loveuparth thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
wow so it will be disaster ha ha ha poor ranbir
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: dietcoke1

^So eventhough Mihir didn't like the 2nd half, it seems like he liked the movie overall though.

People shud think of it as a high class masala film😆...i mean if they can make Kick a blockbuster which made no sense then surely they can bare a slightly weak 2nd half. 

everyone seems to be liking the love story though👏

Kick had Salman Khan..We shouldn't forget that  😆  Its useless to compare tbh cos a Kick or OSO or even HNY will crash without a trace if it had any of the younger stars so the film has to score content wise..Anyways, i don mind mixed reviews..Its alright so long as the WOM is positive..
TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Surprised by Mihir's review...I thought he really liked the movie...boring second half doesn't hold good for the movie...second half should have been stronger rather than first
dietcoke1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rockrahul

Surprised by Mihir's review...I thought he really liked the movie...boring second half doesn't hold good for the movie...second half should have been stronger rather than first

but when have period films ever been perfect😆..everything from Jodhka akbar to ram leela...all of them looked beautiful but took their time to get to the point but still ppl enjoyed them..im sure BM will have similar issues..Fairenough he didn't like the 2nd half but he cud have had a more positive headline.. 

he jus tweeted clarifying the headline

Mihir Fadnavis @mihirfadnavis  

Just to clarify, I am not responsible for any of my review headlines. If a review has a shitty headline it's the publications fault.

Edited by dietcoke1 - 8 years ago
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rockrahul

I am not too surprised, Anurag's biggest failing has been his fondness for excessive self-indulgence, which is a problem many had with Gangs... too. But then again, many loved Gangs..., so it depends. It's just one person's opinion at the end of the day.
Edited by hedwig_fawkes - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Bombat Velvet Is First Big Budget Urban Niche Film
Thursday 14 May 2015 11.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services?

The biggest film of the year so far will release this week with a landing cost of well over 100 crore but that is just on paper whereas on screen it looks a niche urban drama which has a limited market of 6-7 cities. It is the first film of this sort which has a cost which is this high.

It is tenth Hindi film to have cost of over 100 crore following likes of Dhoom 3, Bang Bang, Happy New Year, Kick and Chennai Express amongst others. The difference between these films and Bombay Velvet is that they looked big budget extravaganzas and irrespective of content opened big all over the country. The lowest opening for a film costing 100 crore plus is Ra.One at 14.50 crore nett in 2011 and that 14.50 crore nett came on Diwali Puja which hits business in most parts of the country.

There is talk in the industry of a big threat from Hollywood which is not really the case as yet but it will be reality if the industry continues to be infatuated with these urban films, if the content is not urban then the story telling style is which puts lid on the growth of the industry and basically this has been the problem this year so far.

If Bombay Velvet pulls it off then that would give a lot of hope to this urban cinema being made today as it gives a sign that this sort of recovery is possible. Realistically it will be hard as historically the audience outside the metros has never patronised this type of cinema. 

Ranbir Kapoor Only Real Plus For Bombay Velvet
Thursday 14 May 2015 12.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services?

This week will see the release of Bombay Velvet after many delays and its main plus is Ranbir Kapoor who has good a following amongst the youth which watches film in multiplexes. When an actor with some sort of star pull is presented well it gives the film an extra push but here its about what the star alone can do initially without help from music or content.

If the film was made on half the cost then the star power of Ranbir Kapoor may have been enough but not at this level. The metros may even take a good initial but the A centres like Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Surat, Jodhpur, Ludhiana, Lucknow etc which are the key to big numbers for any filmmay be the problem for the film

No film has performed in these cities this year with Gabbar Is Back putting up best numbers but that being a South style film was always going to limit it. Still if Bombay Velvet can surpass Gabbar Is Back in these places then it may have a decent final total as if these citis are higher then the metros will be much higher.

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Have rhe reviews lowered any of yours expectations??
Mine have come down very fast. The only great thing is that it resrmbles the hollywood gangster movies. I love that style of filmmaking.

The story however looks extremly fickle. Cant believe there isnt more to it than what the reviews are saying. The trailers potrayed a much much bigger canvas.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Mine have come down very fast. The only great thing is that it resrmbles the hollywood gangster movies. I love that style of filmmaking.

The story however looks extremly fickle. Cant believe there isnt more to it than what the reviews are saying. The trailers potrayed a much much bigger canvas.

I never had high expectations to begin with..Am still as excited cos its been ages since i saw RK on the big screen 😆
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nope. There is unanimous praise for 4 things: visuals & scale, performances, love story and music. Throughout the promotions, they let out enough information that the story was totally decipherable and a few people also figured it out in the other thread. I don't think critics will be all too pleased with it because it's not 'complex' enough (like mentioned in one of the reviews) or a thriller...but I think BV, as all period film are, is more about the execution than a unique plot anyways. And going by the feeling from the reviews so far, I think the target will be the romantics...general public will come out talking about the Rosie-Johnny love story and Ranbir's acting more than anything else (i.e. the story) in the film. As for me, I'm going to see something in theatres after a long time for the visuals and music...I wouldn't have if not for the fact that they are integral to the experience of the movie. And so long as those are on point, along with all the performances from the cast and the love story is good...it'll be worth the experience, IMO.
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I always had a feeling that this will be one of those movies which will be remembered for its grand setting and Ranbir's performance. Going by the reviews I will get what I expected.