Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: BeingAnonymous

DBB was his interpretition but was tad slow and Raamleela wasnt period it was current dayy only :p

Lagaan had cricket India's passion but i vaguely remember even it wasnt runaway hit something around average (might be wrong)
Devdas was yes but acc to me it wasnt completely periodic 
I agree with JA but 

DBB is Dibakar's interpretation but people expected Saradindu's Byomkesh so they were dissapointed
When Laagan was released no one had a idea that it has cricket, it was ATBB but hit none the less.
Ofcourse Devdas was period movie, the story was set in feudal Bengal
You are correct for RL. The costume and set up was periodic but it was of modern time
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Looking at  photos of Ranbir Kapoor in the movie I had thought this movie was going  to be a disaster.  And the trash they say ' niche' audience etc.

They say period movies don't work in India really..do explain Lagaan and Jodha Akbar success to me ...then.

BS
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: BeingAnonymous

Is period movies a curse in India has any movie succedded 

Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter

Nope. The problem is that India doesn't know how to make period movie(for the most part).

When done right; they are masterpieces and do great at BO.

Take Lagaan for example. It smashed each and every BO myth and was a smashing success. Today it is rated as one of the best movies to ever come out of India. It beat other classics for the no.1 spot as the best ever on a poll conducted at the hundred years of Hindi cinema.
Originally posted by: Deathstroke

Where is piyatrix ?

Trying to hit on my hubby๐Ÿ˜†

now i understand why๐Ÿ˜†
DAMN, I think even low the budget movies and movies with unknown starts haven't been canceled before this movie? This is so insulting. I wanted the movie to do well :/ 
But oh, well! So much for the upcoming superstar. ๐Ÿ˜†
-mistyeyed- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The biggest hit of Indian Cinema, Mugha-e-azam was a period film. What are people talking about?๐Ÿ˜† A well-made film or an average film with truly popular actors will always do well. BV fulfills neither criteria. It is not a well-made film and it does not have popular actors in the league of Khans.

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

What I don't get is why all the Salman fans are going hyper over BV failing?? Every thread, every topic is being dominated by them.

Any previous fight that I know not off??

I don't know about any fights either but I never liked this guy ...always came at around as an over confident arrogant prick to me..with his im so susheeel imagine glued on his forehead. Lol 

I knew Air flight Bombay Velvet 0090 will crash , it was destined to crash and I 'm happy with my guts and feelings more than him giving a hattrick.

Lol

never heard of shows getting cancelled... even ek paheli leela was okay๐Ÿ˜†
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Nope. The problem is that India doesn't know how to make period movie(for the most part).

When done right; they are masterpieces and do great at BO.

Take Lagaan for example. It smashed each and every BO myth and was a smashing success. Today it is rated as one of the best movies to ever come out of India. It beat other classics for the no.1 spot as the best ever on a poll conducted at the hundred years of Hindi cinema.

Oh i thought Lagaan was average my bad then๐Ÿ˜ƒ
mangal Pandey was avg i mixed up 2 ๐Ÿ˜†
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -mistyeyed-

The biggest hit of Indian Cinema, Mugha-e-azam was a period film. What are people talking about?๐Ÿ˜† A well-made film or an average film with truly popular actors will always do well. BV fulfills neither criteria. It is not a well-made film and it does not have popular actors in the league of Khans.

Yes they love to hide their failures by saying its for " niche" audience. You make BS you get BS...hope its a lesson for the other period movie makers.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Mughal-e-Azam is another example. One of the biggest hits ever and it was a period movie.