~~SPOILERS/ARTICLES ONLY~~ 18th look of Deepika Pg 137 ~~ - Page 34

Posted: 8 years ago
Not related to DABH 

Ironically, ineligible to be sweeper, but am IAS: UPSC topper Ira
Prasad Nichenametla, Hindustan Times, Hyderabad| Updated: Jul 05, 2015 01:50 IST
Ira Singhal is the topper of UPSC civil services exam 2014. (HT Photo)

5898 141Share53
"I still haven't checked the rank myself. Hope my friends and you guys saw it properly and confirmed it's in fact me," Ira Singhal, the UPSC topper laughs. Her phone has been ringing since the news broke. And even as HT was talking to her, she received a call from a top official of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), informing her that the minister wants to meet her on Monday.

This is the same DoPT, that along with the Central Board of Customs and Excise, had rejected her for the IRS she was selected to in 2010. Reason " Singhal, 31, is affected by scoliosis from birth and is physically challenged to perform the job.

Singhal refused to oblige and waged a battle, taking her case to the Central Administrative Tribunal, CAT, that ruled in her favour in February 2014.

Singhal currently is in the Dr MCR HRD Institute in Hyderabad as part of her training. She not only refused to give up but went on to prepare with the target of getting into IAS.

"Irony is that on medical and physical grounds, I am not eligible to be an IRS, a clerk or even a sweeper, but the rules do allow me to become an IAS," Singhal says.

She says her struggle to get into IRS taught her the best lessons of her life. "Actually, every struggle teaches you something. There is a possibility of defeat but in life you have to fight on."

Singhal, born in Meerut, is from New Delhi's Safdarjung Enclave. An engineer and an MBA, her father and mother are into the business of financial and insurance consultancy.

"They never treated me like I was physically handicapped. From childhood they taught me to take things like a normal person does. My struggle in this world was not because I am physically challenged but as a woman ... like any other woman subjected to discrimination or some backward thinking."

So, one of her endeavours as an IAS would be to work for women, children and the physically challenged.

Singhal has a lot of hobbies - dance, drama, and on top of it all is travel.

Her friend and fellow IRS Manudev Jain says she is a shararati person. "She plans the pranks, we execute them together."

"I have not been able to take my sisters call till now," Singhal says as she takes another call from a media house.

"I am burnt now. Haven't eaten all day and I am hungry now," she declares as it is dinner time.
tfs jo
ira should be saluted she overcame all her difficulties   ⭐️ ⭐️ 👏
the 2nd rank holder is a keralite
congrats all 😊 Edited by SurYalover - 8 years ago
Originally posted by SurYalover

tfs jo
ira should be saluted she overcame all her difficulties   ⭐️ ⭐️ 👏
the 2nd rank holder is a keralite
congrats all 😊

Wlcm Anju

2nd & 8th Keralite
Saturday UK ratings
On Star Plus, Saathiya' was the most watched show on UK Asian TV last night with 75,700 viewers, followed by Diya Aur Baati Hum; at 21:00 with 72,900 viewers and Suhani Si Ek Ladki' at 18:30 and Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' at 19:30 level with 64,200 viewers. 
Daily.. Good news for DABH 👏
Tfs Sonali 
Short update on the  ratings.. 
On wed DABH rating in UK was 7, Thursday it was 11.4 , Fri it was 8.1  and Sat 7.2 ... If I had the ratings of Mon and Tues I woud have given the average also.
Last time I got to know UK ratings were just 3.2 ( that was during the kabadi second or 3rd week) . Massive jump in UK.

In india ...I got to know the ratings of Mon and Tue were 2.8 ..If rest of the week crosses 3+ then overall average too will b above 3 or atleast in the range of 2.8- 3
Edited by Sonali_11 - 8 years ago
wow what a news to start this week
tfs sonali

rise in CM
uk ratings have gone up
now waiting for barc
tfs all
so some more surya scene on the way ..yay
like jealous sandy and teasing suraj
finally CVs has realized what we want to see !
TOI

Himanshu finally meets Sagarika and notices that she is wearing a 'mangalsutra'. Bharat gets worried when he sees that Himanshu has noticed Sagarika's 'mangalsutra'.