BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS - Page 95

Posted: 8 years ago
Its a lesson to not hype directors blindly. Anurag kashyap being called some epic cool, high thinking international category director is piss worthy. He is not. period. Rk and anushka had faith in him Fox had faith in his vision he was over hyped they were confident his film would be good. Niche films what Vikramaditya, vikas behl, sriram raghav, lunchbox director, piku director, Navdeep nh10 director also made niche films but critics did not come out feeling disappointed with their film. Anurag is darling of critics he couldnt get great reviews for the film a bad film is a bad film. 

Bombay Velvet Box Office Collections Day 1 (Friday)

3 mins ago
2 min read

Bombay Velvet had just completed a disastrous day at the box office. For a film that needed to collect around 15 crore on Day 1, the Ranbir Kapoor starrer is likely to settle for around Rs 6.5 - 7 crore on Friday.

The film was a washout across the country. Every circuit, every centre was dull. In fact, at a few centres, last week's release Piku had better occupancy. Several shows were cancelled and at several others the number of audience was in single digits.

Like we mentioned in the morning report, the fate of Bombay Velvet has pretty much been sealed on Friday itself.

The word-of-mouth is negative, so the film might actually go further down tomorrow and finish with weekend business of Rs 20 crore or less.

To put the opening into perspective, the first day collections of Bombay Velvet is about half of Gabbar Is Back' and Fast and Furious 7. It's also much lower than Ranbir Kapoor's last release Roy'. When the final collections come in, Bombay Velvet could be at around the same level as Badlapur', which was made on 1/5th the budget and about the same level as Arjun Kapoor's Tevar'.

If Bombay Velvet doesn't pick up tomorrow, it could be the biggest loser in the history of Indian Cinema, in terms of money that was lost on the film. The losses could be in the range of Rs 70-75 crore, and the film could even struggle to recover its marketing costs through theatrical business.

The last big film that was received so negatively was probably Hrithik Roshan's Kites, which released way back in 2010. But even that film took a bumper opening, collecting nearly 10 crore on its opening and finished with a fairly decent total of Rs 42 crore. Others films like Joker, Main Aur Mrs Khanna, Drona and a few other films were also epic disasters, but those films were made on much lesser budget.

Originally posted by dietcoke1

we get it you love Deepika, alot of us do too, but theres no point dissing Ranbir coz your idol loves him too(enough to walk around with RK tattoo for last how many years). Everyone knows this movie has been a labour of love, it's not jus a south remake rip off, people have actually put so much handwork into it...so celebrating it's failure jus reflects badly on you...DP is on top now but tables can turn anytime...If ranbir kapoor can fall then so can DP..nothing is permanent in BW. Ranbir will bounce back...

another thing...Ranbir cheated on DP, not on you...so why do u take it personally n hate him?😆

you guys had it coming. So many RK fans were predicting gleefully that Piku is going to flop. So dont complain now that people are making the mickey out of you
Originally posted by dietcoke1

we get it you love Deepika, alot of us do too, but theres no point dissing Ranbir coz your idol loves him too(enough to walk around with RK tattoo for last how many years). Everyone knows this movie has been a labour of love, it's not jus a south remake rip off, people have actually put so much handwork into it...so celebrating it's failure jus reflects badly on you...DP is on top now but tables can turn anytime...If ranbir kapoor can fall then so can DP..nothing is permanent in BW. Ranbir will bounce back...

another thing...Ranbir cheated on DP, not on you...so why do u take it personally n hate him?😆
Um did you realize that I am talking about films and not personal life? ðŸ˜† I don't like Ranbir offscreen but I've always praised his acting when I felt he was good. I get it your upset with this debacle but no need to give me as essay on something I didn't even write about ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by fairy_queen

LOL Fans of actors that are in the most ridiculous movies bashing BV? BV is 100X better than Kick and HNY combined. ðŸ˜†

will see bv soon
but both kick and hny were entertaining
different kind of movies.

even the likes of Anupama and Masand hated it 😳 How times change!
Originally posted by infinite-

They finished Aamir also ? 😲😲😆

Oh but for Tamasha, only Deepika will get the credit, you know that. 😆 

gosh look at the hypocrisy, bashing deepika to change topic
ranbir is a good actor with bad movies
bashing deepika doesn't change that

Double post
Edited by StillAlice - 8 years ago
hmmm...am I the only one that who really liked the movie? Was able to finish a bollywood movie after such a long time.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Its a bad film..Period ðŸ˜†  The film seems to be attracting diverse views so am not really sure if others liked it better but despite being a fan of Ranbir, i found it very sub-par..I loved RK's performance & since am a fan, i sat through it..My friend is neutral & she begged me 3 or 4 times if we could walk out midway & do something more useful ðŸ˜†

the songs aren't entertaining on screen?