Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS - Page 68

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Star_girl

Okay thanks a ton. 
I am sorta worried that it may not be possible. I wonder why the opening is stated to be this low. I mean, I thought there was positive buzz for the film after the second trailer but it doesn't add up, given how Ranbir is actually pretty popular. Anyway, probably it will pick up during the weekend. Piku is hardly a competition, different genres. 

The biggest problem is the budget.

You cant have such a fickle story with such a humongous budget. It is bound to fail. Not limited to only BW, it happens in HW as well. Jupiter Ascending is a recent example.

The only fault of Ranbir's in this is that the movie hasn't opened well. That was dependent on his star power not on the content. Sure the promos may not have been up to the mark but this opening is a disaster.

If the story is as bad as they are making it out to be; even the Khan wouldn't have save it. A budget of 110 cores needs over 200 to be a solid hit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Is period movies a curse in India has any movie succedded 
Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what astar power 🤣 but dont worry RK now will comfirmed that he will marry katrina and everything will be ok till DP save him with tamasha

ChannaMereya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

The biggest problem is the budget.

You cant have such a fickle story with such a humongous budget. It is bound to fail. Not limited to only BW, it happens in HW as well. Jupiter Ascending is a recent example.

The only fault of Ranbir's in this is that the movie hasn't opened well. That was dependent on his star power not on the content. Sure the promos may not have been up to the mark but this opening is a disaster.

If the story is as bad as they are making it out to be; even the Khan wouldn't have save it. A budget of 110 cores needs over 200 to be a solid hit.

The problem is Ranbir did a Roy before BV , and that disappointed many 
He is known for good movies but Besharam and then Roy hasnt helped and people are fickle minded 
So that is problem 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

BV's min competition will be from Mad Max which has received the best reviews and audience feedback for an English movie. 

I watched Fury Road last night and have booked my tickets for a 2nd viewing on Sunday. Watching Fury road was like being in a state of High/adrenaline rush for 2 hrs. It is bloody brilliant.

Fury Road is bound to be bloody brilliant. That much was evident from the trailers. I am seeing it today.

And i wont be surprised if it beats BV figures over the coming days. The reviews have been amazing and the action genre is what the whole of Asia seems to be in love with.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

Kashyap isn't bad as he is being made out to be. On the contrary he is one of the best. 

If in doubt watch his 3 masterpieces- Gulal (His best ever), Black Friday & Ugly.

he isn't just cut-out for commercial fares. Or perhaps the law of averages caught up with him. Thats all.

Kashyap's movie is targetted for certain audience
He is not bad, obviously not at all
but I like many other do not connect to his movies
I liked Gulal and Black Friday but given a chance I would pick up someone else's movie if available.
Also he is master of small movies with serious subject
He should have bat accordingly
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
As expected going the Saawariya way...down down down
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: BeingAnonymous

Is period movies a curse in India has any movie succedded 

Damn looking at BV reviews feel DBB got better than this and atleast managed BelowAverage , This is getting negative reviews even on twitter

I think for most of the period movies, story gets lost in set, location, grandeour, costume etc
But when well made those becomes epic like JA, Laagan
Though not a forum's choice, Ramleela, Devdas too did very good business in period set up
DBB was not true to Byomkesh Story, Dibakar made it very complicated. Had he been sticked to original story, it could have done decent business.
ChannaMereya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hermione82

I think for most of the period movies, story gets lost in set, location, grandeour, costume etc
But when well made those becomes epic like JA, Laagan
Though not a forum's choice, Ramleela, Devdas too did very good business in period set up
DBB was not true to Byomkesh Story, Dibakar made it very complicated. Had he been sticked to original story, it could have done decent business.

DBB was his interpretition but was tad slow and Raamleela wasnt period it was current dayy only :p
Lagaan had cricket India's passion but i vaguely remember even it wasnt runaway hit something around average (might be wrong)
Devdas was yes but acc to me it wasnt completely periodic 
I agree with JA but 
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
so the article about the star asking for his 20 crores was right, ranbir knew this would be a disaster therefore take your money before the eggs hatch.