BOMBAY VELVET BO collections and REVIEWS - Page 16

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Piyatrix

When are u watching? Do share yr experience. I'll probably watch next week.

Tomorrow..Matinee show..Yeah, i'l post my review here..I'l try not to be biased but its kinda hard ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

well, if it recovers its investment i think it will be good for BV n all parties involved.

this movie had so many issues, obviously it was not going to be a blockbuster.
Plus, Anurag didn't live up to his reputation
... the essence of the reviews is : Anurag has become Bhansali for Bombay Velvet...instead of focusing on narrative and screenplay, he focused on visuals...that clearly affects business...it's the truth that nobody cares about the effort that goes into visuals because public doesn't see the work in realtime. Those who know filmmaking or movie buffs, they will appreciate it and are doing so.

lol wait until friday to give ur judgement...only 2-3 reviews are out😆 btw people are loving the visuals...something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. 
Originally posted by dietcoke1

lol wait until friday to give ur judgement...only 2-3 reviews are out😆 btw people are loving the visuals...something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. 

Bingo

i generally do that earlier because i love to predict..😆... forgive me...And i generally am right as i don't talk randomly, it's an experience of watching hindi movies since 1992.
While most were blindly praising 1st trailer, i posted right away that it's not good. evidence- they had to present 2nd trailer.
While everyone went gaga over its music, i posted right away that it's just about ok and not chartbusters...

I might be wrong and i might be right with BV, we will see on Friday but that's my analysis from trailers..of course, trailer doesn't always match the movie.. But from day 1, i have said that Anurag hasn't done the job here..let's see.

something perhaps anurag cud have done differently to help recover the costs is to have more mainstream music, it wud have made it easier for more ppl to connect. --------------- SURE. Anurag excels in small town settings, it was stupidity to focus on visuals...because it adds upto the cost insanely...

PS the other movie whose music is just about OK is DDD...of course all rs, anu, pc fans are going gaga over it 😆

Question 🤓-- weren't u the person who brought my family into the thread and we had a huge fight? 
Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 8 years ago
BM review is by Faridoon, I guess. Taran doesn't work for them anymore. Firstpost changed Mihir's headline lol. Stoops even lower than their pre-release bashing.

I think second half will be more exciting for general audience due to conflict and subsiquent gangwars. Hope there isn't too much detailing on technical stuff like land reclamation as majority won't care about such stuff.Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 8 years ago
Sidharth Malhotra @S1dharthM  

#BombayVelvet introduces the best villain in recent time @karanjohar with his intense suave performance,really excited about his debut Tom.

😆

Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

i generally do that earlier because i love to predict..😆... forgive me...And i generally am right as i don't talk randomly, it's an experience of watching hindi movies since 1992.

Question 🤓-- weren't u the person who brought my family into the thread and we had a huge fight? 

Actually u brought ur family into a thread by saying that ranbir isn't popular as ur family members haven't seen his films, and me n some others merely responded to that...so YOU brought ur family into it. 

yes we know how much u love to predict things when it comes to anything related to ranbir😆  what about predicting things for other actors movies too like Varun, siddharth etc?😆
these KJO's kids...it's hard to tell if they r being honest, i guess we'll find out
Alia Bhatt @aliaa08  

It's a stunning looking film with superb performances @AnushkaSharma #RanbirKapoor. All the best to the teammm and Anurag sir !!!!

@anuragkashyap72 has created cinematic excellence in presenting #BombayVelvet 1960s shot beautifully n stellar performances by RK n Anushka

Varun SURESH Dhawan @Varun_dvn  

Can't get over the world created by Anuragh Kashyap in #bombay velvet amazing detailing and not easy to forget

Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Nope. There is unanimous praise for 4 things: visuals & scale, performances, love story and music. Throughout the promotions, they let out enough information that the story was totally decipherable and a few people also figured it out in the other thread. I don't think critics will be all too pleased with it because it's not 'complex' enough (like mentioned in one of the reviews) or a thriller...but I think BV, as all period film are, is more about the execution than a unique plot anyways. And going by the feeling from the reviews so far, I think the target will be the romantics...general public will come out talking about the Rosie-Johnny love story and Ranbir's acting more than anything else (i.e. the story) in the film. As for me, I'm going to see something in theatres after a long time for the visuals and music...I wouldn't have if not for the fact that they are integral to the experience of the movie. And so long as those are on point, along with all the performances from the cast and the love story is good...it'll be worth the experience, IMO.

Have you seen DBB?? The visuals were stunning and the direction, amazing. I have never seen such attention being paid to details ever in a BW movie (It set the benchmark and I doubt BV will be able to top that). The performances were top notch as was the story.

The only places it suffered was that it was too slow at times and the climax was a let-down.(Not for me but talking generally) Otherwise the Calcutta they visioned the way the story unfolds was a sight to behold.

Same looks true for BV. There is little story and the pace is slow going by the reviews. And that is a bad thing especially if you are making it for BV audiences at a budget of 100 crores.

I expected more like; a bit of history to how that time was, the conflicts, some commentary on the gang warfare, politics and the like. Seems like we are not getting it. I know that the love story was the focal point and they made it clear. But these things must have been going on in the back-drop to make it the classic that it could have been. Just my two cents.

The final picture will be revealed after Friday though.

these KJO's kids...it's hard to tell if they r being honest, i guess we'll find out
Alia Bhatt @aliaa08  

It's a stunning looking film with superb performances @AnushkaSharma #RanbirKapoor. All the best to the teammm and Anurag sir !!!!

@anuragkashyap72 has created cinematic excellence in presenting #BombayVelvet 1960s shot beautifully n stellar performances by RK n Anushka

Varun SURESH Dhawan @Varun_dvn  

Can't get over the world created by Anuragh Kashyap in #bombay velvet amazing detailing and not easy to forget

I don believe them at all..Not one bit ðŸ˜†