India-Forums

Zee Marathi
Zee Marathi

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 (Page 88)

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 10 August 2015 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Thanks Sonali. Wish you also catch up with 1000 number soon !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriya

.Neela. Goldie
.Neela.
.Neela.

Posted: 10 August 2015 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nachiketj

.jevha kevha yog yeil USla yaaycha, mala hakkacha ghar milala ahey for assal marathi jevnacha aaswad ghyayla Wink Tongue

@pink- athavayla lagel mala..walacha birda, olya naralachya karanjya, kothimbir wadi, kulithacha pithla...ankhin kaay...D'ohani varan bhaat with saajuk tup tar mustch Big smile ani Anni mhanali tassa with limbachi fod Smile

Anytime Nachiket !! (and of course anyone on the forum Hug)

(I can see SW's reaction :  Stern Smile Embarrassed)

@ Red: You got me...I am not sure about waal (the original ones); neither have I made it; South Indians don't like usals FYI (It's a different story that husbands eat as long as they don't have to cook; although my husband is a very good cook and he taught me most of the cooking after we got married Embarrassed; especially all South Indian dishes. Sakhar bhaat, pineapple sheera and jilebis are his specialities Tongue). 

I know hulge / kuleeth miltaat ithe.  I make usal many times, but have never seen the flour from that in any stores here.  If you bring the flour, I will make it LOL.  Tu US la he sagla khayla yenaar aahes kaa?  Kee majhe cooking skills test karayla yenaar aahes?? LOLLOL Suralichya wadya miltaat ithe karan there are more than ample Gujjus here. Ajun kahi rare? - Ambadi, suran, karli wagaire pan miltaat. LOL

I would think you would want to taste something other than Indian when you are here.  So leave the rest of the list for that. Smile

Originally posted by Pooriya

Neela, khara tar ya saglya goshtinsathi ch aata US la jayla hava  Wink Punyat tar bhaaji che fanas mhanun je viktaat te bahutek kachra mhanun takanya aivaji vikayla aanlet asa vatata :P  

I hear you Sonali Unhappy  My mother also complains about that. 

As an alternative, when she goes to her ajol (near Sawantwadi) she gets the dried gare which can be stored for long and when required soak it in water to make delicious upasachi bhaaji with some steamed jackfruit seeds.  I remember as kids when we used to go to her ajol, the most common subji that used to be there was fanas - all different varieties and I never used to get tired of eating it.  Along with red rice atwal (mau bhaat LOL). Aha...red rice and red pohe are also available here TongueLOLLOL.

Another thing which I must mention is the Dil subji - Shepoo - which we never made in Pune because of the pungent smell and equally disgusting taste.  But here, the Dil is absolutely devoid of that pungent taste and in fact my parents just loved it.  Moong daal amti with shepoo instead of coriander tastes awesome and so does the dry subji with sprouted moong - both are my daughter's favorites. 

Over the past month in one of the local stores - there is "red spinach" that's being sold; the packet literally mentions red spinach.  And I could not control my curiosity, so bought it over the weekend.  And guess what?!!!!!LOL  You must have guessed it...it was laal maath LOLLOL.

Having said that, South Indian folks can make delicacies out of the most boaring vegetables - they make shepoo bhajiya's / wada, wadas from banana flowers (both taste really good), apple sambhar, kale sambhar and the list can go on endlessly.  

Needless to say, one can survive here without traditional Indian delicacies; you just need to have a Chinese / Philippino store accessible to you to get the rarest of rare vegetables  (and animals) on this planet.  Just be lucky to have a Chinese store without (live) sea food being sold there; these stores are darn stinky with all the live sea food that they sell. The rare 2-3 times that I have been to such stores, I had to wash all clothes including jackets to get rid of the smell Wacko.

And how can I end without the mention of Varan Bhaat!!!!!!! TongueTongue (with sajuk tup AND limbachi fod Tongue)  Zoey, NJ, I was talking about the edible varan bhaat only.  I am not aware of any other meaning of Varan bhaat.  So, enlighten me please Zoey!! Unless...you are referring to something in connection with JYRG?!! I am not connected to the JYRG world for ages now.  So ab varan bhaat ka kuch mutated recipe ho gaya ho toh mujhe pata nahi.  

Rest all over the weekend.  These many delicacies will last until I come back again Smile.  

Delicious macaroons from Financier

Edited by .Neela. - 10 August 2015 at 9:45pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906veena0129anni80spashta-wakta-Zoey-mishkil88Nachiketj

anni80 Goldie
anni80
anni80

Posted: 11 August 2015 at 4:04am | IP Logged
neela... in literal marathi... tu ithe aslelya saglyanchi tonda chalavali aahes with all the varieties from fanasachi bhaji to gare to suralichya wadya to what not...

good... ur husband knows how to cook... sakhar bhat...yummy... rakhi po*nima javal yetye so narali bhaat is going to be there soon...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906.Neela.-Zoey-mishkil88

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 11 August 2015 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Double-seat promotion on CHYD didn't live up to expectation. The CHYD take on sade-made-tin was quite bad and stale as compared to last week's Mumbaicha faujdaar *ing Ravindra Mahajani. Double seat team will continue today as the movie is being produced by Essel vision.

Pooriyavidya0906spashta-wakta.Neela.Nachiketj

spashta-wakta Goldie
spashta-wakta
spashta-wakta

Posted: 11 August 2015 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mishkil88

Double-seat promotion on CHYD didn't live up to expectation. The CHYD take on sade-made-tin was quite bad and stale as compared to last week's Mumbaicha faujdaar *ing Ravindra Mahajani. Double seat team will continue today as the movie is being produced by Essel vision.
Again ... 'mama mhaNA, hAtAlA hAt lAwA' from me. However, I would put the blame on the Writer/ Director duo. There's no reason why (based on the small preview on CHYD) Double Seat should be a movie and not just a play. There's no 'nATya' - just a bunch of (predictable) conversations that even Mukta (her dialogue delivery is also quite predictable now since her roles are getting similar) can't make interesting. This is the 'nawA gaDI nawa rAjya' team and you know that it was a situational comedy that was quite verbose.
Not satisfied with cross-dressing men as women, the CHYD team showed its 'originality' by dressing Shreya Bugde as a male y'day. How original was that! Confused

Bhalchandra Pendharkar passed away in Mumbai Tue morning. He was 94. He was one of the main players behind the renaissance of Marathi sangeet natak. 'nayan tujhe jAdugAr', 'madanAchi manjirI', 'AI tujhI AThawaN yete', 'tU japun TAk pAUl jarA' etc are some of his famous songs.
May his soul rest in peace!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906.Neela.mishkil88

Nachiketj IF-Stunnerz
Nachiketj
Nachiketj

Posted: 11 August 2015 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Neela.

Anytime Nachiket !! (and of course anyone on the forum Hug) Thank you Neela Smile

@ Red: You got me...I am not sure about waal (the original ones); neither have I made it; South Indians don't like usals FYI (It's a different story that husbands eat as long as they don't have to cook; although my husband is a very good cook and he taught me most of the cooking after we got married Embarrassed; especially all South Indian dishes. Sakhar bhaat, pineapple sheera and jilebis are his specialities Tongue). Kudos to ur husband! I mean reading the variety of complex items (complex atleast for me jyala fakta varan bhaatacha cooker laavto yeto...here comes again Varan Bhaat LOL)  uve listed that he cooks its really commendable...and smart he is to teach you cooking Tongue

I know hulge / kuleeth miltaat ithe.  I make usal many times, but have never seen the flour from that in any stores here.  If you bring the flour, I will make it LOL.  Tu US la he sagla khayla yenaar aahes kaa? Depends. if it is a short stay definitely not..but if its Long stay definitely yes!!Big smile  Kee majhe cooking skills test karayla yenaar aahes?? LOLLOL Naahi baba jo aapla praanta nahiye tyaat me ajibaat dhavla dhaval karat naahi...jey paanaat waadhshil tey mukatyane khaeen LOL

I would think you would want to taste something other than Indian when you are here.  So leave the rest of the list for that. Smile  Actually yes! So Any dish having chicken/lamb except beef and some weirdo animal meat!! I am open to all options. Approve 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906.Neela.

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Shortcut was another movie released last friday which hasn't come on CHYD due to pref of their own film DS. From the promos Shortcut looks like copy of a cheap korean movie. Vaibhav Tatwavadi is quite sincere actor who did well in Coffee ani barech kahi. But  he should choose movies carefully. Sanskriti balgude worth not mentioning as she is only a good dancer. She has given some bold scenes compared to usual marathi standards. But no takers for this movie.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906spashta-wakta.Neela.

veena0129 Goldie
veena0129
veena0129

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Neela...Sayali...Zoey...all of u write sooo long posts...its like reading a novel or book !!!!!Wacko...i am speechless...
right from discussing Zaroon/ Kashaf...to Nandini/ Maanik...Indian delicasies in US...celibrities..and their stories...hats off to ur enthusiasm and energy...ClapSmile

Pooriyavidya0906.Neela.-Zoey-..Kimi..

Go to top