Diya Aur Baati Hum

~~SPOILERS/ARTICLES ONLY~~ 18th look of Deepika Pg 137 ~~ - Page 60

snowiie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Jo and Thala .. 🤗

Jo , Thala  Saw a Elxclusive Interview Article with Deepika Singh on PinkVilla today Morning .. my net package is low can u get the Artice and post .. 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Fri UK ratings

On Star Plus, the most watched show was Mere Angne Mein' at 17:30 took lead with 62,300 viewers, followed by Suhani Si Ek Ladki' at 18:30 with 53,800 viewers and Diya Aur Baati Hum' at 21:00 with 51,200 viewers. 
Jyothi.N thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
EXCLUSIVE: Anas is very moody" - Deepika Singh

Deepika Singh, better known by her household name, Sandhya of Diya Aur Baati Hum', is enjoying what she is doing and the phase she is going through. She credits her supportive husband, Rohit Raj Goyal, and in-laws for letting her fully focus on playing a super cop cum dutiful bahu in reel life; even though she confesses being not at all like Sandhya in real life. Counted amongst the best actresses on the Indian television today, Deepika is far from any starry or celeb-like attitude. For those who are interested in knowing more about her, here are the excerpts of the conversation  she had with Pinkvilla.com recently. Read on.

Did any preparation go into playing Bengali maiden Sagarika?

No. The minute I came to know that Sandhya is going to be a Bengali girl in near future, there was hardly any time left for any prep. I had only four to five days left for the shoot to begin. I was suffering from laryngitis at that time. Although the production house provided a Bengali language teacher, due to the pain in the vocal chords, I could seek her help much.

On top of that, I had to wrap up the shoot of the former track and the schedule got hectic. The doctors did not advise me to speak much, yet I pushed myself hard to do my job well. I watched Youtube language training videos to prepare myself for playing a Bengali girl.

When the shooting began, the pressure forced me to give my best and I am a person who believes in giving my best. I was told that Bengali is similar to Sanskrit so that helped me because I was good in Sanskrit in school. Moreover, because my director knows Bengali, I sought help from him to get the diction right. Being a North Indian, I picked the accent well. And if you are hardworking, nothing is impossible, I believe.

For how long the Mission Mahabali' track will last?

I want it to last for a long time as I am thoroughly enjoying playing Sagarika Das. I am thankful to Shashi ma'am for writing my character so well and having faith in me to do it well.

Of the entire cast of Diya Aur Baati Hum', how would you describe:

Neelu Vaghela (Bhabho) - She is a friend and an amazing person. It is a blessing to work with her. As a person also, the way she leads her life, she speaks to others and conducts herself is admirable. She is very patient in real life.

Ashok Lokhande (Bhabhasa) - He is so fun! He is like a big brother. You can talk easily talk about your boyfriend or husband with him. He is very open-minded.

Pooja Singh (Emily) - She is sweet!

Anas (Suraj) - Very moody! Sometimes, he is very good. At times, he is sensitive also. Unse baat karne ke liye dekhna padta hai unka mood kaisa hai. (you have to gauge his mood before initiating a talk with him). Bu otherwise, he is a good person. I like the way he plays his character Suraj. Because of him, Suraj and Sandhya's chemistry became so popular.

Kanika (Meenakshi) - She is a good friend. You can rely on her. She is a person who does not bother whether anyone is there by her side or not. She does not fear to speak her mind and is not diplomatic - a rare quality in people is these days. Even I am not diplomatic.

Ved (Devansh) - Oh she is so sweet! I remember the day when I was about to leave to shoot at the outdoor location for the current track. Devansh came to me with his eyes filled with tears. Earlier, I bought him chocolates; but on that day, he brought a chocolate for me and said that it is for me because I am going to shoot outside. He said, "please don't go..please come to meet me." He was so emotional that day. I was surprised to see how a child could become so attached to me in two months. Even now, he stays in touch with me on phone n says "shooting nahin karogi saath to kya milne bhi nahin aaogi'?

How are you in real life?

Only others can tell how I am. I don't know how celebs are. I am a normal human being who goes to work daily. I aim to work so hard that I get fatigued by the end of the day and fell asleep effortlessly. I work out - I worship it.  When I was in Delhi before doing show, I used to closely watch police officers and admire them. That's how I developed the will to have that shapely body. I have worked hard for it and even till this day I enjoy it. Honestly, I only do what I like doing. Jo pasand nahin aata main nikal leti hun wahan se. I am blessed that I am able to do my work well. I don't log in on the social network as a celeb but as a normal girl.

Your body has changed over the years and looks more toned, muscled and fitter now. It is more evident when you wear sarees. How did you get into fitness?

I don't go to gym. I do cross fit functional training, TRX suspension and use my own body weight to work out. I have been exercising intensely for one and a half years. To challenge myself, I do tougher exercises with passing day. I love taking pain when I exercise. I am a very lively girl in real life but when I work out thoroughly, I remain active throughout the day on sets.

Do you take any supplements as well?

I am a very natural person. I don't want to get involved into any unnatural thing be it machines or medicines. But, if anyone wants to take it, it is a matter of personal choice.

Credit : Snowie
Edited by Jyothi.N - 8 years ago
snowiie thumbnail

ThankYou Jo 😊 😛

Looks like they Cahnge title From - I don't know how celebs are. I am a normal person to Some thing Else .. 😆

Anyhow  who cares About him 😆 , If the Article is Posted his Moodyness 😆 they shld have rather Kept the Orginal Title 😆   .. Twitter is posted with actual Title and a Page from Fb has already posted the actual title Post already in morning ..😊 😳

First Question and Last 3 Questions are Awesome ... 😛 😛 ❤️

Deepika is Very Lively Person and Determined Person in Real Life , Wish She maintains the Fitness like this and Concentrate on Keeping herself Peace , Positive Always .. 😊

Very Simple ❤️ and Inspiring , Passionate  ...  😊  👏 👏 ❤️ 
Edited by snowiie - 8 years ago
snowiie thumbnail

Deepika Singh aka Sandhya a hardcore fitness freak

by Newsroom Staff 9 hours ago

Mumbai, Aug 23: Deepika Singh aka Sandhya of "Diya Aur Baati Hum" is known for her dedication when it comes to portraying her IPS officer's character in the show. However not many people are aware of her strict fitness regime.

Deepika spends one hour religiously everyday with her trainer despite her hectic shooting schedule.

Talking about it Deepika says, "I don't go to gym. I have a fitness trainer who trained me in martial arts when I was preparing myself for IPS officer track. So I exercise with him everyday. I get bored very easily so my trainer has made fusion of different exercises and I get to do something new everyday. I don't like the machines in gym. It looks very artificial. My fitness training helped me a lot in getting into the skin of IPS officer character. The body posture, the style of walking, the action sequences everything came out so well after this training that I decided to continue this kind of workout lifelong."

Also, Deepika adds, "My husband Rohit also joins me for workout so I feel more motivated. But at times due to busy schedule he couldn't make it and I have to workout alone with my trainer."

http://www.newsroompost.com/231022/deepika-singh-aka-sandhya-hardcore-fitness-freak/

Mariaaly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
what's wrong with deepika and kanika? deepika slapped anas, kanika distanced herself from him. what is this all going on 🤔 after so many years of togetherness their relationship go this far.. 😆 hard to believe. *sigh*
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
tfs jo and snowie
her awarness on fitness is inspirational
Jyothi.N thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
After playing the lead roles in two shows Bani - Ishq Da Kalma and Tum Aise Hi Rehna, Shefali Sharma plays a parallel lead role of Laalima in the popular daily show Diya Aur Baati Hum.
She talks about the similarities with her character and the competition with the show's main lead Deepika Singh aka Sandhya.

After playing leads, why did you agree to join up an already established show like Diya aur Baati Hum?
I was a little hesitant to play a parallel lead when I first heard the briefing. I thought it was too early to play a parallel lead. But, I was told that this character is a strong one and I think it was worth taking a risk.

Your character Laalima is being presented as leading man's prospective second wife. Is it a negative character?
She will not be a negative character. Lalima is a very simple and practical girl. She plays an important role in Sooraj's (the male lead) life and brings the twist to the story. She has a strong belief in God and that is the similarity between me and her.

What about the competition factor with Deepika Singh who has been playing the show's leading lady for years?
We have met on the sets but we haven't done any scenes together on the show. I would love to work with her. Diya Aur Baati has been on air since the last four years and any new artiste is expected to work harder to get noticed in the show. I will have to work hard so that people remember and appreciate Laalima along with Sandhya (played by Deepika).

Do you think this track will be accepted by the audience?
It will definitely take time for the audience to accept a new face on the show but I think the positivity and innocence seen in Laalima's character will help the audience to connect with her.

Do you wish to shift from television to films like the other actresses?
Definitely, I think everyone wishes to enter the film industry. I would like to do positive, simple girl's role with a chance to perform.

Why not negative roles?
I prefer not to play a negative character as it not will suit my personality.

What is your take on reality shows?
Well, I did get an offer from Nach Baliye but that didn't happen. I would love to be a part of dance-related shows, but I will think twice before entering a show where cameras capture me all the time!
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Sandhya (Deepika Singh)

We did expect to see Sandhya in a different avatar, but seeing her donning a Bengali sari is something we never thought of! She definitely looks prettier, but it would be more amazing to see what avatar will she don when she comes to know about Suraj's wedding with Laleema?

Princy360 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Fit functional training and??