BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS - Page 17

Posted: 8 years ago
Karan getting praised to the skies.πŸ˜†

He is going to be terrible and I am basing this on the trailers. Did you see his dialogue delivery and the his body language?? I was laughing the whole time.

Ranbir has gotten over the problems he had in the trailers, it seems. I am glad for that. Barfi was ages ago and a solid Ranbir Kapoor performance is the need of the hour.

Anushka, well I have been saying it from the start. It is going to her movie, through and through.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I don believe them at all..Not one bit πŸ˜†

Me too. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
KJo was wooden the the trailers. They should have taken KayKay for the role.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Sidharth Malhotra @S1dharthM  

#BombayVelvet introduces the best villain in recent time @karanjohar with his intense suave performance,really excited about his debut Tom.

πŸ˜†

Especially this Roger.

Best Villain in recent times.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Have you seen DBB?? The visuals were stunning and the direction, amazing. I have never seen such attention being paid to details ever in a BW movie (It set the benchmark and I doubt BV will be able to top that). The performances were top notch as was the story.

The only places it suffered was that it was too slow at times and the climax was a let-down.(Not for me but talking generally) Otherwise the Calcutta they visioned the way the story unfolds was a sight to behold.

Same looks true for BV. There is little story and the pace is slow going by the reviews. And that is a bad thing especially if you are making it for BV audiences at a budget of 100 crores.

I expected more like; a bit of history to how that time was, the conflicts, some commentary on the gang warfare, politics and the like. Seems like we are not getting it. I know that the love story was the focal point and they made it clear. But these things must have been going on in the back-drop to make it the classic that it could have been. Just my two cents.

The final picture will be revealed after Friday though.

Actually, going by the reviews there seems to be detailing about land reclamation, Blitz-Torrent rivalry, communist-capitalist conflict etc. Dunno if its a good thing or not as those things can slow down the movie. We'll know soon. 
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Especially this Roger.

Best Villain is recent times.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

The tweet sounds hilarious for some reason πŸ€£   I mean its alright to praise..I get that you cant bash your mentor but please make it believable πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

BM review is by Faridoon, I guess. Taran doesn't work for them anymore. Firstpost changed Mihir's headline lol. Stoops even lower than their pre-release bashing.

I think second half will be more exciting for general audience due to conflict and subsiquent gangwars. Hope there isn't too much detailing on technical stuff like land reclamation as majority won't care about such stuff.

Came here to say this. Couple of people complained and Firstpost changed the title. It was a legit criticism and I am damn glad they did it.

Some of you still seem to doubt that I have read the script. Make sure to go back and check my emoji sequence I posted in the other thread after watching the film. Or dont, whatever.

Anyway the  second half is where the climax heats up and it revolves around twins and deception. Dont understand why Mihir didnt find the second half as interesting given  that is when the story gets more intense. Unless of course the makers have made it more masala and changed the story somehow.

Also contrary to rumors the films isnt about gangsters. The only gangsters are Karan Balraj and Chiman. Both act as  henchmen for Khambatta.  There is no inter gang rivalry in the film, even though the promos make it seem so.

edit: *say this, not day this
Edited by Khambatta - 8 years ago
Originally posted by dietcoke1

Actually u brought ur family into a thread by saying that ranbir isn't popular as ur family members haven't seen his films, and me n some others merely responded to that...so YOU brought ur family into it. 

yes we know how much u love to predict things when it comes to anything related to ranbirπŸ˜†  what about predicting things for other actors movies too like Varun, siddharth etc?πŸ˜†

I don't do that because i haven't and don't watch movie of other actors except Khans, Ranveer, Ranbir, Akki and sometimes Hrithik. I am not a fan of whole bollywood, i am fan of those stars only. Only when i see evidence that the guy is a lambi race ka ghoda, i choose to support them.   Neither you will find my posts in other actor's threads except these stars.

Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Actually, going by the reviews there seems to be detailing about land reclamation, Blitz-Torrent rivalry, communist-capitalist conflict etc. Dunno if its a good thing or not as those things can slow down the movie. We'll know soon. 

Good thing for those who love detailing & intricate details/ historical facts in films, bad thing for those who want entertainment..At the end of the day, it all boils down to your taste & preference and the kinda cinema you like..No one is right or wrong here
Originally posted by Khambatta

Came here to day this. Couple of people complained and Firstpost changed the title. It was a legit criticism and I am damn glad they did it.

Some of you still seem to doubt that I have read the script. Make sure to go back and check my emoji sequence I posted in the other thread after watching the film. Or dont, whatever.

Anyway the  second half is where the climax heats up and it revolves around twins and deception. Dont understand why Mihir didnt find the second half as interesting given  that is when the story gets more intense. Unless of course the makers have made it more masala and changed the story somehow.

Also contrary to rumors the films isnt about gangsters. The only gangsters are Karan Balraj and Chiman. Both act as  henchmen for Khambatta.  There is no inter gang rivalry in the film, even though the promos make it seem so.

Who are you?