girl in Yellow Boots," have had an indie, sometimes arty sensibility, here, and in the ambitious "Gangs of Wasseypur," he paints on a bigger canvas, or perhaps a bigger screen, wedding

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/movies/review-bombay-velvet-is...lywood-ode-to-american-gangster-movies.html?partner=rss&emc=rss Page 1 of 2

Review: Bombay Velvet' Is a Bollywood Ode to American Gangster Movies - NYTimes.com 5/15/15, 7:12 PM

indie impulses and Bollywood storytelling. For much of its first half, "Bombay Velvet" hums with the kind of energy found in movies by the 1970s American directors Mr. Kashyap seems to admire. (Martin Scorsese is thanked in the head credits.)

Mr. Kashyap is perhaps too faithful to his Bollywood imperatives, though. In the grand tradition, his film is overlong (149 minutes) and overplotted. (It's hard to keep track of all the dirty deals and dirty dealers carving up Bombay.) And just when you expect it to explode some of the clichs it reinvigorates, it embraces them instead.

Still, as one fast operator tells our hero, "The map of Bombay is being redrawn, Johnny." Even with its faults, Mr. Kashyap's film is more evidence that the map of Bollywood is, too.
Bombay Velvet

Opened on Friday

Directed by Anurag Kashyap; written by Gyan Prakash, Thani, Vasan Bala and Mr. Kashyap; director of photography, Rajeev Ravi; edited by Thelma Schoonmaker and Prerna Saigal; music by Amit Trivedi; production design by Sonal Sawant; costumes by Niharika Bhasin Khan; produced by Vikas Bahl and Vikramaditya Motwane; released by FIP. In Hindi, with English subtitles. Running time: 2 hours 29 minutes. This film is not rated.

WITH: Ranbir Kapoor (Johnny Balraj), Anushka Sharma (Rosie) and Karan Johar (Kaizad Khambatta).

A version of this review appears in print on May 16, 2015, on page C4 of the New York edition with the headline: Bollywood Gangsters.

Edited by fairy_queen - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
^^ You seem to be upset tho 😆
While I don't agree celebrating people's failure, it sadly happens to all actors..every fan group does on this forum..
No need to get personal..
These stuff aren't meant to be taken seriously...so don't get worked up if you don't really care.
This is just the start giving how badly the movie is doing.

P.S. I can relate to you tho
When I first start coming to BWS, I use to wonder and even react to people's hatred towards actor.
Although I didn't get personal unless one throws the first punch 😆
briahna thumbnail
SHUT THE HELL UP ALL...THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT DEEPIKA AND RANBIR ...THIS IS ABOUT BV REVIEWS.
if you don't' have reviews or thoughts on movie...get the hell out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by briahna - 8 years ago
briahna thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Yeah it is about preference but then i din really like YJHD either..What i meant was it was meant to be a cliched & entertaining romcom & thats what it delivered..While BV was supposed to be so much more but for me atleast it was a disappointment..

count me in. 

i would rank his BV performance much higher that YJHD.
the best of him so far..performances..
BV
barfi
rockstar
wus
raajneeti
rocket singh
yjhd

JungFrau thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
We must blame rk's hairstyle and anushka's lips for the debacle. 
Lol, no surprise here, lo and behold the Deepika fans who have flocked here to grace us with their words of wisdom. 

Originally posted by: JungFrau

We must blame rk's hairstyle and anushka's lips for the debacle. 

I personally thought he looked cute with that hairstyle. ðŸ˜†